6A DII Region II Bi-District: Temple at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (10-0) vs Temple Wildcats (8-2)  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Temple in a close one
    • Temple in a blow out

I really do see a decisive win for Longview.

The big mismatch here is Longview's O compared to Temple's D. Which is a major problem for Temple because Longview's main strength this year is a historic Lobo defense that is capable of shutting down any offense thrown at them. Temple will have to play keep up which I dont see happening.

I like Longview 49-7. Solid game from Meredith, nicely managed game from Haynes. I also see Longview scoring a non offensive TD in this one.

One game at a time, lets go get us another one Bos!

50 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

I'm convinced some people haven't actually watched Temple this season. 

I saw them against Harker Heights.

I have my opinions on how things are going to go, but we'll see.

I don't think 12-6A is very good, overall. And I do think 11-6A will show that on Friday.

Longview just needs to come to play their game, and they'll be fine. Lobos can not turn the ball over on Friday, for sure.

9 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I really do see a decisive win for Longview.

The big mismatch here is Longview's O compared to Temple's D. Which is a major problem for Temple because Longview's main strength this year is a historic Lobo defense that is capable of shutting down any offense thrown at them. Temple will have to play keep up which I dont see happening.

I like Longview 49-7. Solid game from Meredith, nicely managed game from Haynes. I also see Longview scoring a non offensive TD in this one.

One game at a time, lets go get us another one Bos!

I do think Longview wins but they not about to do Temple like that lol. I just don't want to hear any over looking them stories when this turns out to be a decent game. I'm probably the only one that has watched both teams live in person and I think Temple does some things on offense that could be advantageous come Friday. Those 1 on 1 with Polk will TDs against Temples Johnston. I think Longview will have to switch up coverage maybe a little more then they normally do. Just something to watch

3 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I saw them against Harker Heights.

I have my opinions on how things are going to go, but we'll see.

I don't think 12-6A is very good, overall. And I do think 11-6A will show that on Friday.

Longview just needs to come to play their game, and they'll be fine. Lobos can not turn the ball over on Friday, for sure.

Shoemaker is going to beat Mesquite I think. Midway is going to dog Tyler Lee. Longview should win and so should Rockwall but 11-6A ain't that much better then 12-6A from top to bottom 11-6A just has Longview that is just that much better then the rest. Other then that it's pretty much a wash.

6 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

Temples defense appears to give up some points against teams that have a pulse. I just think Longview will put up some points with ease.

But Temple offense is light years a head of Lufkin's unit considerably the offensive line. Lufkin managed 21. Temple is going to score points and the Longview faithful don't want to hear it but it's going to happen.

14 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Shoemaker is going to beat Mesquite I think. Midway is going to dog Tyler Lee. Longview should win and so should Rockwall but 11-6A ain't that much better then 12-6A from top to bottom 11-6A just has Longview that is just that much better then the rest. Other then that it's pretty much a wash.

lol. You're perception of our district is greatly skewed compared to y'all's.

Shoemaker struggling against Harker Heights tells me a lot. They won't be able to shut down McGill.

Midway might pull away in the second half, but they're going to dominate Lee like they did Temple.

Rockwall will absolutely murder Harker Heights. Smith will go off on them.

Longview against Temple has potential to be the best game if both teams go scoring crazy. But I truly believe you're basing what you've seen of us off that one Lufkin game to start the season, that should have been a two or three contest that we just let the Panthers hang around due to Haynes having a horrific off night.

If Haynes has an off night against Temple like he did early on in the year, then yes. It'll be a game, but this is his time of year. I fully believe he'll have one of his best games of the season, and if he doesn't, Kaden definitely will.

Just now, Gametyme said:

But Temple offense is light years a head of Lufkin's unit considerably the offensive line. Lufkin managed 21. Temple is going to score points and the Longview faithful don't want to hear it but it's going to happen.

Lufkin's scores...

1) First play of the game, on the first play of the season, on a trick play.

