Elysian Fields vs Hemphill, Saturday 6pm @ Center

1jacket

Elysian Fields vs Hemphill   

65 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields vs Hemphill

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/17/2019 at 12:00 AM

59 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Huh? I didn’t say anything about no one can beat my team. I said EF will gladly take the under dog role and sounds like EF doesn’t have a chance. That’s complete opposite of saying no one can beat EF. EF should use that role to play with an extra chip on their shoulders is what I meant. Hemphill is obviously gonna be favored after everything I have read. Hopefully EF can keep it close and try to steal a win at the end. 

I don’t really seeing EF as being the underdog. Hemphill is getting respect and they deserve it, but EF has a solid tradition and has won more than lost. HEMPHILL lost two games they should have won and the defense has struggled at times. The Hornets have a lot of talent and play hard. If they can avoid a slew of penalties and turnovers they have a chance to win a playoff game for the first time in a long time. I hope it’s a good game. 

I watched Hemphill last year against Waskom. They were a lot bigger than Waskom but not as fast. But if I remember correctly they were pretty young. Ef struggles with a running team. Although they played pewitt Dekalb and diana pretty good. Maybe the new DC has changed up enough. Ef 49-42 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justafan said:

I watched Hemphill last year against Waskom. They were a lot bigger than Waskom but not as fast. But if I remember correctly they were pretty young. Ef struggles with a running team. Although they played pewitt Dekalb and diana pretty good. Maybe the new DC has changed up enough. Ef 49-42 

If they’re not strong against the run, Hemphill will score 60. 

1 hour ago, justafan said:

All this talk about EF stopping Hemphill, but can Hemphill stop them? I just really wish #5 didn't have to go both ways. It takes a team to win, but this kid is special and will put lots of focus on him and open things up for the other players on his team. That 7 point EF win sounds about right

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Purpleforever said:

You took that the wrong way or I said it the wrong way.  Wasn’t talking about you. Either way wasn’t meant as a derogatory remark

I guess I misunderstood what you were saying. That’s why I said “Huh?” and not ###. I was just responding cause you quoted my post so I asked “Huh?” I didn’t take it as derogatory, I was just trying to clarify. 

2 hours ago, JETT said:

I'd want nothing more than to beat yall twice in the same season lol 👀

Never happen this new DC we got actually makes adjustments.  But I would like a chance at some revenge plus I don’t know the other school So rather play a team we familiar with. Just got to deal with these hornets first! 

21 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

Never happen this new DC we got actually makes adjustments.  But I would like a chance at some revenge plus I don’t know the other school So rather play a team we familiar with. Just got to deal with these hornets first! 

Take care of hemphill and let us do our thang against bells and we'll finish this discussion lol

• Like 1

EF is gonna surprise some folks. They are playing their best at the right time. The players have gotten on the same page with the coaches, especially defense. They aren’t just gonna dominate but they can get some stops. This game will be closer than the posters on here saying 14-21 point game. EF in an upset! 

1 hour ago, DeBerryJacket said:

EF is gonna surprise some folks. They are playing their best at the right time. The players have gotten on the same page with the coaches, especially defense. They aren’t just gonna dominate but they can get some stops. This game will be closer than the posters on here saying 14-21 point game. EF in an upset! 

It doesn’t matter what any of us on here say.

I honestly think this is the game to watch in the region. Will probably be high scoring affair but should be a shootout. I may try to make this one but the extra days here in West Texas got that honey DUE list pretty long.  Interested to see who comes out of this game. The winner is going to be a tough out that’s for sure. 

3 hours ago, DeBerryJacket said:

I remember back in '99 Hemphill had uniforms just like the New York Jets. 

• Like 1