Sabine vs MV

Jeepster89

Mount Vernon vs Sabine playoffs rd 1   

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• MV
    • Sabine

2 hours ago, BearFan13 said:

🤣 I have to admit when he said “I wasn’t at the game but we should’ve done this and this” I had a good eye roll

i read that and almost fell out of my chair ........... a fan is not at the game and is telling what should have been done , must be players family member ! 

45 minutes ago, Atlrabs said:

i read that and almost fell out of my chair ........... a fan is not at the game and is telling what should have been done , must be players family member ! 

Not a family member but I do know a lot of the kids. I specifically said I wasn't there and that was my opinion. I never said anything about winning the game I said I thought it wouldn't be as lopsided as it was but since you can't express any opinion on here that goes against the norm I won't give another opinion until after this weekend. Good luck to all the kids this weekend.

16 minutes ago, Opie1 said:

Not a family member but I do know a lot of the kids. I specifically said I wasn't there and that was my opinion. I never said anything about winning the game I said I thought it wouldn't be as lopsided as it was but since you can't express any opinion on here that goes against the norm I won't give another opinion until after this weekend. Good luck to all the kids this weekend.

You’re saying it could’ve been less lopsided by offensive adjustments. How many drives did Sabine stop GW on defense????

I really don't see the difference in saying we've got it all figured out like I've seen posted for the entire season. Or the changes that should have been made early in y'alls season including the movement of players but I guess that's different. At least y'all got it all figured out. If somebody says anything y'all don't agree with you go after them just like me saying you were ranked to high at the beginning of the season(which you were). Again that was a opinion but it didn't fit y'alls wishes. I will be there Friday rooting for your kids to win because I like high school football and want to see all the kids do good no matter where there from or if they beat our butt. Like I said I won't give my opinion and sound like I'm coaching, I thought this is all about opinions but evidently it's only for certain opinions.

7 minutes ago, Opie1 said:

I really don't see the difference in saying we've got it all figured out like I've seen posted for the entire season. Or the changes that should have been made early in y'alls season including the movement of players but I guess that's different. At least y'all got it all figured out. If somebody says anything y'all don't agree with you go after them just like me saying you were ranked to high at the beginning of the season(which you were). Again that was a opinion but it didn't fit y'alls wishes. I will be there Friday rooting for your kids to win because I like high school football and want to see all the kids do good no matter where there from or if they beat our butt. Like I said I won't give my opinion and sound like I'm coaching, I thought this is all about opinions but evidently it's only for certain opinions.

well here is my opinion   .......i think 9-1 speaks to a great season , wish my team had that this year !     and i believe it you show up Friday in SS you will not be watching Sabine , that is who you watch , correct ............They play Saturday at 1 pm , i guess you are going friday to watch someone else play , have a great weekend OPIE ! 

Just now, Atlrabs said:

well here is my opinion   .......i think 9-1 speaks to a great season , wish my team had that this year !     and i believe it you show up Friday in SS you will not be watching Sabine , that is who you watch , correct ............They play Saturday at 1 pm , i guess you are going friday to watch someone else play , have a great weekend OPIE ! 

Think he is going to watch Gladewater tomorrow night. 

32 minutes ago, CoachCarright said:

Let’s be honest... you’re a daddy of a backup kid. No shame in it.  Don’t go after the coaches because your kid is a distant backup in both sports.  

Opinions should always be welcome, but agendas should get called out. 

I promise you I'm not a dad and I didn't mean to sound like I'm going after coaches. Our coaches got us to 9-1 which is our best season ever. I was just pointing out what I thought could be better simple as that. I wasn't bashing just passing along my opinion. Our coaches have done a great job and I hope that continues Saturday. I will take our coaches over any other group of coaches I'm just opinionated and was voicing that plain and simple. If coaches or whoever took it as bashing that's not what was meant and I apologize for that. I do think our coaches will have a good game plan in place for MV and our kids will execute that plan. I also think Coach Sharp will add some new wrinkles that will help us on our quest but if things dont go as planned i for sure wont say anything about it. Good luck to all the kids playing this week. I might come back next week and check in to see how things are going.

50 minutes ago, Atlrabs said:

Yes sir I'm going to watch GW Friday, I know a few of their kids that I like to watch. You have a good weekend as well.

9 hours ago, Opie1 said:

Who said we got it all figured out? I’ve seen some bear posters say we are trending in the right direction, but no one from GW has said hey Rhys “we have it all figured out” lol. Goodluck to you guys Saturday I’ll be there 

1 hour ago, BearFan13 said:

Who said we got it all figured out? I’ve seen some bear posters say we are trending in the right direction, but no one from GW has said hey Rhys “we have it all figured out” lol. Goodluck to you guys Saturday I’ll be there 

Good luck to y'all as well. I will be there hollering for yall.

2 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Getting Briles back to his usual kickoff time routine on Saturday lol. I kid I kid 

I don’t know who picked the day and time but I have a feeling the weather forecast played a factor in it given both of these teams need to be able to throw the ball with success to open up the run game. 

Best of luck to both teams and may the best team move on, although I'm hoping it's MV. 😁  Regardless of all the off the field drama that has taken place this year, when all said and done, it's about the kids that are on the field playing.  Especially the seniors, as for one team it will be their last high school football game.  The only control the kids have is how they perform and conduct themselves on the football field before, during, and after the game. Best of luck to all players, fans and anyone else involved! 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2019 at 5:22 AM, Bclove05 said:

I’ll agree. We never challenged the receivers on 3rd or 4th down though. I wish @Golfingnuthad the stats for conversions on those downs. We practically gave yall 1st down playing so soft. We did a good enough job stopping the run imo. We weren’t ready for the passing game and didn’t change up much to try stopping it. 

Edit: The run game was worse than I thought. Over 250 yards isn't good. The 200+ through the air is what hurt us the most though. Still not taking anything away from you guys. Y’all brought it and we weren’t ready. 

Sorry it took me so long. Been out of town.

Bears converted 7 of 10 on 3rd down & 2 of 3 on 4th down.

The conversions on 3rd down were 7 yards or less. Three 

were 3rd & 1. Five of the conversions were by the run & 2 through the air. None went for TD's.

The 2 conversions on 4th down were 4th & 8. Both were converted through the air and 1 was for an 11 yard TD. 

Good luck to the Cardinals tomorrow.

Hoping to get to come.