Hughes Springs vs Gladewater

HS1988

Bi-District  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Hughes Springs Mustangs
    • Gladewater Bears

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/16/2019 at 01:30 AM

8 hours ago, WOhorns said:

Facts . He will deny it and cry if I continue to bring it up #ebishoffa 

It’s common for folks to deny things that aren’t true. But hey, you wanna be obsessed with me and what you think go ahead. You aren’t my first fan and will definitely not be my last. #hatersgonnahate #0and10club

10 hours ago, Blazin97 said:

Hughes Springs is like a better version of Winnsboro, Gladewater will have their hands full! 

I do believe that to be true but we are better now than that team that played Winnsboro and have alot of our kids back so I do believe this will be our toughest game we've played over the last six to seven weeks. But also a winnable game !!!!!!!!

32 minutes ago, bearnation said:

So basically after reading/watching/talking to folks, it appears Gladewater will have to stop the run. If Gladewater has success stopping the run, it will turn into a long day for Hughes Springs because they wont be able to stop GW from scoring very often

LOL....Okie dokie.. 😁

Hughes Springs is going to run the ball, but they have a good quarterback who can pass. Their ability to pass is what makes them scarier than most teams that run their style of offense. Most teams run this offense because they can't pass, so you can load the box and play run until 3rd down. Hughes Springs can and will pass on any down. I would put my money on Hughes Springs being the best 4th place team in the state, with our opponent Winnsboro being a close 2nd.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ftbforlife said:

I do believe that to be true but we are better now than that team that played Winnsboro and have alot of our kids back so I do believe this will be our toughest game we've played over the last six to seven weeks. But also a winnable game !!!!!!!!

Ya I never said Gladewater wasn’t going to win, it’s definitely winnable for y’all. This one is a toss up to me. 

Just now, StangtilDeath said:

You haven't saw the mustangs in person now how can you determine how fast they can run?

You know I haven’t seen them this year but my understanding is that it is the same group of kids from last year just a year older. I’m sure the seniors didn’t get much faster between their junior and senior years but you can bet our freshman and sophomores did. I would think overall team speed will be to the Bears advantage. 

5 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

You know I haven’t seen them this year but my understanding is that it is the same group of kids from last year just a year older. I’m sure the seniors didn’t get much faster between their junior and senior years but you can bet our freshman and sophomores did. I would think overall team speed will be to the Bears advantage. 

Lol, ok.  I beg to differ but I haven't saw the bears in person so can't form a good perspective.

46 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

It’s only possible for younger players to get faster?

I’ve seen both. Here’s my take. Please try not to get in feels...

OL- HS

QB- HS 

RB- as a group GW, Individual HS

WR- GW 

DL- Push

LB- GW

DB- GW

K- meh... push

Team speed- GW

Coaching- HS

Biggest key to me is HS eating up clock and coming away with some kind of points. It forces GW to be uncharacteristic. Still don’t think they know what they want to do on offense though. 

8 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

I’ve seen both. Here’s my take. Please try not to get in feels...

OL- HS

QB- HS 

RB- as a group GW, Individual HS

WR- GW 

DL- Push

LB- GW

DB- GW

K- meh... push

Team speed- GW

Coaching- HS

Biggest key to me is HS eating up clock and coming away with some kind of points. It forces GW to be uncharacteristic. Still don’t think they know what they want to do on offense though. 

Fair assessment since you’ve seen both teams.  

2 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Well I won’t say that but there’s a bigger jump between freshmen and junior years than you’d see in a junior to senior year. 

I’ll counter this and use Lennon Creer as example. At most his junior season was average/slightly above average high school back....... senior year he was on everyone’s radar.