6A DII Region II Bi-District: Temple at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (10-0) vs Temple Wildcats (8-2)  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Temple in a close one
    • Temple in a blow out

11 hours ago, Quick said:

SO.......... You said you are going to go ahead and transfer him to Longview??? Maaaaan....... I am really looking forward to that duo, then. He would look good in Hunter Green. He just can't wear #7, though. 

I was more along the lines of thinking they both go play for the Longhorns lol but maybe we can work out a neutral site location where they both go play for Lufkin ? Sounds fair.

2 hours ago, LoboUp95 said:

This is probably the most intriguing round 1 matchup since I've been watching longview back in 07. I can't remember a better round 1 matchup. LoboFan07 what do you think? 

Intriguing? Sure.

There was a lot of hype around the 2017 West Brook game, but probably because of the previous year's loss to them.

2014 Lufkin no doubt had a lot of build up around it, but I don't think many Lufkin fans thought it'd be close.

1 hour ago, Gametyme said:

I was more along the lines of thinking they both go play for the Longhorns lol but maybe we can work out a neutral site location where they both go play for Lufkin ? Sounds fair.

That's a BIG HELL NAW to both of those programs. I was thinking more of the lines of BOOMER SOONER and that Lobo Uniform. Act right, GameTyme.

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Intriguing? Sure.

There was a lot of hype around the 2017 West Brook game, but probably because of the previous year's loss to them.

2014 Lufkin no doubt had a lot of build up around it, but I don't think many Lufkin fans thought it'd be close.

And that was actually a pretty tough game for a while. Wanting to say it was tied/within a TD late in the 3rd quarter. The whole "4 teams make the playoffs" idea killed a lot of the idea of a good first round matchup because we're using facing the 3rd or 4th best team of another district. Also the issue of us winning district every year, so we're not the 3rd place team having to face another district's first-placed team like we did in 2002. 

37 minutes ago, Quick said:

That's a BIG HELL NAW to both of those programs. I was thinking more of the lines of BOOMER SOONER and that Lobo Uniform. Act right, GameTyme.

I'll pass out on signing day if he puts on the OU hat lol. Honestly I'll support him wherever he decides to go. He's also played a lot of high level select baseball. He missed all last baseball season recovering from a broken wrist. He's not sure if he wants to go all in on football or get back to playing baseball in the spring. I had a coach that's sent kids to A&M and Texas tell me he's a 5 tool kid with major college baseball talent. Temple doesn't have much of a baseball program though. I'm for whatever makes him happy. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

And that was actually a pretty tough game for a while. Wanting to say it was tied/within a TD late in the 3rd quarter. The whole "4 teams make the playoffs" idea killed a lot of the idea of a good first round matchup because we're using facing the 3rd or 4th best team of another district. Also the issue of us winning district every year, so we're not the 3rd place team having to face another district's first-placed team like we did in 2002. 

As soon as Kordell didn't come out in the 2nd half. I knew out fate was sealed.

38 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I would even say throw our second round games in there as well the last couple of years.

2012 and 2013 we had Rowlett. First game we struggled until after halftime, second game we dominated most the way.

2014 and 2015 we had Mansfield ISD games which were good games.

2016 failed to make it.

2017 and 2018 we had Jesuit then Prosper, which were over before halftime, though that Prosper game was a lot of fun just having our crowd in that place.

Meh, we play who gets put in front of us. Nothing we can do, unlike West Brook over there throwing games to go an easier route.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

3 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I would even say throw our second round games in there as well the last couple of years.

2012 and 2013 we had Rowlett. First game we struggled until after halftime, second game we dominated most the way.

2016 failed to make it.

2017 and 2018 we had Jesuit then Prosper, which were over before halftime, though that Prosper game was a lot of fun just having our crowd in that place.

Meh, we play who gets put in front of us. Nothing we can do, unlike West Brook over there throwing games to go an easier route.

I don't blame Westbrook. Post season clinched. Rest your players. Give the kids a chance to win a title. They know they had nothing for Northshore. I say that because if they loose a kid in a meaningless game then everybody is like ###. 

2 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

I don't blame Westbrook. Post season clinched. Rest your players. Give the kids a chance to win a title. They know they had nothing for Northshore. I say that because if they loose a kid in a meaningless game then everybody is like ###. 

Meh. I say you play to win. Ask Temple how that went last year (and no matter what Wildcat fans say, they threw that game against Cove). Either way, karma comes back around.

