Sabine vs MV

Jeepster89

Mount Vernon vs Sabine playoffs rd 1   

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• MV
    • Sabine

11 hours ago, Jefferson96Dawgs said:

After seeing Sabine take it to Weat Rusk, I thought they were the team to beat. After getting beat up by G-water and getting by a terrible White Oak squad, I'm gonna give the edge to MVU. I'm driving down 30 east to see this one

I wouldn’t put much stock into the White Oak game. Gladewater game we didn’t play well. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

Any worries about those Sabine boys playing playoff football? None of them ever experiencing it may play a bit of a factor in this one. 

They will be ready to play hard for the entire game I can promise you. For the most part they've played with a chip on their shoulder all year and they will do the same Saturday. 

29 minutes ago, Opie1 said:

They will be ready to play hard for the entire game I can promise you. For the most part they've played with a chip on their shoulder all year and they will do the same Saturday. 

I’m just wondering if the moment is possibly too big for them. The district championship against Gladewater seemed like the first game they experienced “pressure” and Sabine didn’t perform well. 

On 11/10/2019 at 11:05 PM, Jefferson96Dawgs said:

After seeing Sabine take it to Weat Rusk, I thought they were the team to beat. After getting beat up by G-water and getting by a terrible White Oak squad, I'm gonna give the edge to MVU. I'm driving down 30 east to see this one

We took it to WR. Then became normal and let them back in game. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

I’m just wondering if the moment is possibly too big for them. The district championship against Gladewater seemed like the first game they experienced “pressure” and Sabine didn’t perform well. 

There were changes that could have been made during the GW game that would have made it more competitive but those changes were not made. Not so much the fault of the kids they were playing the game like they were told to. They started out behind the 8 ball in the 1st quarter and nothing changed the next 3 quarters, especially on the defensive side of the ball. They still might not have won but it wouldn't have looked as bad as it did. On the offensive side of the ball we also didnt make the changes that needed to be made but im not the coach and maybe my opinion is wrong.

36 minutes ago, Opie1 said:

There were changes that could have been made during the GW game that would have made it more competitive but those changes were not made. Not so much the fault of the kids they were playing the game like they were told to. They started out behind the 8 ball in the 1st quarter and nothing changed the next 3 quarters, especially on the defensive side of the ball. They still might not have won but it wouldn't have looked as bad as it did. On the offensive side of the ball we also didnt make the changes that needed to be made but im not the coach and maybe my opinion is wrong.

I want to believe that was by design, but I could be wrong. The 5 lost turnovers weren’t on the coaches though. Who knows what the outcome of the game is without those. 

2 hours ago, Blazin97 said:

Any worries about those Sabine boys playing playoff football? None of them ever experiencing it may play a bit of a factor in this one. 

Its possible. Many have experienced the playoffs in basketball and baseball though. I know neither are as big as football. It will be up to the seniors to keep the younger guys calm. 

1 hour ago, Bclove05 said:

Its possible. Many have experienced the playoffs in basketball and baseball though. I know neither are as big as football. It will be up to the seniors to keep the younger guys calm. 

My opinion? You may get beat but it won't be because Rex didn't have them ready. Sometimes you get out played and that's a wrap, but learn from it and just get better, make the things that cost you a vic become the things that make you better... Fundamental is often the best fix... Work on em... Chain out 

2 hours ago, Opie1 said:

You still would have had to stop GW on offense which Sabine literally couldn’t do all night. 

That’s true, basketball playoffs can compare more than baseball IMO. Those basketball playoffs can sometimes be more pressure than football 

7 hours ago, BearFan13 said:

You still would have had to stop GW on offense which Sabine literally couldn’t do all night. 

I’ll agree. We never challenged the receivers on 3rd or 4th down though. I wish @Golfingnuthad the stats for conversions on those downs. We practically gave yall 1st down playing so soft. We did a good enough job stopping the run imo. We weren’t ready for the passing game and didn’t change up much to try stopping it. 

Edit: The run game was worse than I thought. Over 250 yards isn't good. The 200+ through the air is what hurt us the most though. Still not taking anything away from you guys. Y’all brought it and we weren’t ready. 

