5A Div I Lufkin Panthers vs Texas High Tigers at Abe Martin in Lufkin.

PackAttack

57 minutes ago, 3rdcoastent said:

Yea yall need to watch it got a special video im making im saving my best one for longview tho should something happen before state

Lol make one. Won’t change the fact that we’re the best East Texas program on the top two levels. Or that we’ve beaten you down 83-13 the last two seasons. Or that we’re about to break the longest winning streak by a 5A or 6A team in East Texas, or that you’ve just gone 3-8 in freakin 5A.

• LOL! 2
  • Stinks 1

8 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Lol make one. Won’t change the fact that we’re the best East Texas program on the top two levels. Or that we’ve beaten you down 83-13 the last two seasons. Or that we’re about to break the longest winning streak by a 5A or 6A team in East Texas, or that you’ve just gone 3-8 in freakin 5A.

Lmao. Harsh but all big facts 

1 hour ago, LufkinPack said:

True. We lost to a team y’all beat. And Vice Verca. We curb stomped College station and they curb stomped y’all. Guess we all equally #### 

exactly. so neither fan base is in a position to look down and talk smack about the other...thats why I haven't said anything bad about LP football. But for some unknown reason, I am being called out like I did.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

In spite of the JT fans trolling.... I think most people still have the utmost respect for the Lufkin program and their fans.

I was excited to jump on the LP playoff bandwagon hoping ya'll would play opposite days we did.    

Wasn't planning on both days ending up free.  Ugh.  

Nothing but respect for LP from me.  

But I feel ya'll's disappointment.....for sure.

JT fans trolling....are you serious Mav, you didn't see all the trolling and smack being said on JT threads week after week.  Nobody hardly said anything.  Ain't nobody trolling, we just showing them the lesson in talking down and wishing bad on others, when your team is not much better.

by the way, show me where a JT fan said they didn't like or respect Lufkin program because I can show several posts where Lufkin fans said they didn't like our coach or respect our fans or program.  

9 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

JT fans trolling....are you serious Mav, you didn't see all the trolling and smack being said on JT threads week after week.  Nobody hardly said anything.  Ain't nobody trolling, we just showing them the lesson in talking down and wishing bad on others, when your team is not much better.

Picking against JT wasn't trolling.  It was just a prediction.   

I picked LP to win this game... I wasn't trolling Texas High.  I just didn't think they would win.

I saw the same people pick us to lose almost every week.  They were wrong more than they were right...but law of averages and ratios says they were going to be right eventually.  Sadly...they were right this week.

At the end of the day..... East Texas 5A choked this season.  I thought last season was better with JT and Marshall's runs.  Lindale and LP advanced last season too.  2015 was another strong season. 

But this season.... and 2017... and 2016 really has been a wreck for ETX 5A by and large.

We should all be disappointed.  

It is what it is right now.

Luckily.... I love this game with or without my team playing.  Soooo...I got 5 more weeks to enjoy it.  Not as much as I once did..... but life goes on!

• Stinks 1

1 minute ago, Mavchamp said:

I picked LP to win this game... I wasn't trolling Texas High.  I just didn't think they would win.

I saw the same people pick us to lose almost every week.  They were wrong more than they were right...but law of averages and ratios says they were going to be right eventually.  Sadly...they were right this week.

At the end of the day..... East Texas 5A choked this season.  I thought last season was better with JT and Marshall's runs.  Lindale and LP advanced last season too.  2015 was another strong season. 

But this season.... and 2017... and 2016 really has been a wreck for ETX 5A by and large.

Luckily.... I love this game with or without my team playing.  Soooo...I got 5 more weeks to enjoy it.  Not as much as I once did..... but life goes on!

Amen Mav.

Mav How is telling JT fans they dislike our coach, team and fanbase not trolliing.  How is saying I want your team to lose just a prediction....Don't make me go find the quotes.  It was way more than just predictions going on.   

