6A DII Region II Bi-District: Temple at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (10-0) vs Temple Wildcats (8-2)  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Temple in a close one
    • Temple in a blow out

5 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Temple is for sure to go 6A next year. And as much as I know Brook is high on his Wildcats the next two years, there's going to be some extremely good teams they will have to face if they do hope to get to state.

We're not the team we were last year, that Temple avoided. But we're still a very good team. That said, I think Vandy is about to take over Region II, if they stay there. They have some extremely, extremely impressive squads coming up.

I thought y’all were playing them in the regular season next year? In Dallas or something. 

And its hard to fully compare Temple to anyone we have played this year schematically on the offensive end.

I see people bringing up LP but they have a little more creativity than the Panthers. Then there's Rockwall but Temple tends to have more presnap motions than Rockwall.

Heath comes to mind. Maybe more so than Rockwall. Remember Stewart worked under Spradlin when Spradlin was at Temple.

Luckily Longview runs dang near every offense in the book so maybe our defense will have no problem recognizing certain schemes.

Just now, ANTI said:

Luckily Longview runs dang near every offense in the book so maybe our defense will have no problem recognizing certain schemes.

I think this is on point...I think it will take time to adjust which may mean a couple scores for them but if the defense zeros in then No offense but the game is over....

Defensively I fully expect them to run an even man front, no less than 7 in the box to try and take the run away from us and force us to pass. Nothing we haven't seen this year already but like GT said earlier in the thread, if the wideouts are catching...whew.

8 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

I thought y’all were playing them in the regular season next year? In Dallas or something.

He said this would be the best team his group would play in their HS career. I was disagreeing that we'll be the best with the teams that they'll have to face in the 6A playoffs the next two years.

1 minute ago, LoboFan07 said:

He said this would be the best team his group would play in their HS career. I was disagreeing that we'll be the best with the teams that they'll have to face in the 6A playoffs the next two years.

I still believe this Longview team will be better than the Vandy and even Westfield teams they can play if they go D2 again. Not sure about Region 1 with Guyer and etc. But you have to worry about so much from Longview. I kinda agree with him. But y’all are high on Vandy every year, so maybe I’m wrong about them. 

Just now, kingwolf said:

Well...enough worrying about Temple for now...

Nothing to worry about my friend.

They have a good team, but we have one as well.

Just enjoy the journey! This 26-game winning streak is something I never thought we'd see at Longview. Couldn't be happier to be a Lobo right now.

If the worst happens Friday, well I'm sure we'll have a lot of words to say following it. But not gonna worry about them until Friday game time. Our boys will be ready to play, and I know that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

I still believe this Longview team will be better than the Vandy and even Westfield teams they can play if they go D2 again. Not sure about Region 1 with Guyer and etc. But you have to worry about so much from Longview. I kinda agree with him. But y’all are high on Vandy every year, so maybe I’m wrong about them. 

It's probably just my after taste of those Lake Travis, Pflugerville and Westlake losses.

I always just expect us to struggle against Austin schools.

For what it's worth, I'm not as high on Vandy this season as I was last year (or next year).

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Considering they will be so young. I can't see how this won't be there greatest challenge. Longview is pretty dang good. Maybe they face a better team down the road but they will be older and better prepared because of this. I need you guys to show up with the fumbles Friday lol.

58 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Defensively I fully expect them to run an even man front, no less than 7 in the box to try and take the run away from us and force us to pass. Nothing we haven't seen this year already but like GT said earlier in the thread, if the wideouts are catching...whew.

Will we see the freshman Hale ?

7 hours ago, Quick said:

You know what!? You were right all along. I don't know what in the hell my problem is. I have proposed my own theoretical non-district slate for my Longview Lobos LOGISTICALLY, you know. I mean, as you stated before we have quality teams around here in our own backyard. So let's see:

Union Grove @ Longview 
Longview @ Harmony
Elysian Fields @ Longview
Beckville @ Longview 
Longview @ Liberty-Eylau *(GOTW)*

Why you always duckin' Sprang Heel. You know those Panthers will open a can.   :woot:

• LOL! 2

3 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Lol to his credit I had to go back and see if you were the one that brought up Spring Hill. It almost went over my head 😂

It's best to assume that everything I post is sarcastic...  because it is. Including this post.   :D 

• LOL! 4

1 hour ago, Champ1000 said:

8-2 and the 4th seed? Did temple come from a difficult District? Go undefeated or something and lose down the road

6A still splits post regular season, so you can have the top 2 teams in one division, while the bottom two go another. That's what happened here. Temple technically won a share of the district title, but they lost to Midway, so for seeding purposes they are #2.

• Thanks 1