Can Tenaha put the nails in L-K's coffin ???

NightStar11

L-K at Tenaha  

19 members have voted

1. 1. L-K v. Tenaha: Who you got ??

This poll is closed to new votes

8 minutes ago, NightStar11 said:

He had 9 of 11 seasons that were either winning or even. Most were winning seasons and a few were like 9-1 or above 7 or 8 wins. He is a great coach. And Rodney Russell had only 1 losing season out of 12 years at LK and LC Mauriceville ( 11 at LK and 1 at LCM) Rodney was great also. And Carl Preston before the Russell's. Preston was a great coach as well. 

Preston was a great Coach..but he wasn't from LK. He was from Monticello if my memory serves me right. Graduated from Pine Bluff. Pretty sure Rodney went to LK though. Was Rodney on Preston's staff and took over after he left? 

13 minutes ago, NightStar11 said:

He had 9 of 11 seasons that were either winning or even. Most were winning seasons and a few were like 9-1 or above 7 or 8 wins. He is a great coach. And Rodney Russell had only 1 losing season out of 12 years at LK and LC Mauriceville ( 11 at LK and 1 at LCM) Rodney was great also. And Carl Preston before the Russell's. Preston was a great coach as well. 

and Rodney Russell was only at Linden for 7 years 84-90

He was at LCM for 3 years then PG for 2

Sheez....you let me down on your knowledge of LK football. 

LOL

3 minutes ago, BEARDEDGOAT said:

and Rodney Russell was only at Linden for 7 years 84-90

He was at LCM for 3 years then PG for 2

Sheez....you let me down on your knowledge of LK football. 

LOL

Yea the math on rodney doesn't add up to me either. Unless he was on preston's staff. Idk if he was or not..still doesn't count to his record.

25 minutes ago, AlvinMack said:

Preston was a great Coach..but he wasn't from LK. He was from Monticello if my memory serves me right. Graduated from Pine Bluff. Pretty sure Rodney went to LK though. Was Rodney on Preston's staff and took over after he left? 

If you are referring to "Rhodney" Russell, he did not go to school at L-K...……...Rhodney grew up in Talco, Texas...……….Rhodney was the head baseball coach at L-K in 1980 when L-K won state...…...He left and came back to be AD/Head football

18 minutes ago, BEARDEDGOAT said:

To answer your question 56 wins and 41 losses 

I was 90% sure he had a winning record at L-K as the head coach...…..I was trying to get a response from the one who said no L-K grads have ever had a winning record at L-K

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AlvinMack said:

Rodney was from Bogota I think and yes Preston from Monticello and I think Rodney was coach  or principal at jr high n elementary n then went to high school

• Stinks 1

7 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

If you are referring to "Rhodney" Russell, he did not go to school at L-K...……...Rhodney grew up in Talco, Texas...……….Rhodney was the head baseball coach at L-K in 1980 when L-K won state...…...He left and came back to be AD/Head football

You are correct cotton 

• Stinks 1

2 minutes ago, NightStar11 said:

I wasn't sure about jD but rodney went to Bogota 

I don't know about Rodney...………….But Rhodney Russell grew up in Talco, Texas and claims he went to Talco High School...…..You may know more about Rhodney than he himself does.

1 hour ago, NightStar11 said:

Why does it always have to be an alumni of LK??? Anyone from East Texas will do. Several of LKs most successful coaches were not even from Linden. All the alumnis we've tried have had losing records.  

I have said the same thing we only hire people with ties to linden but I really think Greg would do a good job.

On 11/11/2019 at 3:01 PM, LKTiger06 said:

I have said the same thing we only hire people with ties to linden but I really think Greg would do a good job.

On 11/11/2019 at 2:42 PM, cotton84 said:

I am sure...…..1974

Then JD would be 1 successful coach that was an alumni. What about Bill Keesee? Was he a Linden alum? He was a great coach.