Can Tenaha put the nails in L-K's coffin ???

NightStar11

L-K at Tenaha  

19 members have voted

1. 1. L-K v. Tenaha: Who you got ??

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, Crawford said:

Pulling for Tenaha. I'd like to see them finish the season with a win. 

How long has it been since Tenaha missed the playoffs, about 15 years?

No they played Kerens not too long ago but it was just bi-district round and LK got schooled and sent home oops sorry you were talking about Tenaha. My bad.

Edited by NightStar11
Wording
  • LOL! 1
  • Stinks 2

23 hours ago, NightStar11 said:

Hopefully the board will make long overdue coaching changes or either Simmons will bow out gracefully and perhaps take a job as an assistant coach with a good program. 

I seriously doubt anything will happen, of all the bad football that's been played I can only remember one coach being fired in the last 20 years. 

Let's say the school board fires Coach Simmons or he resigns...……….Now what ------ with the 2A enrollment number slightly increasing every 2 years and L-K having dwindling population and athletes going to Atlanta for school, L-K will soon be in the lower tier of Div 1 2A enrollment wise(football) and middle of 2A in all other sports...…..the junior high football team didn't go undefeated...……the girls program is not setting the world on fire...…..the baseball team did make it to the state finals and should be good again this year with a little development from the young guys(this is the exception to the overall program)……..what coach would want move to L-K to be the AD/head football coach -------"mainly" those guys at near retirement that need just a few more years(most not interested in working extremely hard), those about 25-30 years old dying for any head football coach experience, or a head coach coming from  one or more really bad experiences at a school(s)

Might be lucky to find that extremely young coach who is full of energy,  great X and O's man, motivator for every sport, and can get the athletes in the weight room year round...……..But if they hired a  young coach who ended up not working out, then the naysayers would be saying "I told you they were making a mistake(lol)" 

Basically, it might be better and it might be worse.

L-K sports fans  need to hope that some group(s) of 8th, 9th, and/or 10th graders take the initiative to work out during Christmas break, spring break, after school, summers, etc......to get stronger and faster and set a trend for the groups behind them.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Let's say the school board fires Coach Simmons or he resigns...……….Now what ------ with the 2A enrollment number slightly increasing every 2 years and L-K having dwindling population and athletes going to Atlanta for school, L-K will soon be in the lower tier of Div 1 2A enrollment wise(football) and middle of 2A in all other sports...…..the junior high football team didn't go undefeated...……the girls program is not setting the world on fire...…..the baseball team did make it to the state finals and should be good again this year with a little development from the young guys(this is the exception to the overall program)……..what coach would want move to L-K to be the AD/head football coach -------"mainly" those guys at near retirement that need just a few more years(most not interested in working extremely hard), those about 25-30 years old dying for any head football coach experience, or a head coach coming from  one or more really bad experiences at a school(s)

Might be lucky to find that extremely young coach who is full of energy,  great X and O's man, motivator for every sport, and can get the athletes in the weight room year round...……..But if they hired a  young coach who ended up not working out, then the naysayers would be saying "I told you they were making a mistake(lol)" 

L-K sports fans  need to hope that some group(s) of 8th, 9th, and/or 10th graders take the initiative to work out during Christmas break, spring break, after school, summers, etc......to get stronger and faster and set a trend for the groups behind them.

I hear you cotton but believe it or not there ARE coaches who are well off and would like a small town. Maybe they have timber or oil money or parents left them insurance money or their wife has a high salary but they have to be found and  invited. What LK needs is a good search committee first.

• LOL! 1
  • Stinks 1

3 hours ago, cotton84 said:

I say we give Greg Gaston a shot. I'm pretty sure he would love to come back home and it cant get any worse.

20 minutes ago, LKTiger06 said:

I say we give Greg Gaston a shot. I'm pretty sure he would love to come back home and it cant get any worse.

Why does it always have to be an alumni of LK??? Anyone from East Texas will do. Several of LKs most successful coaches were not even from Linden. All the alumnis we've tried have had losing records.  

• Stinks 1

3 minutes ago, NightStar11 said:

Why does it always have to be an alumni of LK??? Anyone from East Texas will do. Several of LKs most successful coaches were not even from Linden. All the alumnis we've tried have had losing records.  

What was John David Russell’s record as head coach ?

1 minute ago, cotton84 said:

What was John David Russell’s record as head coach ?

He had 9 of 11 seasons that were either winning or even. Most were winning seasons and a few were like 9-1 or above 7 or 8 wins. He is a great coach. And Rodney Russell had only 1 losing season out of 12 years at LK and LC Mauriceville ( 11 at LK and 1 at LCM) Rodney was great also. And Carl Preston before the Russell's. Preston was a great coach as well. 

4 minutes ago, NightStar11 said:

He had 9 of 11 seasons that were either winning or even. Most were winning seasons and a few were like 9-1 or above 7 or 8 wins. He is a great coach. And Rodney Russell had only 1 losing season out of 12 years at LK and LC Mauriceville ( 11 at LK and 1 at LCM) Rodney was great also. And Carl Preston before the Russell's. Preston was a great coach as well. 

John David was the head coach at Linden-Kildare for 9 years. 93-98 then 05-07 out of those 9 years 4 of them were 500 percent or less.