Newton vs New Diana

NewtonNation

Who advances?   

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who advances?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/16/2019 at 01:32 AM

This is my 1st post ever on smoaky and likely my last.  I usually look for scores or information about a game.There are alot of people that knew where the ball was going and couldn't stop it.  The coaches including this group led by Drew are great coaches and they do a great job.  It's amazing with the success they have every year that someone would get on here and criticize or question their decisions. Newton is known for the Scat, and Scat give to the tune of over 300 victories and 2 State Championships by Curtis Barbay and 2 more by W.T. Johnson with very few losses.  I don't mind you knowing who I am either.  Andy Evans

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, BJH said:

This is my 1st post ever on smoaky and likely my last.  I usually look for scores or information about a game.There are alot of people that knew where the ball was going and couldn't stop it.  The coaches including this group led by Drew are great coaches and they do a great job.  It's amazing with the success they have every year that someone would get on here and criticize or question their decisions. Newton is known for the Scat, and Scat give to the tune of over 300 victories and 2 State Championships by Curtis Barbay and 2 more by W.T. Johnson with very few losses.  I don't mind you knowing who I am either.  Andy Evans

well said Coach

2 hours ago, BJH said:

Well said coach. Hope them crappie are biting. 

3 hours ago, BJH said:

🤘🤘🤘 Nice to see you chime in coach. Was good seeing you earlier. We'll go get some shrimp as soon as season opens up next spring. You got some good miles outta that ole scat/scat give at THS didn't ya coach? Gonna have to put me on some of them crappie soon. 

16 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

🤘🤘🤘 Nice to see you chime in coach. Was good seeing you earlier. We'll go get some shrimp as soon as season opens up next spring. You got some good miles outta that ole scat/scat give at THS didn't ya coach? Gonna have to put me on some of them crappie soon. 

I remember him tell me the story about the scat/give. He and Barbary were drawing plays on napkins at a diner. And boom, different variations were born. 

4 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

I remember him tell me the story about the scar/give. He and Barbary were drawing plays on napkins at a diner. 

As a young coach listening to his elders, I thought that' was the reason why napkins were placed on a table in the first place.

13 hours ago, AmphibiousRodent said:

True dat! They are playing terrible but they will probably get it together for a few more games, but they will lose in the end to and inferior athletic team due to the issues you mentioned.  I'm a Newton fan but the truth is the truth. They need to fix the problems,  by whatever means necessary 

I am really sick of your post. You bash the team in one line and then give them all the glory in the next. PICK A SIDE. You have done this all year, and it shows ignorance. You remind me of the guy that gets beat then says, I didn't want to win anyways.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BottomLine said:

I am really sick of your post. You bash the team in one line and then give them all the glory in the next. PICK A SIDE. You have done this all year, and it shows ignorance. You remind me of the guy that gets beat then says, I didn't want to win anyways.

My side is, I'm and Eagle fan! But if there is problems, fix them. If there is problems in the company you work for, find out the root cause of the problems, and fix it, and make your company more profitable and productive. Same with your political affiliation, nobody's perfect but everyone can improve. Same applies here. You may not agree with my analogy, and, I may not agree with yours. I'm going to state my opinion and that doesn't make me ignorant, as you say. It likely say more about you, than me. I don't kiss any coach or politician or any one elses rear. If anyone that goes to Newton's games, and keeps up with Newton football can't see that, Newton isn't playing at their potential,  it's just because you don't want to see it, and willing to accept that issue. I Love Newton Texas! I Love people there! I'm passionate about football. But, if I see a problem I voice my opinion. That's the beauty of living in this great Nation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1

10 hours ago, AmphibiousRodent said:

My side is, I'm and Eagle fan! But if there is problems, fix them. If there is problems in the company you work for, find out the root cause of the problems, and fix it, and make your company more profitable and productive. Same with your political affiliation, nobody's perfect but everyone can improve. Same applies here. You may not agree with my analogy, and, I may not agree with yours. I'm going to state my opinion and that doesn't make me ignorant, as you say. It likely say more about you, than me. I don't kiss any coach or politician or any one elses rear. If anyone that goes to Newton's games, and keeps up with Newton football can't see that, Newton isn't playing at their potential,  it's just because you don't want to see it, and willing to accept that issue. I Love Newton Texas! I Love people there! I'm passionate about football. But, if I see a problem I voice my opinion. That's the beauty of living in this great Nation.

I understand you noting problems with the team, all fans see it, most fans voice it. But the biggest part of being a fan is never admitting that we are anything less than the reigning 3aD2 state champions. You have a tendency to be the end all be all of how far Newton is gonna go. I get annoyed by Daingerfield fans but you know what, no matter how bad of a season they have they always believe they can't be beat. I guess what I meant to say instead of PICK A SIDE is, show your pride or don't.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, BottomLine said:

I understand you noting problems with the team, all fans see it, most fans voice it. But the biggest part of being a fan is never admitting that we are anything less than the reigning 3aD2 state champions. You have a tendency to be the end all be all of how far Newton is gonna go. I get annoyed by Daingerfield fans but you know what, no matter how bad of a season they have they always believe they can't be beat. I guess what I meant to say instead of PICK A SIDE is, show your pride or don't.

I'm a world traveler, and I'm very proud of Newton,  I brag on my little town all the time.  Most people probably really don't want to hear it,  or really can't understand what a great place Newton is, or the special bond the people have there between each other.  Maybe if you haven't visited other places or spent extensive time in other places, maybe even you or someone who never lived outside of East Texas know what a special place it is. But I'm very proud of Newton and our football program.  I often recommend people to read between the white lines. It's our story as well,  not just W.T's. I'm certain he would agree with that. 

My pride runs deep in the roots of Newton Texas and all the people there. All of them. 

But I'm just stating my opinion on the current state of affairs of our team. Constructive criticism. Some times it hurts to be criticized. We've all felt that sting. If not, it's because you've never been challenged and that makes you and underachiever. 

I respect you my brother, and everyone on the coaching staff.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BottomLine said:

Stop being soft to a persons opinion about the team he loves even if it's a high school team, I'm sure your critical about your favorite NFL team 

• Stinks 1

3 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

Stop being soft to a persons opinion about the team he loves even if it's a high school team, I'm sure your critical about your favorite NFL team 

Don't you have another post to go write about EF not having a good coach? You are slacking, I  haven't seen one this week.

On 11/9/2019 at 3:07 PM, BottomLine said:

Look I know that alot of people are questioning Newton after the AS and Hemphill games, but what people need to understand is that Hemphill is heating up and I know that AS has that question mark loss to CC but besides that they have been pretty dominate all year. These 2 teams are highly overrated and after seeing PP and Daingerfield, I honestly feel like that this could be the year where Newtons district wins all 4 games in the first round.

Yea that didn’t happen lol roll tigers roll