32 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

I’ll agree. We never challenged the receivers on 3rd or 4th down though. I wish @Golfingnuthad the stats for conversions on those downs. We practically gave yall 1st down playing so soft. We did a good enough job stopping the run imo. We weren’t ready for the passing game and didn’t change up much to try stopping it. 

Edit: The run game was worse than I thought. Over 250 yards isn't good. The 200+ through the air is what hurt us the most though. Still not taking anything away from you guys. Y’all brought it and we weren’t ready. 

I think they were giving so much cushion because even with that cushion they were getting beat deep. Can’t play up and close if you get beat deep every time. I don’t think the difference in the two teams is as much as the scoreboard said. When y’all decided to touch that opening kick off that was rolling into the end zone I knew it was going to be a long night for you guys. Nobody wants to start their first drive of the game inside the 5 yard line. 

3 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

I think they were giving so much cushion because even with that cushion they were getting beat deep. Can’t play up and close if you get beat deep every time. I don’t think the difference in the two teams is as much as the scoreboard said. When y’all decided to touch that opening kick off that was rolling into the end zone I knew it was going to be a long night for you guys. Nobody wants to start their first drive of the game inside the 5 yard line. 

Yeah i knew we were doomed from that point. Before we knew it we were down 14-0. I’d rather you guys beat us with the long ball on 3rd or 4th and short instead of giving up an uncontested 5 yard pass. Y’alls qb was on the money on those short passes.

1 minute ago, Bclove05 said:

Yeah i knew we were doomed from that point. Before we knew it we were down 14-0. I’d rather you guys beat us with the long ball on 3rd or 4th and short instead of giving up an uncontested 5 yard pass. Y’alls qb was on the money on those short passes.

First one was a thing of beauty. Obviously into double coverage wasn’t the greatest call but he put the ball only where the reciever could get it and DJ’s wheels took over. That’s actually the first game our passing game has clicked like that other then when DJ was at QB in Atlanta. We also have been missing our number one reciever since then. That was DJ’s break out game at a new position, hopefully we can carry it over into the playoffs. 

If Sabine took the loss the right way then it could honestly push them to another level. I’m not willing to go that far yet because I have seen countless GW bear teams that are VERY talented severely underachieve because they put every bit of energy they had into “ribaldry” week with Gilmer. Then for weeks after that they’d be a shell of theirselves. Hyped up games like that can catapult a team or end a team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BearFan13 said:

First one was a thing of beauty. Obviously into double coverage wasn’t the greatest call but he put the ball only where the reciever could get it and DJ’s wheels took over. That’s actually the first game our passing game has clicked like that other then when DJ was at QB in Atlanta. We also have been missing our number one reciever since then. That was DJ’s break out game at a new position, hopefully we can carry it over into the playoffs. 

If Sabine took the loss the right way then it could honestly push them to another level. I’m not willing to go that far yet because I have seen countless GW bear teams that are VERY talented severely underachieve because they put every bit of energy they had into “ribaldry” week with Gilmer. Then for weeks after that they’d be a shell of theirselves. Hyped up games like that can catapult a team or end a team. 

That first one was. The second was probably the catch of the year imo.

I think we will be a different team than what showed up against White Oak. I wasn’t there but I’m not sure we were entirely focused. We scored on our opening drive, then had a pick 6 to make it 14-0 and then did nothing until the 4th when White Oak scored. 

That first one was. The second was probably the catch of the year imo.

I think we will be a different team than what showed up against White Oak. I wasn’t there but I’m not sure we were entirely focused. We scored on our opening drive, then had a pick 6 to make it 14-0 and then did nothing until the 4th when White Oak scored. 

That one handed catch!!! That was sick!!!

2 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

I wasnt at the game but from what I was being told if we weren't playing zone coverage we should have, if we were then we could not have slowed down the passing game. Coupled with turnovers this is a back breaker. You can't give a good team field position on the 40 or 50 every possession. We lost and I won't say we would have won but I will say it wouldn't have been so lopsided. Offensively  we need to get the ball to #7 and #80 more when they are wide open instead throwing to the same 2 receivers constantly and you know how I feel about the run game.