Winnsboro vs. Hooks

chevyman

3 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

In the GW/Winnsboro game, granted it wasn’t the same GW team that’s playing now, but any time Winny went backwards on first down (penalties/ tackles for loss) the drives would stall. When they stayed ahead of the chains they were tough to stop. When they got forced into passing situations......... no comment 

that is the trouble with those offenses. I am hoping that the size of our Dline will create a little bit of problems for those pulling linemen. they look really impressive though but we will have to create some negative plays for their offense to keep them from rolling down hill.

53 minutes ago, Cannon85 said:

that is the trouble with those offenses. I am hoping that the size of our Dline will create a little bit of problems for those pulling linemen. they look really impressive though but we will have to create some negative plays for their offense to keep them from rolling down hill.

The biggest compliment I can give Winny is those kids fight their butts off for their coach. He has things headed in the right direction and when kids actually believe in their coach and the scheme that they are trying to implement special things can happen. 

1 hour ago, Cannon85 said:

well ill write it out for you then homie.

Hooks 370 for, 215 against

Winny 325 for, 201 against

Would be interesting to see the difference in our points from last year to this year. For the most part we have been in every game this season relatively speaking so I look for much of the same this week if we play to our capability.

10 minutes ago, Endseeker83 said:

That's about as comparable as I had anticipated. Thanks!

8 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Would be interesting to see the difference in our points from last year to this year. For the most part we have been in every game this season relatively speaking so I look for much of the same this week if we play to our capability.

I agree with both of you. don't think either team is clear cut the favorites. Winny will have to limit our explosive plays, and we have to create negative plays to slow down the grind. I will say this for like the 4th time, and probably will a couple more before Friday evening, I think this will be a one possession game.

32 minutes ago, Cannon85 said:

I agree with both of you. don't think either team is clear cut the favorites. Winny will have to limit our explosive plays, and we have to create negative plays to slow down the grind. I will say this for like the 4th time, and probably will a couple more before Friday evening, I think this will be a one possession game.

Be willing to bet winny hopes your right and they have the ball with four min left in the game up by 1... Lol. 

4 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Be willing to bet winny hopes your right and they have the ball with four min left in the game up by 1... Lol. 

Yea that would be bad for ole h-town if that is the case..lol. I could beat traffic out of there though..haha

12 hours ago, BearFan13 said:

The biggest compliment I can give Winny is those kids fight their butts off for their coach. He has things headed in the right direction and when kids actually believe in their coach and the scheme that they are trying to implement special things can happen. 

The kids believe in the scheme because they had been whooped for the last 3 years by the same scheme from Finney in Mt Vernon 

Be aware of the special teams in this game, namely the kickoffs. Winny has show the hesitancy to kick the ball deep if the other team has any sort of a threat. It has worked out for the most part but I am a firm believer that if we are concerned with kicking it deep and revert to shorter kicks against Hooks then it will be very difficult to win. It is extremely difficult to give a good team a short field and expect the defense to hold up. Id rather see someone go 80 yds instead of only 50 yds. I also know we have been very successful on some onside kicks this year so don't be shocked to see some of those but all in all if I had my pick, id kick it deeper.

11 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Be aware of the special teams in this game, namely the kickoffs. Winny has show the hesitancy to kick the ball deep if the other team has any sort of a threat. It has worked out for the most part but I am a firm believer that if we are concerned with kicking it deep and revert to shorter kicks against Hooks then it will be very difficult to win. It is extremely difficult to give a good team a short field and expect the defense to hold up. Id rather see someone go 80 yds instead of only 50 yds. I also know we have been very successful on some onside kicks this year so don't be shocked to see some of those but all in all if I had my pick, id kick it deeper.

A successful sky kick should result in a good amount of fair catches at the 25-30 yard line.  

15 minutes ago, chevyman said:

watching film I am sure we will have our hands team on the field every time Winny kicks.

1 minute ago, DawgNation2015 said:

A successful sky kick should result in a good amount of fair catches at the 25-30 yard line.  

That's my preferred approach. I also think the first possession of the game could go a long ways in determining the outcome. Either a score first for Winny or stopping them first would be huge