Hughes Springs vs Gladewater

HS1988

Bi-District  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Hughes Springs Mustangs
    • Gladewater Bears

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/16/2019 at 01:30 AM

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

What I like about this match up is HS fullback vs front 7 of GW..... kinda gives them a taste of of what they fished out a few years ago with the big bruiser fullbacks. 

That’s exactly right. Our #36 ain’t no little boy either. That one 16 yard carry against y’all I think he carried 3 people the last 5 yards 😂 

Just now, Eagleborn said:

I’ll counter this and use Lennon Creer as example. At most his junior season was average/slightly above average high school back....... senior year he was on everyone’s radar. 

There are exceptions to everything but I’m saying for the most part. 

Just now, GWBears01 said:

That’s exactly right. Our #36 ain’t no little boy either. That one 16 yard carry against y’all I think he carried 3 people the last 5 yards 😂 

True. He was bigger than anyone our defense had to offer. But he’s no where near the type of bruisers Centers and company were. 

1 hour ago, GWBears01 said:

You know I haven’t seen them this year but my understanding is that it is the same group of kids from last year just a year older. I’m sure the seniors didn’t get much faster between their junior and senior years but you can bet our freshman and sophomores did. I would think overall team speed will be to the Bears advantage. 

My assessment of the Bear fans so far....blowing that ol smelly smoke....

tenor-1.gif

14 minutes ago, StangtilDeath said:

Oh look, now because I have a differing opinion than you it's blowing smoke, all hail the almighty white oak racer via gladewater

Just thinking you should be thanking Jimmerson for not kicking a game wining FG inside the 5, and also the hooks/Atlanta officials. 

• Like 2
  • Stinks 1

44 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

True. He was bigger than anyone our defense had to offer. But he’s no where near the type of bruisers Centers and company were. 

Centers was a beast. Not many paid attention bc all the hype with Mack but losing him late in the second half against Gilmer after a big run killed us.