6A DII Region II Bi-District: Temple at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (10-0) vs Temple Wildcats (8-2)  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Temple in a close one
    • Temple in a blow out

1 minute ago, Gametyme said:

I think your perception of your district is skewed lol. Midway got more lucky then anything vs Temple. Willis was just coming back from a knee injury and 6 turnovers sunk the Wildcats. They were moving the ball up and down the field and boom turn over all night. If they don't implode on themselves Friday they will make it a game.

Now you're sounding like West Brook fans.

You don't get lucky by getting six turnovers my man. Any competent team Temple has played, they've suffered turnovers. Why is that...? lol.

11 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Lufkin's scores...

1) First play of the game, on the first play of the season, on a trick play.

2) An ejection extended the drive (one that should've been targeting but should not have been an ejection as we later learned). Longview then picked a pass off in the end zone, only for another penalty to take that away. Then Polk made a catch after a Lobo defender stopped moving and jumped half a second early from once again intercepting it.

3) A fourth down pass went incomplete and over the head of the receiver out of bounds...only for the Lobos to be called for pass interference on a bogus, bogus call.

If you're hanging your hat on Temple scoring just because Lufkin was able to manage 21 points in the first game of the season, just lol....

Not denying any of this 😂

Not that I would expect Lobo fans to ever give credit to anybody else. It’s always something to discredit opponents 

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

Just now, LufkinPack said:

Not that I would expect Lobo fans to ever give credit to anybody else. It’s always something to discredit opponents 

How is it discrediting an opponent? All of that happened lol. Every score had something leading up to it that caused it (which was my point), other than the great first trick play that the players called. It wasn't even Quick calling it according to what I remember from y'alls team page.

Just now, LoboFan07 said:

How is it discrediting an opponent? All of that happened lol. Every score had something leading up to it that caused it, other than the great first trick play that the players called. It wasn't even Quick calling it according to what I remember from y'alls team page.

I agree all of that happened. And I’m not necessarily just talking about the Lufkin game, y’all always come with those excuses lol... Especially when someone finds success against y’all. It’s not what they did, it’s what y’all didnt do. 

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

2 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

No one is "dismissing" anyone. But y'all have also not beaten a single team that most around the state would consider that good.

Cedar Ridge and Waco Midway are both way down this year, and you lost to both. Shoemaker you could throw out there if you want, but they themselves haven't proven anything other than that they're better than their 1-9 team from the previous year.

I don't have a high opinion on any of the Killeen schools, including Belton or Cove. I'll give you that. But Temple is a solid team, that has a chance to prove they're better than good on Friday.

I think you're also underselling how good our defense is because you're basing what you've seen of us against Lufkin.

I think you guys have a great defense. I would had like to seen Nijiba-Smith more then 1 play vs Rockwall. I just think this is an intriguing match-up for Longview defend unfortunately the youth and experience on Temple defense will likely do them in unless the can force turnovers and I'm not sure Haynes will even throw it that much to give Temple that chance. 

I mean, really every single score against Longview you can almost pin point exactly why it happened.

1) Lufkin trick play, great play.
2) Two penalties, one ejecting a player...one taking away an interception.
3) Another penalty, that I still think was absolutely bogus
4) Haynes fumbling on the 10 yard line, giving West Monroe an easy walk in touchdown.
5) Field goal before half that was missed, but Longview called a timeout. Re-kick and Rockwall makes it.
6) 3rd and long for Horn, Lobos misread it deep and Horn gets a long touchdown.
7) Kearbey fumbles the kickoff on the 13, gives Horn a walk in touchdown.
8. Horn drives the field, one of the few times any team has done such this season. But included another 3rd and long, 50+ yard pass play that the Lobos lost control on..then a 4th down conversion gives Horn another touchdown.
9) Game over, Heath gets 2 4th quarters scores.
10) Game over, Lee gets a last minute score.
11) Basically the exact same play, Longview in process of sacking McGill but absolute perfect, pin point passing gives the Skeeters 2 scores.

That's it.

3 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

I agree all of that happened. And I’m not necessarily just talking about the Lufkin game, y’all always come with those excuses lol... Especially when someone finds success against y’all. It’s not what they did, it’s what y’all didnt do. 

