6A DII Region II Bi-District: Temple at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (10-0) vs Temple Wildcats (8-2)  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Temple in a close one
    • Temple in a blow out

Look....I’m not going back and forth about week 1. I really don’t care. Lufkin could’ve  won too. Just don’t get why credit is only given to one side. But again, don’t care. 

Honestly, there were only two bad calls in that game. The pass interference on LV and the holding call on Lufkin after the int. You can’t act like Lufkin was helped out by calls when we scored, but not acknowledge the huge so-called holding call against us when we got the int on the last drive. And I’ll leave it at that because we have Thigh this week

1 minute ago, LoboFan07 said:

Lufkin had their chance at kicking a field goal, but instead got stopped on 4th and goal the previous drive. They also still had a over 2 minutes to move the ball again, only to turn it over on downs.

Nothing tells me that Lufkin would've won after the way our defense shut down the Lufkin offense on those final two drives.

But at the end of the day, this Longview team is not the same team you saw play in Lufkin. And nothing that happened against Lufkin will matter when we take on Temple...

I just think it's convenient that everything that went wrong was completely Longview botching it. 

2 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Look....I’m not going back and forth about week 1. I really don’t care. Lufkin could’ve  won too. Just don’t get why credit is only given to one side. But again, don’t care. 

Honestly, there were only two bad calls in that game. The pass interference on LV and the holding call on Lufkin after the int. You can’t act like Lufkin was helped out by calls when we scored, but not acknowledge the huge so-called holding call against us when we got the int on the last drive. And I’ll leave it at that because we have Thigh this week

We gotta kill time somehow. I don't see any Texas High posters lol.

• LOL! 2

2 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

I just think it's convenient that everything that went wrong was completely Longview botching it. 

Never said that. I said there were things that extended the drive.

You're the one over here saying if Lufkin can score 21 on us, then Temple will definitely score more than that.

It was a game three months ago. Against a completely different team, in a stadium we have beyond struggled winning in.

Nothing that has happened in our last nine games tells me Temple will be able to dominate our defense.

7 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Never said that. I said there were things that extended the drive.

You're the one over here saying if Lufkin can score 21 on us, then Temple will definitely score more than that.

It was a game three months ago. Against a completely different team, in a stadium we have beyond struggle winning in.

Nothing that has happened in our last nine games tells me Temple will be able to dominate our defense.

I'm only using a reference from the games I've seen live vs a common opponent. That's what fans do. I saw some things Lufkin did that was successful with a terrible line that I think Temple can do better with a good line. All these +35 and +42 predictions is just ignorance. I'd be willing to wager via cash app 100 bucks if any want to give me Temple +35 ? 

• Like 1

If Midway can win by 24, with the way they've played this season, and had a 31-0 lead at one point, I don't think it's that out of the realm of possibilities that Longview could also do the same with a better team if they come to play.

Do I think it'll ever be 31-0? Of course not...but you act as if this is such a disrespectful idea when it literally happened two weeks ago against a lesser team.

14 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

We left a lot of points on the field that night, were called for some stuff defensively and not all of it was on Longview.

Passing in the redzone instead of running it was on us. We also muffed a punt that would have given us another offensive possession, also on us.

But there were other opportunities that were nullified by god knows what. We would've scored right before half if not for yet another flag lol

CJ Hopkins smoked his defender on an out and up right before the half. Haynes hits em right on the money. And by no surprise, here comes the ref with his yellow hanky. Right on que.

Anything we did big in that game was negated by something, heck even the long punt return we had...called it back.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Lufkin had their chance at kicking a field goal, but instead got stopped on 4th and goal the previous drive. They also still had a over 2 minutes to move the ball again, only to turn it over on downs.

Nothing tells me that Lufkin would've won after the way our defense shut down the Lufkin offense on those final two drives.

But at the end of the day, this Longview team is not the same team you saw play in Lufkin. And nothing that happened against Lufkin will matter when we take on Temple...

I’ll say this, and then I’ll be done lol. Again the Lobo defense was great that night, but Reggie dropped a wide open pass on that last Lufkin drive on 4th down when we got the ball back. Who knows what would’ve happened if he actually made that catch or if the bogus holding call never happened and the Lufkin team started in Lobo territory. And like you said before, Lobo fans feel they should’ve won by more. Missed opportunities on both sides. I just wish we were given more credit for what i offense was able to do against a more experienced Lobo defense, and what many was calling before the game the best front 7 y’all have had there in a long time. 

2 minutes ago, ANTI said:

We left a lot of points on the field that night, and not all of it was on Longview.

Passing in the redzone instead of running it was on us. We also muffed a punt that would have given us another offensive possession, also on us.

But there were other opportunities that nullified by god knows what. We would've scored right before half if not for yet another flag lol

CJ Hopkins smoked his defender on an out and up right before the half. Haynes hits em right on the money. And by no surprise, here comes the ref with his yellow hanky. Right on que.

Anything we did big in that game was negated by something, heck even the long punt return we had...

Longview wasn't exactly running the ball with success. Meridith was held in check 75 yards with a long of 12. Haynes the RB got loose one time a 49 yarder outside that your longest run was on a Haynes King fake punt. Longview wasn't throwing for the heck of it they had to because Lufkin was stuffing the run all night. 

5 minutes ago, ANTI said:

We left a lot of points on the field that night, were called for some stuff defensively and not all of it was on Longview.

But there were other opportunities that were nullified by god knows what. We would've scored right before half if not for yet another flag lol

Anything we did big in that game was negated by something, heck even the long punt return we had...called it back.

