Garrison vs San Augustine Part 2

SAWolfman

Who Wins  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

11 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

"Defense is good."  ????  I will admit I haven't seen Garrison this year, but scores wouldn't indicate their defense is anything to write home about.

I stand by what I said.  SA offense scored 28 on them.  A team that scored 27 on Newton scored 8 on them.  Alto only scored once in the second half when we got the kid back from his half game suspension, and it was a short field to begin with.  Think what you want, but scores don’t paint the full picture sometimes.

also I’d like to add that I said good, not great.  They’re not shutting out the teams they’re playing, but they’re good.

5 hours ago, wolfpack76 said:

I don’t think it’s if SA wins, it’s by how many. This is not the same team that played Garrison in the 2nd game of the season. Hoping SA pitches a shut out and sends Garrison home early

Not only is SA better but I think Garrison has digressed as the season went on. It won’t even be competitive like last years game 

23 hours ago, Bulldog64 said:

I stand by what I said.  SA offense scored 28 on them.  A team that scored 27 on Newton scored 8 on them.  Alto only scored once in the second half when we got the kid back from his half game suspension, and it was a short field to begin with.  Think what you want, but scores don’t paint the full picture sometimes.

also I’d like to add that I said good, not great.  They’re not shutting out the teams they’re playing, but they’re good.

I have to agree. Defense has played good most of the year however each game is different. Garrison has struggled with injuries on the O line which was young to begin with which has resulted with the defense being on the field a lot. The offense has played with multiple sets trying to find an identity and I look for them to focus on the sets that worked and get their play makers the ball. This is playoff off football in the great state of Texas so you never know what will happen. SA is very impressive and I don’t think anyone would say other wise but there is a reason you play the game.

give me the dawgs by 3 on a late game field goal! #JYD 

On 11/8/2019 at 11:51 PM, SAWolfman said:

Wont matter I'm afraid

You can always count on wolf boy for ignorant comments. Of course it matters if you are healthy. SA’s biggest concern is health right now. If they can stay healthy then they can make a run. If they play a healthy Garrison team SA stands a much better chance of being banged up at the end, which translates to less likely to make a run!

1 minute ago, AsYouWere said:

You can always count on wolf boy for ignorant comments. Of course it matters if you are healthy. SA’s biggest concern is health right now. If they can stay healthy then they can make a run. If they play a healthy Garrison team SA stands a much better chance of being banged up at the end, which translates to less likely to make a run!

Still bitter?  I said that comment because SA is clicking alot better than they were their 2nd game of the season.  Garrison has only took a nose dive.  Fully healthy Garrison still wouldnt win. Dont like it?  Tough titty!

9 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

Still bitter?  I said that comment because SA is clicking alot better than they were their 2nd game of the season.  Garrison has only took a nose dive.  Fully healthy Garrison still wouldnt win. Dont like it?  Tough titty!

And I never said SA would not win. I fully expect the wolves to dominate the game. My comment was aimed at the fact that you are completely disregarding a program that plays some of the most physical football year after year. After four quarters of football a healthy Garrison team can physically beat you up and that could be more damaging to SA than anything else in the first round! Good luck, hope y’all have a great game!

57 minutes ago, AsYouWere said:

And I never said SA would not win. I fully expect the wolves to dominate the game. My comment was aimed at the fact that you are completely disregarding a program that plays some of the most physical football year after year. After four quarters of football a healthy Garrison team can physically beat you up and that could be more damaging to SA than anything else in the first round! Good luck, hope y’all have a great game!

I dont think this years Garrison team is as physical.  But this is still the game of football and you can get hurt every week regardless of who you play!

I went back to re-read my comment in SA vs. Garrison - Part 1:

It’s a toss up for me. Probably SA but won’t be shocked if Garrison pulls it out at home. I believe it comes down to who has the least turnovers and maybe even the best special teams play. Or heck, it could be a blow out.”

Part 1 was a close game for Garrison....at home. This won’t be home. AND I think this game kind of goes like Part 2 of Alto vs. Garrison last year. The first game was competitive at home in Alto; “part 2” not so much. I know Garrison will fight as hard as they can against SA and give it everything they got (that’s who they are), but I don’t think it will be enough. I think SA pulls away and takes it by 3-4 TDs.

Should be a better game than most bi-district playoff games, if nothing more than because of the history between the two schools.

Good luck to both!

8 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

I went back to re-read my comment in SA vs. Garrison - Part 1:

It’s a toss up for me. Probably SA but won’t be shocked if Garrison pulls it out at home. I believe it comes down to who has the least turnovers and maybe even the best special teams play. Or heck, it could be a blow out.”

Part 1 was a close game for Garrison....at home. This won’t be home. AND I think this game kind of goes like Part 2 of Alto vs. Garrison last year. The first game was competitive at home in Alto; “part 2” not so much. I know Garrison will fight as hard as they can against SA and give it everything they got (that’s who they are), but I don’t think it will be enough. I think SA pulls away and takes it by 3-4 TDs.

Should be a better game than most bi-district playoff games, if nothing more than because of the history between the two schools.

Good luck to both!

Sting Em, you are dead on...it's always hard to win in Garrison, I won't say you go in 2-3 scores behind but in all reality you do...I have been wrong way more than I will ever be right, but I don't think this one will be close.  Garrison will be out to prove they still belong, but SA will send them barking all the way back to Garrison on Friday night.  Ain't no Bulldog wanna jump on a Wolf this time of year.  This ain't the same SA team it was last year or earlier this season...things seem to be clicking.  I assure you that these guys are not looking past the Bulldogs and will be ready to play Friday night.  This is the same Garrison team that lost to Timpson this year isn't it?

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, GTown12 said:

I have saw wilder things happen! Garrison will be playing #### and with nothing to lose so maybe y’all will keep telling those SA boys they can’t be beat! 

Wont be beat by Garrison....we arent Timpson or Beckville and whomever else you lost to in district.  It won't be close.

2 hours ago, SAWolfman said:

Wont be beat by Garrison....we arent Timpson or Beckville and whomever else you lost to in district.  It won't be close.

Might be closer than you think, but hoping for a close game at the very least.  Y’all seem to be rolling right now though, but Garrison vs SA in the playoffs is definitely a treat to watch more times than not.

10 minutes ago, grinder said:

i am from garrison and have to go with SAWolfman think its over beford half

Will SA score 5 or 7 times in the first half is the question.  Only way this doesn't happen is for Garrison to keep the SA offense off the field with long sustained drives and I don't see that happening.