Literally not a single excuse in any of that. But you're gonna read what ya wanna read.

2 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

I think you guys have a great defense. I would had like to seen Nijiba-Smith more then 1 play vs Rockwall. I just think this is an intriguing match-up for Longview defend unfortunately the youth and experience on Temple defense will likely do them in unless the can force turnovers and I'm not sure Haynes will even throw it that much to give Temple that chance. 

He did play more than one play.

He got hurt on the first drive, continued through it. Then was out, but came back in the second quarter only for them to throw it to him and we absolutely mauled him. Then they took him out the rest of the game.

1 minute ago, LoboFan07 said:

I mean, really every single score against Longview you can almost pin point exactly why it happened.

1) Lufkin trick play, great play.
2) Two penalties, one ejecting a player...one taking away an interception.
3) Another penalty, that I still think was absolutely bogus
4) Haynes fumbling on the 10 yard line, giving West Monroe an easy walk in touchdown.
5) Field goal before half that was missed, but Longview called a timeout. Re-kick and Rockwall makes it.
6) 3rd and long for Horn, Lobos misread it deep and Horn gets a long touchdown.
7) Kearbey fumbles the kickoff on the 13, gives Horn a walk in touchdown.
8. Horn drives the field, one of the few times any team has done such this season. But included another 3rd and long, 50+ yard pass play that the Lobos lost control on..then a 4th down conversion gives Horn another touchdown.
9) Game over, Heath gets 2 4th quarters scores.
10) Game over, Lee gets a last minute score.
11) Basically the exact same play, Longview in process of sacking McGill but absolute perfect, pin point passing gives the Skeeters 2 scores.

That's it.

The thing is....Lobos have those plays too against teams. It’s football. That happens. It’s still a score against the lobo defense. Not much credit given to the opposing team. 

6 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Now you're sounding like West Brook fans.

You don't get lucky by getting six turnovers my man. Any competent team Temple has played, they've suffered turnovers. Why is that...? lol.

6 turnovers and Cedar Ridge had to hold for dear life. Midway used 92 yard scoop and score on 1st and goal. That is just about as Lucky as Lufkin scoring on a trick play right ? It would be 1st and 10 or 2nd and short and they would get cute. Temple freshman LB intercepted a pass and on his way returning it fumbles the ball. Midway lost to Heights who absolutely was dominated by Temple and why ? Because Midway had 5 turnovers vs Heights. That's definitely luck. 

2 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Not much credit given to the opposing team. 

I give up.

Not taking any credit away from any single team.

We've been scored on 13 times this season. 3 came in the first game of the season. Is what it is.

Temple by 500.

• Stinks 1

4 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

The thing is....Lobos have those plays too against teams. It’s football. That happens. It’s still a score against the lobo defense. Not much credit given to the opposing team. 

Exactly. It’s never what the opposing team did. It’s what Longview didn’t do. Zero credit 

1 minute ago, Gametyme said:

That is just about as Lucky as Lufkin scoring on a trick play right ?

Never even mentioned the word luck when it came to Lufkin scoring on the trick play. They ran it to perfection and it was a great play call.

Just now, LufkinPack said:

Exactly. It’s never what the opposing team did. It’s what Longview didn’t do. Zero credit 

Literally just got done talking about how great the Lufkin trick play was and how great McGill played on Friday against us.

Do I think we should've won the Lufkin game by multiple scores? Of course I do. You've even said so as recently as this past week on the Lp board.

Do I think we should've shut out Rockwall? Of course I do.

We also should've had a shut out against West Monroe. Probably could've had one against Lee if not for a stupid late hit penalty in the final minute.

But we didn't. And we still won, and at the end of the day, that's really all that matters.

If Temple scores more than 21 on us, then good on them. But I can't see them holding us below 40+ the way they have defended this season.

2 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I give up.

Not taking any credit away from any single team.

We've been scored on 13 times this season. 3 came in the first game of the season. Is what it is.

Temple by 500.

The lobo defense is great. I think we all can agree with that. Not trying to start anything. I’m just saying that’s how it seems when you point out that stuff. The refs didn’t give Lufkin those tds. The players still had to defend each play for Longview, even the ones in the red zone that y’all believe were helped out by them. 

