Newton vs New Diana

NewtonNation

Who advances?   

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who advances?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/16/2019 at 01:32 AM

5 minutes ago, jimmyw said:

Newton definitely not the same offense without Nate at  Qb and we all know that loosing Sylvester for the 2nd half hurt.  Saying that, they gonna have to want it more  and take it to get to the big dance,

Wow, the broadcasters said absolutely nothing about #24 sitting out the whole second half. I wondered where the QB sacks went. Dang

17 minutes ago, Newtonres7586 said:

Wow, the broadcasters said absolutely nothing about #24 sitting out the whole second half. I wondered where the QB sacks went. Dang

31 minutes ago, Newtonres7586 said:

Heard tonight that the Newton broadcasters are going to be doing the audio and video play by play for the rest of the Newton games. waaaaaaaaaa!!!

Yea, I listened to the radio broadcast and heard them announce about doing radio AND TV starting next week. They are TERRIBLE imo....bad!! 

I didnt hear them say anything either. What happened to Sylvester? 

12 hours ago, jimmyw said:

Barlow and the Foster  boy are both at TCU. Both are doing good up their. Not sure but I would bet James Sylvester goes there also. Newton will probably never have that kind of talent on another team.

Newton has had that talent before 2002 to 2005 look at the kids that went D1 even had 2 that went pro just not the coaching that we have had the last couple of years to expose it and now we are right back to the not exposing it once again on offense lol

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BD04 said:

Good game ND! Kids played hard. 

Now for Newton. I predicted they would exit in the 4th round due to poor discipline, O line issues , etc.. but Im afraid I was wrong. I’ll be shocked if they get out of the 2nd round. 

True dat! They are playing terrible but they will probably get it together for a few more games, but they will lose in the end to and inferior athletic team due to the issues you mentioned.  I'm a Newton fan but the truth is the truth. They need to fix the problems,  by whatever means necessary 

• Like 1

I know I’m critical of the team, can’t help it. But I also realize that the team is the team. Through nobodies fault. I don’t blame the coaches or the players, nobody wins forever. They are a good team. Maybe they got the big head or not. Teenagers have a lot of distractions in their lives. Learning to live with those distractions is part of growing up. How fast they learn how to cope is different with each one. There is a lot of pressure on these kids and coaches. I think the coaches are doing a good job. This is not a team of great athletes all the way around. There is a couple of standouts, but not a whole team. Sometimes everybody is doing the best they can, whether it be physically or mentally, but they run across somebody better. Football is a team sport where everybody is trying to whoop your tail. The whooping don’t always go the way you want it. All you can do is the best you can ,sometimes that is not enough because you meet  up with somebody better. As long as they gave it their all, that’s all anybody can ask. Go Eagles give it your best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

I have noticed tho, Newton hasn't been the same dominant Newton since they lost to Gilmer

6 hours ago, OleMoe said:

Newton not looking very well.. !!

I totally agree, Newton has lost it's swagger. I see signs of greatness at times and signs of ho-hum ness. I am beginning to wonder about senior leadership, might be wrong but they are not playing as a unit at this time. Maybe this game will give them a wake up call but even if they do, I don't see AT&T in our forecast. New Diana was a better team than everyone thought. Remember they only  lost to Daingerfield 20-16. As a fan Newton keeps me confused but us fans are terribly spoiled. 95% of the state would love to have our problems. I don't want to take anything away from New Diana because they were a good solid team that gave it there all and there fans should be proud of them. I just hope Newton's fans can be as proud in the end.  I hope we don't have the would have-should have - & could have syndrome . Life is short and we need to enjoy it.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, TTman7 said:

Newton 52 

New Diana 42

Final 

GREAT JOB NEW DIANA EAGLES!!! What an effort and fight you showed tonight!!! Way to go!!! We're proud of you!! 

Congrats Newton Eagles!! You've got a great team. 

Good job ND! No laughing here. A good season for the blue eagles 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Teams know where Newton is going with the ball every play. Their playcalling is predictable every snap.  A Scat right scat left and scat trap offense will have you sitting at the house or playing basketball. What is happening to the offense seems to be contagious and spreading to their defense. Hope they can get on the right track. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, OleMoe said:

Teams know where Newton is going with the ball every play. Their playcalling is predictable every snap.  A Scat right scat left and scat trap offense will have you sitting at the house or playing basketball. What is happening to the offense seems to be contagious and spreading to their defense. Hope they can get on the right track. 

From what I could see the play calling wasn’t all that great. Trying to get cute at times. 

• Stinks 1

34 minutes ago, OleMoe said:

I saw another quote earlier about there offense. Did Newton lose their offensive coordinator to another job after last year? Other offensive coaches that played a big part in the offense? Or just not as talented? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

I saw another quote earlier about there offense. Did Newton lose their offensive coordinator to another job after last year? Other offensive coaches that played a big part in the offense? Or just not as talented? 

I know they lost WT their head coach.  Also Offense coordinator Neece went to a head coaching job. Not sure who is coordinator at Newton now. They lost 2 great Coaches and it is showing on the field.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OleMoe said:

I know they lost WT their head coach.  Also Offense coordinator Neece went to a head coaching job. Not sure who is coordinator at Newton now. They lost 2 great Coaches and it is showing on the field.

Agreed! I know people from Newton don't like to hear it, but they need to fix themselves. If they don't eventually the fans will get tired of not making deep runs into the playoffs.  I think you need to get the potential out of the athletes.  Just as you should get the potential out of your employees to make your company better.  If you don't you may find yourself out of buisiness. I think Newton gets it together in the next few weeks. But they haven't had it together most of this year. I'm not trying to offend anyone,  it's just my opinion and I'm going to speak my mind and I'm a die hard Newton fan. You have to do what's necessary to succeed. Get it out of the athletes and the coaches. Thats why you pay them and why they are elevated to those positions. JMO

• Like 2