6A DII Region II Bi-District: Temple at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (10-0) vs Temple Wildcats (8-2)  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Temple in a close one
    • Temple in a blow out

7 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Good game Longview. This is what I was afraid would happen. Wasn't expecting Lufkin to choke though. Tough off-season. Good luck rest of the way. I'll be rooting you guys on.

Best of luck to your boys next year. 

Longview just on a different level these past 3 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gametyme said:

Good game Longview. This is what I was afraid would happen. Wasn't expecting Lufkin to choke though. Tough off-season. Good luck rest of the way. I'll be rooting you guys on.

Dude. Please, don't tell me y'all lost to Texarkana. If that's true, Quick and his staff are D-O-N-E. The Lufkin I.S.D. administration and the Lufkin community AIN'T fixin' to tolerate that any longer from him. His ties and roots to Outlaw, I believe only go so far. You still have to produce. He's clear out of excuses, now.

14 hours ago, ANTI said:

Yeah...I saw them. Neither Leon Bell or Birdsong played under King.

I said Taylor is the best Mike of the King era.

And say what you want...live in that nostalgia if you want but Tyshawn is statistically better than them cats AND has the hardware to back it up.

Here's a some All-Time Great Lobo "Mike" LB's leading up to Bell, Byrdsong and the "current" Greatness of Tyshawn Taylor...

1970's....

Mike Mock...6'2" 215

Thomas Cook...5'10" 190

Carlos Lee...5'10" 180

1980's

Duke Brooks...5'7" 200

John Northcutt...5'10" 175

Kevin Alluums...5'10" 190

Those are six former Lobo greats and I'm sure that at least 4 of those names were winners of the Lobo Fighting Heart Award which was given to the most respected Lobo by their teammates.

On 11/10/2019 at 2:57 PM, Gametyme said:

Shoemaker is going to beat Mesquite I think. Midway is going to dog Tyler Lee. Longview should win and so should Rockwall but 11-6A ain't that much better then 12-6A from top to bottom 11-6A just has Longview that is just that much better then the rest. Other then that it's pretty much a wash.

For what it's worth, 11-6A showed again this season that they're much better than 12-6A.

6-2 overall in the post season the last two seasons, with the only team winning from 12-6A being Waco Midway.

Longview dominated co-champion Temple, Rockwall blew out Harker Heights, Mesquite had the biggest score differential of the night over Shoemaker and while Lee's 35-7 loss looks bad, they were only down 14-7 late in the third quarter before things crumbled away.

1 hour ago, WolverBean said:

Did Temple not have confidence in their qb they kept trying to run and not throw to #1 much when did it worked 

Truth is he can't throw the ball. I know Stewart didn't want to do it but I would had went ahead and put the kid out there. I know he's just a freshman but his passing ability it light years a head of anyone they have on the team. I was proud of him. He played solid all night. Was able to get Meridith down by himself fairly easy one play when Meridith  was running through everyone else tackles on the team. He played his assignments perfect. No passes completed on him. He was also responsible for King on the read option pull several times and stayed home and forced the handoff. He finished with 4 tackles and 1 TFL at the end. Got to get back to work this off-season and get ready to lead next season.

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

For what it's worth, 11-6A showed again this season that they're much better than 12-6A.

6-2 overall in the post season the last two seasons, with the only team winning from 12-6A being Waco Midway.

Longview dominated co-champion Temple, Rockwall blew out Harker Heights, Mesquite had the biggest score differential of the night over Shoemaker and while Lee's 35-7 loss looks bad, they were only down 14-7 late in the third quarter before things crumbled away.

Yes I was completely wrong. I knew Heights was in trouble but I figured Shoemaker had a shot. This Lufkin lose is what is tough this morning. It's time for a change. 1st and goal from the 5 and you can't punch it in. The kids deserve better. Lufkin deserves better.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Yes I was completely wrong. I knew Heights was in trouble but I figured Shoemaker had a shot. This Lufkin lose is what is tough this morning. It's time for a change. 1st and goal from the 5 and you can't punch it in. The kids deserve better. Lufkin deserves better.

Yep..

9 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

#firequick

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

#firequick

I don't want to call for the man's job because it's way more then him. It's the staff. They need to bring in somebody from the outside. I think Coach Green for sure has ran his course here in Lufkin. I'd back the brink truck up for Arty Clause. Gotta be more desirable here then Mt Pleasant or whatever it is.

Just now, Gametyme said:

I don't want to call for the man's job because it's way more then him. It's the staff. They need to bring in somebody from the outside. I think Coach Green for sure has ran his course here in Lufkin. I'd back the brink truck up for Arty Clause. Gotta be more desirable here then Mt Pleasant or whatever it is.

He allow that bs though book. That’s the only reason I’m saying he should be gone too. You’re as good as your coordinators and position coaches. If they are bad and y’all are failing, but you continue to allow it.....then you are the problem as well. 

Just now, Pack007 said:

He allow that bs though book. That’s the only reason I’m saying he should be gone too. You’re as good as your coordinators and position coaches. If they are bad and y’all are failing, but you continue to allow it.....then you are the problem as well. 

I feel you. We gotta do something. Jordan Moore was off last night but when he's running for his life I guess that will do it.

Just now, Gametyme said:

You have these coordinators making million on Saturdays and you mean to tell me you don't have anything from the 5 yard line. It's pathetic. 

Those two wildcat plays made me sick..and i already had a cold. Then when it failed, he left them in there and ran it again. This is OT and basically the final drive of the game if you don’t score. This man ran a trick play from the wildcat against a team sending basically 9 players on a key 3rd down. We threw it up to i think Wright last time and scored. That would’ve been the better play since we couldn’t really run on them 

2 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

I feel you. We gotta do something. Jordan Moore was off last night but when he's running for his life I guess that will do it.

Yep....and not having Polk. That’s what i pointed out before this game. Anyone that has been to the games this season know how Key Polk was to the offense. Because when Moore had to run, Polk was there to get open and help him out. 

1 minute ago, Pack007 said:

Those two wildcat plays made me sick..and i already had a cold. Then when it failed, he left them in there and ran it again. This is OT and basically the final drive of the game if you don’t score. This man ran a trick play from the wildcat against a team sending basically 9 players on a key 3rd down. We threw it up to i think Wright last time and scored. That would’ve been the better play since we couldn’t really run on them 

Should had dialed up the TE on 2nd and goal from the 3 with a naked boot or something.