They were called for a reason...or maybe the refs had something against Longview that day. I wish they remembered that before the holding call 

1 minute ago, Pack007 said:

They were called for a reason...or maybe the refs had something against Longview that day. I wish they remembered that before the holding call 

Lol.... The whole world is out to get Longview. They are the only high school football team in this state that has bad calls go against them. Poor lobos 

10 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

I’ll say this, and then I’ll be done lol. Again the Lobo defense was great that night, but Reggie dropped a wide open pass on that last Lufkin drive on 4th down when we got the ball back. Who knows what would’ve happened if he actually made that catch or if the bogus holding call never happened and the Lufkin team started in Lobo territory. And like you said before, Lobo fans feel they should’ve won by more. Missed opportunities on both sides. I just wish we were given more credit for what i offense was able to do against a more experienced Lobo defense, and what many was calling before the game the best front 7 y’all have had there in a long time. 

I can’t with y’all. You say you don’t care, yet you keep coming back.

Lufkin’s offense was completely shut down apart for two separate drives. Impressive drives, and an impressive long pass, but still. Both teams had a ton of mistakes that day.

What happens if Webb doesn’t fumble the punt right after we hold y’all to a three and out? What happens if we aren’t offsides on the interception? What happens if Haynes takes the sack and we get 3? What happens if Haynes lofts the pass instead of trying to hammer it in there? If all that happens, that’s a 31-7 what if scenario right there. 

End of the day, a non district game three and a half months ago does not matter. Longview won an extremely tough game against a talented Lufkin team in an environment we have two wins in 20 years in.

What that has to do with this year’s bi district game I have no idea, other than Longview has proven it can beat good teams in tough situations while Temple hasn’t.

12 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Longview wasn't exactly running the ball with success. Meridith was held in check 75 yards with a long of 12. Haynes the RB got loose one time a 49 yarder outside that your longest run was on a Haynes King fake punt. Longview wasn't throwing for the heck of it they had to because Lufkin was stuffing the run all night. 

And I give LP credit for good front 7 play that night.

But not sure what other credit you are wanting. 

Honestly, I would hardly ever use LV-LP matchup to guage how good or successful either team will be down the road due to the nature of the rivalry.

11 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

First game for almost our entire new line, and Lufkin took advantage of that, no doubt. 

Our most improved group since that game is undoubtedly our offensive line. 

Still not as good as last year, but can’t expect that type of like to happen every season.

12 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

If Midway can win by 24, with the way they've played this season, and had a 31-0 lead at one point, I don't think it's that out of the realm of possibilities that Longview could also do the same with a better team if they come to play.

Do I think it'll ever be 31-0? Of course not...but you act as if this is such a disrespectful idea when it literally happened two weeks ago against a lesser team.

Somebody predicted 49-7 I'm sorry that's ignorance. After trailing 31-0 Temple outscored them 28 to 21. They were about to cut it 10-7 then you had the 92 yard scoop and score. Then at 17-0 they intercepted a pass and fumbled it right back after a good return. Temple just can't come out and turn the ball over or it will get ugly but I can't see them loosing by 40. I can see 2 to 3 TDs but I think Temple will show some kind of pulse especially having hear all week you don't have a chance.

I disagree. Completely Shutdown other than two drives is what i watched y’all do to John Tyler. That’s not true for the Lufkin game. We moved the ball more than the two times you’re giving us credit for. Those are just the only ones you remember. Like i said, both teams could bring up a lot of “what ifs”. Not going there. I just wanted to mention Reggie dropping the wide open pass on 4th down because you said we had no chance the last two drives because the lobo defense shut us down, which wasn’t accurate. Reggie was open is all i was saying...which  is why i came back 

4 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

First game for almost our entire new line, and Lufkin took advantage of that, no doubt. 

Our most improved group since that game is undoubtedly our offensive line. 

Still not as good as last year, but can’t expect that type of like to happen every season.

Fair points. Atleast somebody line improving

7 minutes ago, ANTI said:

And I give LP credit for good front 7 play that night.

But not sure what other credit you are wanting. 

Honestly, I would hardly ever use LV-LP matchup to guage how good or successful either team will be down the road due to the nature of the rivalry.

That's a fair point. Rivalry games you can usually throw records out the window.

4 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

I disagree. Completely Shutdown other than two drives is what i watched y’all do to John Tyler. That’s not true for the Lufkin game. We moved the ball more than the two times you’re giving us credit for. Those are just the only ones you remember. Like i said, both teams could bring up a lot of “what ifs”. Not going there. I just wanted to mention Reggie dropping the wide open pass on 4th down because you said we had no chance the last two drives because the lobo defense shut us down, which wasn’t accurate. Reggie was open is all i was saying...which  is why i came back 

Was it Reggie that dropped it ? I remember he got knocked from the game on the targeting. I know Polk went out too. I guess it doesn't really matter now lol

8 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Was it Reggie that dropped it ? I remember he got knocked from the game on the targeting. I know Polk went out too. I guess it doesn't really matter now lol

It was definitely Reggie. The kid is a heck of a ball player, but he has dropped several passes this year. 

11 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

It was definitely Reggie. The kid is a heck of a ball player, but he has dropped several passes this year. 

Let's us not even get started on whose wide receiver has dropped more balls this year. Lmao! That award unequivocally goes to our's. No need to even mention his name anymore. I did see in the Mesquite game highlights just uploaded on YouTube where he was barking at his opposing corner well after the play was over with as the referees had to quickly intervene. This young man clearly has issues this year.