5A DII Region III Bi-District: Huntsville (7-3) Vs. Marshall (7-3)

Mavchamp

Huntsville (7-3) Vs. Marshall (7-3)  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Huntsville by a little
    • Marshall by a little
    • Huntsville in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

11 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Looks like it's going to be another COLD game this Friday..... expected to be in the low 30's.  Even colder than it was last Friday night.

Going to make passing the ball a little harder for both teams.  Might come down to who has the best running game/run defense.  

I’m tired of it. 50s and 40’s was bad enough with the rain and some wind the last few games. I walked outside after work last night and you would’ve thought i was a trackstar as fast as i ran to my car. 

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Pack007 said:

I’m tired of it. 50s and 40’s was bad enough with the rain and some wind the last few games. I walked outside after work last night and you would’ve thought i was a trackstar as fast as i ran to my car. 

And it’s still almost two weeks before Thanksgiving.......🙄

• Thanks 1

I was reading the wrap up for the Huntsville-Bryan Rudder game from last Thursday and the Hornets didn't have their starting QB, Matthew Southern.  In fact... he has only played in 7 games this season.

I knew he was hobbled, but I didn't realize he had missed games.

Doesn't seem like they have missed him too much.  Huntsville has been scoring plenty with their Sophomore QB.

It will be interesting to see who will start for them Friday.  Completely different game if Southern starts than if Wilson starts.  Southern had over 1000 yards passing in his 7 games.  Wilson has 400 in his 3 starts.

AMAZING STAT:  Huntsville has only 851 yards rushing..... total. 

1,757 passing.

Mav defense has a big task ahead of them this week.

Let's go take care of business.  

12 hours ago, Pack007 said:

One of the better investments for a Texas high school football fan is heated clothing.  I have a heated vest that made last Friday night really comfortable.  
Also merino wool socks are comfortable and some warmer than regular socks. 

• Like 1

I’m surprised he has played 7 games.  Southern has been hobbled all year after turning an ankle in non District.  He came back and played the first few District games but wasn’t 100%.  Wilson has played the last 2 games, So not sure what’s the status with Southern this week.  The main running back has also been hurt nearly all of the District season, so I’m sure rushing yards are down.  Huntsville just hasn’t had all the pieces healthy and together to get any consistently going offensively. So the defense has been on the field too much.  If the offense can get everybody out there, they could still make a deep run.  

yeah...I think it's going to be a close game.

But taking my Mavs.....

- Playing at home....

- Long road trip for the Hornets....

- May not have their starting QB.  And if they do... is he 100%?  Hasn't played in several weeks

- Mav defense 

- Savion Williams

- Stable of RB's to spread it around

- Passing game is there if needed

• Like 1

Got to go with my MAVS but I do believe it’s going to be a tight game. MAVS at home and I’m hoping the cold night gets to them more than Marshall. I sure hope Maverick Nation turns out to support our team. Was very sad of the turnout last week. Now is the time .....

GO MAVS

I'd really like to see us spread the ball around more like we had been doing all district long.

But we completely gave up on the passing game Vs. PT.  Not sure if it was the cold...  or the PT defense... or that we had plenty of success running it.... but we didn't really try much.

Not sure we can impose our will on Huntsville like that.

When we are balanced....we are our best offensively.  They can't defend both.  And one of them gets easier when they concentrate on one or the other.

Our best games games were when the opposing defenses were strung out trying to stop our passing game...which made our running game hum.  And vice versa.