2) An ejection extended the drive (one that should've been targeting but should not have been an ejection as we later learned). Longview then picked a pass off in the end zone, only for another penalty to take that away. Then Polk made a catch after a Lobo defender stopped moving and jumped half a second early from once again intercepting it.

3) A fourth down pass went incomplete and over the head of the receiver out of bounds...only for the Lobos to be called for pass interference on a bogus, bogus call.

If you're hanging your hat on Temple scoring just because Lufkin was able to manage 21 points in the first game of the season, just lol....

• LOL! 1

Just now, LufkinPack said:

How’s he been doing? I meant to ask if he’s got any int’s this year 

That's him catching a pic against a 6'6 Rice commit in the photo. He's played extremely well this season considering he's still 14 years old. He's already getting looked at by Texas,Houston,TCU, and Boston College are the ones I know for sure are interested in him. Expecting a ton of offers this summer as he completes his summer circuit. Teams aren't really throwing his way. Temple doesn't have bad players on defense they have extremely talented kids they're just all 14 and 15. 

2 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Lufkin's scores...

1) First play of the game, on the first play of the season, on a trick play.

2) An ejection extended the drive (one that should've been targeting but should not have been an ejection as we later learned). Longview then picked a pass off in the end zone, only for another penalty to take that away. Then Polk made a catch after a Lobo defender stopped moving and jumped half a second early from once again intercepting it.

3) A fourth down pass went incomplete and over the head of the receiver out of bounds...only for the Lobos to be called for pass interference on a bogus, bogus call.

If you're hanging your hat on Temple scoring just because Lufkin was able to manage 21 points in the first game of the season, just lol....

Lufkin offense had success outside the offensive line that was completely out matched. That's not going to be the case Friday night. Those 1 on 1 that you guys were giving Polk are going to be TDs against Johnston if they play him like that. You guys are really dismissing a pretty good team.

8 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

lol. You're perception of our district is greatly skewed compared to y'all's.

Shoemaker struggling against Harker Heights tells me a lot. They won't be able to shut down McGill.

Midway might pull away in the second half, but they're going to dominate Lee like they did Temple.

Rockwall will absolutely murder Harker Heights. Smith will go off on them.

Longview against Temple has potential to be the best game if both teams go scoring crazy. But I truly believe you're basing what you've seen of us off that one Lufkin game to start the season, that should have been a two or three contest that we just let the Panthers hang around due to Haynes having a horrific off night.

If Haynes has an off night against Temple like he did early on in the year, then yes. It'll be a game, but this is his time of year. I fully believe he'll have one of his best games of the season, and if he doesn't, Kaden definitely will.

I think your perception of your district is skewed lol. Midway got more lucky then anything vs Temple. Willis was just coming back from a knee injury and 6 turnovers sunk the Wildcats. They were moving the ball up and down the field and boom turn over all night. If they don't implode on themselves Friday they will make it a game.

8 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

That's him catching a pic against a 6'6 Rice commit in the photo. He's played extremely well this season considering he's still 14 years old. He's already getting looked at by Texas,Houston,TCU, and Boston College are the ones I know for sure are interested in him. Expecting a ton of offers this summer as he completes his summer circuit. Teams aren't really throwing his way. Temple doesn't have bad players on defense they have extremely talented kids they're just all 14 and 15. 

That’s awesome. Congrats, that must be very exciting as a father. 

2 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

You guys are really dismissing a pretty good team.

No one is "dismissing" anyone. But y'all have also not beaten a single team that most around the state would consider that good.

Cedar Ridge and Waco Midway are both way down this year, and you lost to both. Shoemaker you could throw out there if you want, but they themselves haven't proven anything other than that they're better than their 1-9 team from the previous year.

I don't have a high opinion on any of the Killeen schools, including Belton or Cove. I'll give you that. But Temple is a solid team, that has a chance to prove they're better than good on Friday.

I think you're also underselling how good our defense is because you're basing what you've seen of us against Lufkin.