5A DII Region III Bi-District: Huntsville (7-3) Vs. Marshall (7-3)

Mavchamp

Huntsville (7-3) Vs. Marshall (7-3)  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Huntsville by a little
    • Marshall by a little
    • Huntsville in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

Their D line is good. 

But having Matthew Southern back at QB is HUGE for them.  They are clearly a completely different team when he’s their QB. 

Congrats to the Hornets. Good luck next week. 

For six weeks we were a completely balanced offense. We ran.  We passed. We mixed it up.  We gave defensive coordinators fits. Scored almost at will. 

Then it disappeared. We didn’t try to pass against PT.  We tired even less tonight. 

Over 1000 yards passing in 6 district games.  And the last two weeks it just disappeared with no explanation.  We didn’t even really try to pass the last two games. Why??  We became totally one dimensional..... totally predictable... and EASY to defend.  We made PT’s defense look good and they were one of the worst in the district.  So of course when we faced a good defense.... we got shut down.  

Did we have injuries the last two weeks?  Was Savion not well?  

i just can’t comprehend how our passing game completely disappeared the last two weeks. It wasn’t like it wasn’t working.  It was non existent. We didn’t even really try. 

Seems like being balanced threw defenses into confusion. They couldn’t completely defend both. 

But when we became one dimensional...... well. We nearly lost to Pine Tree and we lost to fourth place Huntsville. 

I wish I understood the total abandonment of the passing game. Because that was when we were our best. 

Even with all the questions and the disappointment of last night.... 

I still believe in this team and this staff. No one expects perfection.

We got unlucky thanks to a weird tie breaking system and got a really tough draw in the first round. I don’t think Huntsville is the 4th best team in that district.  Especially with Southern at QB.  It is what it is.  

There are very few teams at any level of football that could overcome losing their D1 quarterback after one game. Most would be crippled. We overcame that.  We overcame the death of a teammate.  We kept the district streak alive.  We won our third consecutive district title... our fourth in five years. 

Incredibly proud of this team.  There were so many moments this season that they could have folded up their tent and gone home.  But they fought through it all.  

The staff overcame tons of questions when we were struggling.  

Yes.... we are disappointed.  Yes we have questions.  But I don’t think anyone is asking for anyone’s head on a platter. 

Thank you Mavs

Thank you staff! 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Even with all the questions and the disappointment of last night.... 

I still believe in this team and this staff. No one expects perfection.

We got unlucky thanks to a weird tie breaking system and got a really tough draw in the first round. I don’t think Huntsville is the 4th best team in that district.  Especially with Southern at QB.  It is what it is.  

There are very few teams at any level of football that could overcome losing their D1 quarterback after one game. Most would be crippled. We overcame that.  We overcame the death of a teammate.  We kept the district streak alive.  We won our third consecutive district title... our fourth in five years. 

Incredibly proud of this team.  There were so many moments this season that they could have folded up their tent and gone home.  But they fought through it all.  

The staff overcame tons of questions when we were struggling.  

Yes.... we are disappointed.  Yes we have questions.  But I don’t think anyone is asking for anyone’s head on a platter. 

Thank you Mavs

Thank you staff! 

Very well said man! Mavs went through a lot and did not fold...most teams would have.  It sounds like you guys have a good coach...a few more seasons I think the Mavs will be in a great position 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

Very well said man! Mavs went through a lot and did not fold...most teams would have.  It sounds like you guys have a good coach...a few more seasons I think the Mavs will be in a great position 

Thank you sir!

I do believe we have a great staff.  A matter of keeping them together long term.

I'd say good luck next week...but when I cheer for the Lobos I get accused of cheering for their opposition....so... hope you have a good time next week! 

• Like 1