6A DII Region II Bi-District: Temple at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (10-0) vs Temple Wildcats (8-2)  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Temple in a close one
    • Temple in a blow out

2 hours ago, Gametyme said:

That's awesome. Bobby Taylor a little before my time but I have heard about him. Hoping for some freshman on freshman action Friday night. Kids may end up being teammates one day 

I graduated 2 years after Bobby...he was the best all around athlete I have seen at Longview...his talent on the court was just nuts...wish he would have been used differently on the field...

3 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

I graduated 2 years after Bobby...he was the best all around athlete I have seen at Longview...his talent on the court was just nuts...wish he would have been used differently on the field...

Which is crazy to think about because I've seen some pretty good ones. Talley,McGee, Armstrong, Byrdsong, Freaking Hasty who I think is still scoring TDs on us. Howard was a stud at LB. 

3 hours ago, gtee2 said:

He's better in hoops...but yea ifvyou know Bobby Taylor history at Longview...he's taking that route. I believe he will be the best athlete in football basketball and track by the end of his sophomore year. He will go varsity everythg this year which is mind blowing

Lot of middle school all-Americans. Need to tap the brakes before comparing a kid to Bobby Taylor who most of you Longview boys say is the best athlete to ever come our of there...

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1

28 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Which is crazy to think about because I've seen some pretty good ones. Talley,McGee, Armstrong, Byrdsong, Freaking Hasty who I think is still scoring TDs on us. Howard was a stud at LB. 

It is...I have some pretty good memories following him all the way when he went pro...his battles with Michael Irvin were epic at times

10 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

It is...I have some pretty good memories following him all the way when he went pro...his battles with Michael Irvin were epic at times

I can remember him with the eagles vaguely. I think it was the eagles almost positive. I can't remember anything football pre 1994. After that I'm a steel trap for the most part.

30 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Lot of middle school all-Americans. Need to tap the brakes before comparing a kid to Bobby Taylor who most of you Longview boys say is the best athlete to ever come our of there...

I think when you see freshman at this level producing it's more then middle school now. He doesn't have much on Hudl but he looks smooth and can high point the ball. Nothing wrong with projecting potential. They not saying he's going to have the pro career Taylor had but they obviously have seen enough Lobo football to assume the kid has potential to be all-time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gametyme said:

Btw I called Haynes being a FBS QB when I saw him at SFA his sophomore year by just watching him in warm-ups. Then confirmed it with his play that day. He had the measurable's and the arm talent. I didn't think he would reach #1 dual threat status but not surprised but certainly knew he would play power 5 somewhere.

Man, Haynes has always had it. I knew he would be something by just watching him toss balls on the sidelines as a youngin. Seeing him light it up in pads at Foster MS was a plus.

1 hour ago, eagle34 said:

You probably haven't even seen him lol

The first and only 9th grader to ever be moved up on a Longview varsity in the John King era....and a long time before that.

That in itself says everything. And its not like Longview was short of depth at WR.

They already had Kearbey, Moore, Hopkins, JD, Phil Wash. Jalen Hale was just that good.

He will be WR1 next year. Honestly good enough to start at safety next year too but we almost never let someone go both ways. Too much depth but he is good enough to do so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eagle34 said:

Just Keep watching him they said no freshman would move to varsity and play and he has and is in rotation with 3 tds this year and would have alot more if the ball was threw to him more and could play safety or corner easily. 

20 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Man, Haynes has always had it. I knew he would be something by just watching him toss balls on the sidelines as a youngin. Seeing him light it up in pads at Foster MS was a plus.

Yeah and all Coach Quick gave us was a punter lol a good one though.

3 minutes ago, Halerazer99 said:

Just Keep watching him they said no freshman would move to varsity and play and he has and is in rotation with 3 tds this year and would have alot more if the ball was threw to him more and could play safety or corner easily. 

The kid has "IT". Unfortunately for Lufkin we going to have to deal with that for 3 more years. We don't have any freshman like that. Got some good ones but not like that.

18 minutes ago, AKA said:

Hale is the truth. I'm not big on hyping youngsters, but the kid is legit. 

The Landyn Grant-Jalen Hale connection will be talked about for years to come.

For now, lets enjoy HK for the next few weeks that we have em. Been a fun ride with this dude, and probably the most decorated Lobo ever with all of the accolades.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, ANTI said:

Btw... Hale, Phil Wash, Haynes, Malik Henry. Lobo basketball should be decent this year eh?

Still think its real hard to keep up with the big city when it comes to basketball but, should be the best Lobo basketball team in a min.

Man I been so disappointed with Lobo basketball every since lil Toby and Keithan Stewart class left...I really don't keep up with it. But Philip can go with the best of them

2 hours ago, kingwolf said:

His resume in athletics at Longview high is damn near untouchable. All american in football...state champ in hoops...state champ in track...just the best athlete ever at Longview. But Hale I believe is gonna challenge all of that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TrenchMob said:

Ducking Carthage, Kilgore, Henderson, and Gilmer!!!! 😂

No need in trying to create a gauntlet for our guys. Why are y'all trying to force me to load our non-district up with those behemoths. This is about Logistics and I finally see the light. Y'all need to come with me.

light.gif

• LOL! 2

6 hours ago, Gametyme said:

That's awesome. Bobby Taylor a little before my time but I have heard about him. Hoping for some freshman on freshman action Friday night. Kids may end up being teammates one day 

SO.......... You said you are going to go ahead and transfer him to Longview??? Maaaaan....... I am really looking forward to that duo, then. He would look good in Hunter Green. He just can't wear #7, though.