I don't think they make it to State.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

I know this is a little off topic but we have pretty much covered everything for the game. Do you guys think Alabama is going to back into the post season or do you favor 1 loss Oregon or 1 loss Oklahoma ? Assuming LSU beats Georgia and Bama can beat Auburn.

Bama the better option and best one loss right now. 

14 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Meh. I say you play to win. Ask Temple how that went last year (and no matter what Wildcat fans say, they threw that game against Cove). Either way, karma comes back around.

Odds of both teams making it back are slim. Did they lose anyone ? Longview basically returned everyone. 

6 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

But had they got to the 4th round and beat you guys on a neutral field he's a genius and same if WB can manage to get back. I agree I don't think they do and it definitely blew up in Temple face so you do end up being donkey of the day lol. I have a little inside knowledge on that whole situation being semi-close with the Temple program. It was more about getting a home playoff game and getting the Lobos on a neutral field to put yourself in a more advantageous position. Which I really can't blame them for that.

I know if's were fiths we'd all be drunk lol.

27 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

2016 failed to make it.

I don't necessarily FAULT West Brook for throwing games to get an easier route. You put yourself in a position to do well. 

Now, I wouldn't do it, ever. And I doubt Coach King would ever do anything like that. He's got too much pride to do that. He's ALWAYS said, "We will face any team, anywhere." 

39 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Odds of both teams making it back are slim. Did they lose anyone ? Longview basically returned everyone. 

Longview did NOT basically return everyone.

The 2018 team had over 40 Seniors that Graduated with far more starters to replace than what returned.

Yes, HK is the "headliner" along with three other offensive starters & the defense brought back essentially five players that translated into what could be termed as starters.

FWIW, Longview even as the Class 6A D-II State Titleist, was generally disrespected by the Preseason pollsters with a Top 10 ranking at #6 when IF what you're stating is to be the "end-all be-all" as "basically having everyone back" then the Lobos SHOULD have been  ranked #2 at the beginning...yet they weren't.

Quite frankly, their current #4 is still a sign of disrespect by the State's "biased" pollsters...imo !

5 minutes ago, RandyJohnson said:

The 2018 team had over 40 Seniors that Graduated with far more starters to replace than what returned.

Yes, HK is the "headliner" along with three other offensive starters & the defense brought back essentially five players that translated into what could be termed as starters.

FWIW, Longview even as the Class 6A D-II State Titleist, was generally disrespected by the Preseason pollsters with a Top 10 ranking at #6 when IF what you're stating is to be the "end-all be-all" as "basically having everyone back" then the Lobos SHOULD have been  ranked #2 at the beginning...yet they weren't.

Quite frankly, their current #4 is still a sign of disrespect by the State's "know nothing" pollsters...imo !

Come on, man. Lion posts what he thinks sounds smart, whether it's true or not. 

I guess that's better than his embarrassing weekly "Longview won't win come playoff time" spiel that he used to post. 

• LOL! 4

14 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Come on, man. Lion posts what he thinks sounds smart, whether it's true or not. 

I guess that's better than his embarrassing weekly "Longview won't win come playoff time" spiel that he used to post. 

Come on man...who's this "Lion" you're speaking of ?

I quoted "Champ1000" ? 

Is it yet another poster that changed his name ? Ha ! (I know...I know whom he is).

Anyways...my sarcasm detector  is turned on to "full blast". 

Be that as it may... Longview is "arguably" the  hottest program in the State of Texas in either Division of Class 6A with the current 26 game winning streak AND now having won 36 of their last 37 games...so I suppose anyone could say they have literally returned EVERYONE and it appear that they're making a salient point...ok ?!?

51 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Returned everyone??? Not even close. We are practically playing with a brand new offensive line just for starters.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, RandyJohnson said:

Quite frankly, their current #4 is still a sign of disrespect by the State's "biased" pollsters...imo !

I meant most . Lot of the skill players returned. I didn't mean that as a jab but a fact. Longview was in prime postion to repeat. Having the QB which is very good is half the battle. The big guys in the trenches is next . 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Champ1000 said:

I meant most . Lot of the skill players returned. I didn't mean that as a jab but a fact. Longview was in prime postion to repeat. Having the QB which is very good is half the battle. The big guys in the trenches is next . 

10-4.

1 minute ago, Quick said:

Returned everyone??? Not even close. We are practically playing with a brand new offensive line just for starters.

Mainly skill players but pretty much the favorites in D2. I hope you guys win . I will be rooting for Longview along the way.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, RandyJohnson said:

It's a poll. Who cares?

Longview has done plenty of talking on the field, and will continue to do so.