Hughes Springs vs Gladewater

HS1988

Bi-District  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Hughes Springs Mustangs
    • Gladewater Bears

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/16/2019 at 01:30 AM

Gladewater has moved some personel around and that has completely changed this team.  They have gone from a ground and pound to a ground and gun.  D J Allen could possibly be the best athlete in our district.  They will be much better than the GW team that lost to Atlanta and Mineola.

• Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, CardinalEdge said:

Gladewater has moved some personel around and that has completely changed this team.  They have gone from a ground and pound to a ground and gun.  D J Allen could possibly be the best athlete in our district.  They will be much better than the GW team that lost to Atlanta and Mineola.

He’s going to be fun to watch for the next two years 

12 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

How is HS pass defense? We’re not known for throwing it around a bunch until the past few weeks. I’m still holding out hope if and when we need points in a hurry that we will be seeing #8, #12 and #2 split out with #23 in the backfield. That’ll be scary!! 

That would be a nightmare for a defensive coordinator. 

15 minutes ago, bearnation said:

I know nothing about Hughes Springs.... what are their strengths, weakness etc.....? what offense do they use? what defense do they use? 

Played them last year. Was a pretty close game until second half when Bears pulled away. They run a version of the wing t I believe and their play style mirrors winnsboro, so it will be crucial for the bears to score on their opening drives. 

8 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Played them last year. Was a pretty close game until second half when Bears pulled away. They run a version of the wing t I believe and their play style mirrors winnsboro, so it will be crucial for the bears to score on their opening drives. 

Looks like they throw better than Winny too.

4 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

Looks like they throw better than Winny too.

To wide open receivers for sure. Our secondary should matchup better than most have. This is one of the better secondary’s we’ve had in a while. #5 now has 7 INTs I believe.  I’m betting we will have to commit most of the defense to stopping the run and it will leave some 1 on 1 matchups. As long as we stop the run I like our chances with our guys handling the pass.