5A Div I Lufkin Panthers vs Texas High Tigers at Abe Martin in Lufkin.

PackAttack

10 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

I believe Texas High has made the playoffs 20 of the last 21 years. They do have some tradition. Some of you young guys may not know, but Lufkin and Texas High were in the same district for years. In 1973 Lufkin had twins on its team. I believe their name was Brown, and they were awesome. Longview was in district had a great player (Mock) who played in the NFL, and that same year John Tyler had Earl Campbell and his twin brothers. Texas High and John Tyler played for the district championship (only one team advanced to the playoffs then). The Tigers had the game won in the final seconds, but Campbell threw a long halfback pass for a touchdown. John Tyler went on to win the state championship. That year John Tyler, Texas High, Longview and Lufkin were all ranked in the AP top 10 at the same time.

I played on that team.  We talked about him passing before the play was run and the idiot safety still came up to the line when Campbell got the ball.  I don't think anyone talked to that clown the rest of the year.  He wanted to hide.  Only other game we lost was to Arkansas High,  in the middle of the Swede Lee state championships.  We played in the first game ever at the new Arkansas High stadium.

9 hours ago, Pack007 said:

I respect Thigh. I think we all do. And I know all about their title in 02. Both programs had similar runs in the early and mid 2000s, they just did their damage at the 4A level, while ours was of course In 5A. 

This is going to be a tough game though. I think most people believe that, especially with Polk out. Don’t think anyone is looking past Thigh. We’ve had too many first round losses for that to happen. I just think Lufkin is the better team. We’re still loaded at receiver, running back is talented and I believe we have the better Qb. Both front sevens are similar, while our secondary is better imo. Plus again, we’re playing at home. Any opposing fanbase that has been to Abe....at least for a big game will tell you how difficult it is to win in Lufkin, especially when we have a good team. Although the atmosphere and crowd  would’ve been better against JT, we should still have a very good crowd. And the players feed off that energy from them. I also think our competition in district was better. The main reasons I picked the Pack in this one. But we’ll see. I’m still expecting a tough game. That Smith kid on defense will make Moore and the rest of the Panthers earn everything. 

Back thru the 60's and 70's Texas High owned that district.  I don't think I ever lost to Lufkin.  What killed the Texas High program was the opening of Pleasant Grove.  With PG Texas High is close to the largest school in East Texas.  And all that talent.  I remember when Street and Norwood battled in 65.  Norwood would have been the starter at Texas but he got into trouble with Coach Royal.  Norwood was a better qb than Street in high school.  He started the freshman team at Texas over Street.  The talent in Texarkana is too spread out.  Four high schools with pretty good programs for a town of 70,000.

9 hours ago, Pack007 said:

Don’t think anyone is looking past Thigh.

Please do!

It is T-High’s best chance. Lufkin will rightfully be a large favorite and expected to give the Tigers a spanking. If I were betting on 16 to 18 year olds, I would put my money on Lufkin. But a breakup with a girlfriend by the Lufkin center who finds out she is seeing the quarterback can change the chemistry.  I need the center’s cell phone #.🤔

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

9 minutes ago, bordertown said:

Please do!

It is T-High’s best chance. Lufkin will rightfully be a large favorite and expected to give the Tigers a spanking. If I were betting on 16 to 18 year olds, I would put my money on Lufkin. But a breakup with a girlfriend by the Lufkin center who finds out she is seeing the quarterback can change the chemistry.  I need the center’s cell phone #.🤔

No! We don’t need anymore issues on the oline. 🤣

12 minutes ago, bordertown said:

Please do!

Lmfao 😂😂😂 Man our line has enough issues without girlfriend drama 

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, bordertown said:

Please do!

Omg 🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 11/11/2019 at 9:31 AM, Slimbodine said:

I played on that team.  We talked about him passing before the play was run and the idiot safety still came up to the line when Campbell got the ball.  I don't think anyone talked to that clown the rest of the year.  He wanted to hide.  Only other game we lost was to Arkansas High,  in the middle of the Swede Lee state championships.  We played in the first game ever at the new Arkansas High stadium.

Even if the safety doesn't come up, who is going to say he makes the tackle on the receiver.

On 11/14/2019 at 12:59 AM, Champ1000 said:

Anything short of a dominating performance by Lufklin would be shocking. Taking the pack big. 

You probably haven’t watched either team. Should be a good game. Safe travels to the folks from Texarkana. Go Pack!! Lp!!

2 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

I realize getting beat in Bi District for a while maybe clouding  your judgement but this will not be close. 

And i realize you’re a troll and don’t really know much about football, but We’ve won the last two bi-district Games. Just being honest about my feelings regarding the game for the people like yourself that don’t much about the teams you’re running up in threads posting about. Hopefully one day you’ll get a clue, but considering you’re up there in age i doubt it..

21 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

And i realize you’re a troll and don’t really know much about football, but We’ve won the last two bi-district Games. Just being honest about my feelings regarding the game for the people like yourself that don’t much about the teams you’re running up in threads posting about. Hopefully one day you’ll get a clue, but considering you’re up there in age i doubt it..

Ok bud so you think Texas high makes this a close ball game. Lufkin is a lot better so this should be a bigger win. That is not trolling maybe one day you'll see the difference.