1 minute ago, Pack007 said:

The lobo defense is great. I think we all can agree with that. Not trying to start anything. I’m just saying that’s how it seems when you point out that stuff. The refs didn’t give Lufkin those tds. The players still had to defend each play for Longview, even the ones in the red zone that y’all believe were helped out by them. 

My point was that there was a specific play(s) on two of Lufkin's scoring drives that immediately led to the Panthers scoring...extending each drive that would've end them. That's all. Of course we still had to defend them. And they did multiple times after our offense did their best to give it away.

Literally just got done talking about how great the Lufkin trick play was and how great McGill played on Friday against us.

Do I think we should've won the Lufkin game by multiple scores? Of course I do. You've even said so as recently as this past week on the Lp board.

Do I think we should've shut out Rockwall? Of course I do.

We also should've had a shut out against West Monroe. Probably could've had one against Lee if not for a stupid late hit penalty in the final minute.

But we didn't. And we still won, and at the end of the day, that's really all that matters.

If Temple scores more than 21 on us, then good on them. But I can't see them holding us below 40+ the way they have defended this season.

I definitely came away feeling like Lufkin should had won. Probably would had won had it not been for that bs holding call on that last INT return. Talk about flags talk about that one.

My point was that there was a specific play(s) on two of Lufkin's scoring drives that immediately led to the Panthers scoring...extending each drive that would've end them. That's all. Of course we still had to defend them. And they did multiple times after our offense did their best to give it away.

Or maybe Lufkin defense was just that good and took the ball from Longview ? 

So, everything that's gonna happen in this game is based off Week 1. Right..lol

Didn't Temple lose to 6-4 Cedar Ridge Week 1? What'd Temple give up in that game, 6 turnovers?

Advantage still heavily in LVs favor. I won't even bring up the Midway game where similar things happened, but apparently Temple will roast LVs defense because LP put up 21. I guess we will see.

Btw, the perception that Longview played bad defensively in Lufkin Week 1 can only be made by someone who wasnt there.

I counted one scoring drive by Lufkin that wasn't extended by 3rd and 4th down ref calls. The opening trick play. LV played solid defense that day...I think even on one play, our CB Buchanan caught an INT in the endzone but I forget what those refs called that time.

• Like 2

Just now, Gametyme said:

Or maybe Lufkin defense was just that good and took the ball from Longview ? 

No doubt the Lufkin defense had a big part to do with it. But, you've seen enough of Haynes to know that King was not his best that night. Limping half the night, throwing balls into the ground when he had ample amount of time, throwing the ball into the air for no reason when he getting sacked, having a wide open guy that would've been a score if he had just lofted it but instead under threw him and it's picked.

I'm sure some Lufkin fans feel like they should've won it, just like Longview fans feel like that game shouldn't of been anywhere near as close as it was.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

I definitely came away feeling like Lufkin should had won. Probably would had won had it not been for that bs holding call on that last INT return. Talk about flags talk about that one.

Lufkin had their chance at kicking a field goal, but instead got stopped on 4th and goal the previous drive. They also still had a over 2 minutes to move the ball again, only to turn it over on downs.

Nothing tells me that Lufkin would've won after the way our defense shut down the Lufkin offense on those final two drives.

But at the end of the day, this Longview team is not the same team you saw play in Lufkin. And nothing that happened against Lufkin will matter when we take on Temple...

3 minutes ago, ANTI said:

So, everything that's gonna happen in this game is based off Week 1. Right..lol

Didn't Temple lose to 6-4 Cedar Ridge Week 1? What'd Temple give up in that game, 6 turnovers?

Advantage still heavily in LVs favor. I won't even bring up the Midway game where similar things happened, but apparently Temple will roast LVs defense because LP put up 21. I guess we will see.

Btw, the perception that Longview played bad defensively in Lufkin Week 1 can only be made by someone who wasnt there.

I counted one scoring drive by Lufkin that wasn't extended by 3rd and 4th down ref calls. The opening trick play. LV played solid defense that day...I think even on one play, our CB Buchanan caught an INT in the endzone but I forget what those refs called that time.

How convenient the refs cost you but it was literally a #### holding call on a INT that saved you. I give up.