Elysian Fields vs Hemphill, Saturday 6pm @ Center

1jacket

Elysian Fields vs Hemphill   

65 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields vs Hemphill

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/17/2019 at 12:00 AM

18 hours ago, Bigj47 said:

Saw Hemphill  vs a State Title Contender San Augustine and im telling you they can score. If they play defense they can go a good ways in playoffs. I got Hemphill  by 12.

Hemphill is a solid team,way better than I expected. 2 solid running backs that you want run down unless you are  faster than Newton. Offensive line is pretty descent. Defense is better than average,good tacklers. I don't know about EF but the Hornets will definitely  sting you .Way better team than in the past 4-5 years.🏈  Hemphill with the win by 14.

On 11/8/2019 at 11:44 PM, DeBerryJacket said:

What offense does Hemphill run?

As long as I can remember, Vanya (HC) has always been more or less a proponent of the Wing-T - so I am assuming that he is still in some version of it again ... according to one source though, he has opted this year to use more open/one back sets, but using the same Wing schemes up front ... I've have never seen a game or film that he didn't use a lot of tackle overs ... they are averaging 44 a game on offense and giving up 31 a game on defense ... they are young in the backfield, but talented as ball carriers.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, DOB said:

As long as I can remember, Vanya (HC) has always been more or less a proponent of the Wing-T - so I am assuming that he is still in some version of it again ... according to one source though, he has opted this year to use more open/one back sets, but using the same Wing schemes up front ... I've have never seen a game or film that he didn't use a lot of tackle overs ... they are averaging 44 a game on offense and giving up 31 a game on defense ... they are young in the backfield, but talented as ball carriers.

Yes sir, you can see the wing schemes up front.. Js 

3 hours ago, jimmyw said:

Hemphill is a solid team,way better than I expected. 2 solid running backs that you want run down unless you are  faster than Newton. Offensive line is pretty descent. Defense is better than average,good tacklers. I don't know about EF but the Hornets will definitely  sting you .Way better team than in the past 4-5 years.🏈  Hemphill with the win by 14.

1 hour ago, Ponderossa said:

Hemphill’s 2 backs will run wild!!!!

EF will gladly take the under dog role! Doesn’t sound like EF has a chance. 

Who is home? Visitor? 

31 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

EF will gladly take the under dog role! Doesn’t sound like EF has a chance. 

Who is home? Visitor? 

That’s the way with most posters, nobody can beat my team. Sooner or later ole reality steps in and slaps them upside their head, unless they really are the bad dogs.

17 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Yellow jackets by 21. Chris Smith shows up and shows out. 

That could happen. It is high school football. But to do that, I believe EF will have to put up at least 50, and that’s only happened twice this year—against Queen City and Ore City. So we’ll see...

4 hours ago, OleMoe said:

District 12 takes 3 of the 4 games . Shiro over Df / Hemphill over EF / Newton over ND /  Dont think CC will overcome PP. What yall think ?

That’s how I got it but I think CC and PP will be closer then it probably should be. Hemphill and EF will be close as well. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Purpleforever said:

That’s the way with most posters, nobody can beat my team. Sooner or later ole reality steps in and slaps them upside their head, unless they really are the bad dogs.

Huh? I didn’t say anything about no one can beat my team. I said EF will gladly take the under dog role and sounds like EF doesn’t have a chance. That’s complete opposite of saying no one can beat EF. EF should use that role to play with an extra chip on their shoulders is what I meant. Hemphill is obviously gonna be favored after everything I have read. Hopefully EF can keep it close and try to steal a win at the end. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Huh? I didn’t say anything about no one can beat my team. I said EF will gladly take the under dog role and sounds like EF doesn’t have a chance. That’s complete opposite of saying no one can beat EF. EF should use that role to play with an extra chip on their shoulders is what I meant. Hemphill is obviously gonna be favored after everything I have read. Hopefully EF can keep it close and try to steal a win at the end. 

You took that the wrong way or I said it the wrong way.  Wasn’t talking about you. Either way wasn’t meant as a derogatory remark