6A DII Region II Bi-District: Temple at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (10-0) vs Temple Wildcats (8-2)  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Temple in a close one
    • Temple in a blow out

15 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Come on, man. Lion posts what he thinks sounds smart, whether it's true or not. 

I guess that's better than his embarrassing weekly "Longview won't win come playoff time" spiel that he used to post. 

You can think what you want doesn't bother me one bit. As for Longview I hope for continued success from years to come.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RandyJohnson said:

Come on man...who's this "Lion" you're speaking of ?

I quoted "Champ1000" ? 

Is it yet another poster that changed his name ? Ha ! (I know...I know whom he is).

Anyways...my sarcasm detector  is turned on to "full blast". 

Be that as it may... Longview is "arguably" the  hottest program in the State of Texas in either Division of Class 6A with the current 26 game winning streak AND now having won 36 of their last 37 games...so I suppose anyone could say they have literally returned EVERYONE and it appear that they're making a salient point...ok ?!?

Haha yeah. The 36 for 37 is insane. Hope I can make it up for the game tomorrow and we'll chat. 

Have you seen the 1937 state championship DVD? 

• Thanks 1

Just now, LoboFan07 said:

It's a poll. Who cares?

Longview has done plenty of talking on the field, and will continue to do so.

Then WHY BOTHER even having one...huh ?

As IF you don't care...please ??

Yes...I totally agree that the Lobos are proving it on the field !

2 minutes ago, RandyJohnson said:

We shouldn't have polls in HS football, to be honest. Playoff spots are determined by wins and losses on the field. And from there, the wins/losses determines who move on to advance. Polls are pretty irrelevant. 

Yes, it's nice to be recognized and respected as a program. It's even nicer to prove the naysayers wrong. 

Do you remember 2002 when the DFW media disrespected Longview even after the Evangel win? And even moreso when we lost to Lee/Lufkin? It was SO sweet knocking off 10-0 Garland and 11-0 Dallas Carter, partially BECAUSE of the disrespect. 

2 minutes ago, RandyJohnson said:

Because it's a piece for the media to talk about. It sells subscriptions.

And I literally just said I don't care. You seem to care significantly about it, talking as if we're being disrespected.

"Please"

Not a single person will remember where we were ranked come May if we lose in round 1, or win in round 6. It doesn't change a single thing on the field, it doesn't change a thing in the playoff bracket. So no, again I will repeat myself again, they do not matter. But if you want to go watch some Louisiana football, then go right ahead cause there it actually matters.

• LOL! 1

3 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Because it's a piece for the media to talk about. It sells subscriptions.

And I literally just said I don't care. You seem to care significantly about it, talking as if we're being disrespected.

"Please"

Not a single person will remember where we were ranked come May if we lose in round 1, or win in round 6. It doesn't change a single thing on the field, it doesn't change a thing in the playoff bracket. So no, again I will repeat myself again, it does not matter.

To be honest, coaches use it too. In 2004, Coach King reminded us SEVERAL times that Dave Campbell had us picked 3rd in district. Especially in games against Mesquite and Tyler Lee (the teams picked ahead of us). 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

We shouldn't have polls in HS football, to be honest. Playoff spots are determined by wins and losses on the field. And from there, the wins/losses determines who move on to advance. Polls are pretty irrelevant. 

Yes, it's nice to be recognized and respected as a program. It's even nicer to prove the naysayers wrong. 

Do you remember 2002 when the DFW media disrespected Longview even after the Evangel win? And even moreso when we lost to Lee/Lufkin? It was SO sweet knocking off 10-0 Garland and 11-0 Dallas Carter, partially BECAUSE of the disrespect. 

Regional bias in DFW . They only include you guys cause the lobos are in a District with metroplex teams. East Tx as whole generally gets disrespected as whole. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, JohnnyFootball said:

To be honest, coaches use it too. In 2004, Coach King reminded us SEVERAL times that Dave Campbell had us picked 3rd in district. 

Well district projections/predictions are different than state rankings, where prior to this year, most voting had no idea who they were voting for/had never seen them and just voting off known names.

I enjoy predictions and projections (obviously). State rankings, meh. Even so, LONGVIEW being amongst all the Allen, Lake Travis, Duncanville and North Shores of the world is an extremely high nod to this program imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Well district projections/predictions are different than state rankings, where prior to this year, most voting had no idea who they were voting for/had never seen them and just voting off known names.

I enjoy predictions and projections (obviously). State rankings, meh. Even so, LONGVIEW being amongst all the Allen, Lake Travis, Duncanville and North Shores of the world is an extremely high nod to this program imo.

Agreed

Tbh, discussing returning starters when it comes to Longview yearly is tricky because we have depth and rotate depending on situations. It's part of the reason I knew this defense would be so good despite losing players like Lister, Jacob Johnson and Javontae Wriit.

Example: Should Tyree Hale be counted as a returning starter for next year? Robert Pierce is the starter at that back safety position but has been limited. Tyree has started 4 straight weeks now and played a ton in predistrict. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

I really do not wanna jump ahead but who are some teams to be on the look out for. My guess would be Vandy they had a great Defense last year . That Amarillo team still there? BWB in my honest opinion probably will not be there. Westlake looks strong . 

2nd round - Jesuit or Lakeview

3rd round - Vandegrift, Klein Collins or Bridgeland

4th round - Spring Westfield or Waco Midway

5th round - Cedar Hill, Denton Guyer, Midland Lee or Amarillo Tascosa

6th - Westlake, West Brook or some upset team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gametyme said:

I'll pass out on signing day if he puts on the OU hat lol. Honestly I'll support him wherever he decides to go. He's also played a lot of high level select baseball. He missed all last baseball season recovering from a broken wrist. He's not sure if he wants to go all in on football or get back to playing baseball in the spring. I had a coach that's sent kids to A&M and Texas tell me he's a 5 tool kid with major college baseball talent. Temple doesn't have much of a baseball program though. I'm for whatever makes him happy. 

Baseball is the way to go...damn football

14 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

2nd round - Jesuit or Lakeview

3rd round - Vandegrift, Klein Collins or Bridgeland

4th round - Spring Westfield or Waco Midway

5th round - Cedar Hill, Denton Guyer, Midland Lee or Amarillo Tascosa

6th - Westlake, West Brook or some upset team.

Midland Lee is D1