Playoffs Round 1 Lindale vs Lamar Consolidated

LindalePride2002

Lindale makes the long drive to play Lamar Consolidated  in the 1st round of the playoffs. I believe lindale is capable of winning but will have to be firing on all cylinders. Lindale needs to work on tightening up their secondary and come up with some big stops on defense.  Jordan Jenkins will hopefully have another big game with some major momentum averaging over 200 yards rushing the last couple of district games. I predict a high scoring game with lindale on top. Thoughts?

I agree. I think Lindale could take it but will need to have a great game. Offense has been looking really good the past few weeks and the defense has had stretches where they look good but also times that they don’t. They held Pine Tree To the lowest score they’ve had all year( scoreless in the second half) last week. But then gave up 50 points to Jacksonville. I can’t even explain that smh. If the defense plays good next week I think we take the win

I'm assuming Lamar is much better this season than last season.... because they were terrible in the first round last year.

If they are on the same level as last year..... Lindale can take it.

But given how they played at the end of the season....I think they are improved.  

Tough game for the Eagles.  Esp with the long road trip.

Lamar is better than last year.  They do have some athletes.  They really should be the 3 seed out of this District.  I think this will be a good game.  Lamar certainly has the advantage of playing at home, while Lindale gets a 4 hour bus ride.  However, Lindale can win this game.  

On 11/9/2019 at 9:55 AM, Jakeelee86 said:

I agree. I think Lindale could take it but will need to have a great game. Offense has been looking really good the past few weeks and the defense has had stretches where they look good but also times that they don’t. They held Pine Tree To the lowest score they’ve had all year( scoreless in the second half) last week. But then gave up 50 points to Jacksonville. I can’t even explain that smh. If the defense plays good next week I think we take the win

Jacksonville has speedy, talented receivers and a QB who is accurate if given time to throw. From what I see, Lindale  plays man coverage. If they didn't have the safeties helping over the top, then #3 and #2 for Jacksonville probably had a tremendous night. jmo