The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CasualObserver70

Gilmer vs LE

Last game of regular season. Gilmer has already secured 2nd place in the district, and LE will be playing Bball come Monday. But still surprised no one has started a post. 

Going to be cold tonight. Safe travels and everyone bundle up!

I'm glad its Game Day for sure and ready to watch some football tonight. No need for comments on a down team. Just hope everyone comes out safe and ready to play next week. I'm sure LE will get somethings worked out and come back stronger next year, but we can't look past them for sure. We need to focus on this game first and play Buckeye Football. Safe travels to everyone tonight and I will see yall at the game!

Go Bux!!!

Buckeyes big

Going to be a long night for the Leopards and even longer off season.  Good luck to all of District 6AAAA in the playoffs.

Gilmer 55

LE 12

30-0 halftime. Gilmer passing game not quite as sharp in the 2nd quarter. 

Hurt does have 3 TD passes. 2 to Fluellen. Great adjustment on 1st TD pass to Griffith. Scrambled and located him breaking to the end zone. 

So far a very good game.

Great game Buckeyes!

Probably the best passing game the Buckeyes have had all year. Hurt was accurate most of the night, and the receivers made big time plays. But the best thing about the game was no injuries, lots of kids played (so nobody logged a lot of minutes), and a running clock in the 2nd half. 

I don't know what happened to LE this year. Tough season. Maybe the non district schedule was too tough. Kids need to play tough teams to get ready for district, but LE might have just gotten beat up and overwhelmed. 

30 minutes ago, CasualObserver70 said:

Probably the best passing game the Buckeyes have had all year. Hurt was accurate most of the night, and the receivers made big time plays. But the best thing about the game was no injuries, lots of kids played (so nobody logged a lot of minutes), and a running clock in the 2nd half. 

I don't know what happened to LE this year. Tough season. Maybe the non district schedule was too tough. Kids need to play tough teams to get ready for district, but LE might have just gotten beat up and overwhelmed. 

LE lost these games last April!

• Stinks 1

8 hours ago, JeffWrong said:

LE lost these games last April!

Probably before that when the schedule was made.......not when it came out.  Just a totally ridiculous schedule to ask any football team to play IMO.  My heart goes out to all the players at L-E. 

I didn't want LE to beat Gilmer, but I hate to see any team go 0-10. They play a brutal schedule and maybe need to dial that back a little bit. It would help gain confidence back and that is something to build off of. Process that is going to have to be built from the ground up. Hope LE bounces back next year. They have always played us a tough game and I personally would much rather see that. 

Those guys were beat before we stepped on the field. You could see the mentality of the players as they warmed up and when they played. I think they just wanted to get it over with. I hate that especially for the Seniors. 

3 minutes ago, Sbk5280 said:

I didn't want LE to beat Gilmer, but I hate to see any team go 0-10. They play a brutal schedule and maybe need to dial that back a little bit. It would help gain confidence back and that is something to build off of. Process that is going to have to be built from the ground up. Hope LE bounces back next year. They have always played us a tough game and I personally would much rather see that. 

Those guys were beat before we stepped on the field. You could see the mentality of the players as they warmed up and when they played. I think they just wanted to get it over with. I hate that especially for the Seniors. 

Every program goes through ups and downs. I guess it was LE's turn this year like it was Gilmer's last year. 

It is not the schedule that hurt L. E.  They should have been able to win one game in this district.  I hate to say it but they  may be down for a while.  There is talent though but leadership in a lot of areas is lacking.

7 hours ago, Sbk5280 said:

Nobody in the area will play L-E. Too many 3A schools in area and they want no part of L-E

L. E. played the same schedule last year and was beat up by the time district arrived but they still made the playoffs.  This season they were very healthy when district rolled around.