Tyler Lee vs mesquite horn

Kwsredraiders1990

Robert E. Lee at home...

Before being whipped at Longview all of their losses really came down to a couple of plays.

They have the opportunity to get a couple of those plays to go their way this week.

R.J.

Looking back Lee actually had a chance of going 9-1 this year. When the season started I had them pegged at 7-3. Losses coming to Longview,  Rockwall, and Horn. They still did good by making the playoffs. Realistically they could have been 9-1 if they would have held on late in the 4th quarter. A big difference from last year. I don't see them beating Midway but you never know. 

3 minutes ago, VonG said:

Looking back Lee actually had a chance of going 9-1 this year. When the season started I had them pegged at 7-3. Losses coming to Longview,  Rockwall, and Horn. They still did good by making the playoffs. Realistically they could have been 9-1 if they would have held on late in the 4th quarter. A big difference from last year. I don't see them beating Midway but you never know. 

Traylor bought himself some more time with this win.  He did a good job this yr. 

• LOL! 1

23 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

Traylor bought himself some more time with this win.  He did a good job this yr. 

You have to give the coaches some time. Most of the time you don't turn a struggling program around in 3 seasons. It might take 5 years before the program to actually start reaping the benefits of its labor. That starts by getting your feeder schools to buy in what the high school is doing.

It's great to see both Tyler schools in the playoffs. I don't see either of them winning but you never know. 

47 minutes ago, VonG said:

Could also just as easily be 6-4, as they probably should've lost to Rockwall Heath...just like they should've beaten Mesquite.

Definitely a great improvement from the Red Raiders this season.

Their defense against Midway will give them a chance, but I can't see them scoring enough.

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

What do you mean bought himself some time? REL would have to be crazy to have changed coaches even if they didn’t make the playoffs this year. Everything points to REL improving as a program. From the outside it looks like Traylor has done a great job. And he is an ETX guy who is gonna be there for the long haul. I think this is a perfect fit. But that’s my own outside perspective. You give Traylor 5-6 years to build this program up from the bottom, and I think everyone will be happy with the results. Like I said just my opinion. Or I guess REL could hire a 6a assistant from DFW, only for them to leave after 3 years.

1 hour ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

What do you mean bought himself some time? REL would have to be crazy to have changed coaches even if they didn’t make the playoffs this year. Everything points to REL improving as a program. From the outside it looks like Traylor has done a great job. And he is an ETX guy who is gonna be there for the long haul. I think this is a perfect fit. But that’s my own outside perspective. You give Traylor 5-6 years to build this program up from the bottom, and I think everyone will be happy with the results. Like I said just my opinion. Or I guess REL could hire a 6a assistant from DFW, only for them to leave after 3 years.

they haven't been that patient in the past, that is why I made that statement.  Up to now, you could argue that Traylor hasn't did much better than Piske.

I said yrs ago that I like the Traylor hire and they should give him some time.  Lee will probably have a decent team next yr and maybe the yr after too, but its going to be a very big drop off in talent for a little bit after that. 

1 hour ago, VonG said:

You have to give the coaches some time. Most of the time you don't turn a struggling program around in 3 seasons. It might take 5 years before the program to actually start reaping the benefits of its labor. That starts by getting your feeder schools to buy in what the high school is doing.

It's great to see both Tyler schools in the playoffs. I don't see either of them winning but you never know. 

Not really happy with JT season after last night but I agree with your other points. 

18 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

they haven't been that patient in the past, that is why I made that statement.  Up to now, you could argue that Traylor hasn't did much better than Piske.

I said yrs ago that I like the Traylor hire and they should give him some time.  Lee will probably have a decent team next yr and maybe the yr after too, but its going to be a very big drop off in talent for a little bit after that. 

I understand what you are saying now. But they would be crazy not to let Traylor try to do his thing for an extended amount of time. But I’m sure your statement is correct. If this playoff berth bought him say another 3 years, than that would be 6 years total. That’s plenty of time to know what you have in a HC.

I hate that they will have a talent drop off in 2 years tough. Maybe something will change. But you gotta have the guys. I don’t care how good the coach is. I’m rooting for Traylor to succeed. Not cause I necessarily care about Traylor himself, just want to see our big ETX schools have success. And it’s even better when it’s an ETX guy leading the to success.