1 minute ago, JTFAN99 said:

Mav How is telling JT fans they dislike our coach, team and fanbase not trolliing.  How is saying I want your team to lose just a prediction....Don't make me go find the quotes.  It was way more than just predictions going on.   

From what I read.... JT fans don't even like their coach.  So it's hard to call out another fan base for regurgitating what JT's own fans were saying.

And don't bother with finding the quotes.  I saw plenty of trash talk going both ways. It wasn't a one way street.  

• Like 1

Personally..... and this is an unpopular opinion because some people thrive on hate....

I think it's better when we're all winning.  I don't understand all this division.... even for rivals.

It's better when LP, JT, Marshall, Texas High, etc, etc, etc are ALL winning.

It's better for East Texas.  It's better for all of TXHSFB in my opinion.

Seeing us lose to metro area schools annually is frustrating....because we all know.... deep down.... those fan bases don't give half a rat's tail if their team wins or not.  The interest just isn't the same.

Yet.... here we are.... getting sucker punched..... again. 

But yeah....I want JT to win. I want LP to win.  I want Marshall to win.  It's better when we do.

But sadly..... we'd rather tear each other down... and beat each other over the heads with how superior we are to one another when we don't even play each other in district or in the playoffs.

Insane.  And ultimately..... it's not even fun.

• Like 1

From what I read.... JT fans don't even like their coach.  So it's hard to call out another fan base for regurgitating what JT's own fans were saying.

And don't bother with finding the quotes.  I saw plenty of trash talk going both ways. It wasn't a one way street.  

Im a little surprised at you.   Have been one of your biggest supporters, heck Im one of the few that go back to your website. Have stuck up for you several times on this website when people have came at you.  But I see whats going on now. Its all good.  You are the god father of all this so you will always have my respect.  but you know darn well the smack has been completely one sided.  Its cool though cause Karma always wins out in the end.  

10 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

Im a little surprised at you.   Have been one of your biggest supporters, heck Im one of the few that go back to your website. Have stuck up for you several times on this website when people have came at you.  But I see whats going on now. Its all good.  You are the god father of all this so you will always have my respect.  but you know darn well the smack has been completely one sided.  Its cool though cause Karma always wins out in the end.  

I have nothing but respect for JT.  They have been a flagship program in the playoffs for more than a decade or so.  But that doesn't mean they are immune from negative talk. 

This is a synopsis of the last 6-7 weeks on every JT or LP thread:

Poster 1:  JT isn't any good this season
Poster 2:  We are better than our record shows
Poster 1:  Record is truth.
Poster 2:  Win a playoff game and we can talk
Poster 1:  2019 JT isn't 2018 JT
Poster 2:  Win a playoff game
Poster 1:  JT still isn't any good
Poster 2: Win a playoff game

replay/replay/replay/replay

Yes..... JT has had trash talk directed at them.  But they've done their fair share too.  That's all I'm saying.  I can find those quotes too.

I just don't get it.  Makes no sense to me.

• Thanks 1

Here he goes with Karma again like his team not sitting at home at 3-8 too. The only reason I came  at JT fans like that was because every time i tried to be honest about what i watched, they jumped down my throat. It wasn’t about being petty after they lost. But their fans as soon as we lose to Thigh, guess who jumps in here to talk about karma and everything else but want to play like the good guy when we call them names?? Lol. Again, i spoke out about Lufkin issues.......on our forum. And we didn’t have many game threads on here. So of course i went to Longview,  Maverick and JT threads. But whatever.....

13 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

I have nothing but respect for JT.  They have been a flagship program in the playoffs for more than a decade or so.  But that doesn't mean they are immune from negative talk. 

This is a synopsis of the last 6-7 weeks on every JT or LP thread:

Poster 1:  JT isn't any good this season
Poster 2:  We are better than our record shows
Poster 1:  Record is truth.
Poster 2:  Win a playoff game and we can talk
Poster 1:  2019 JT isn't 2018 JT
Poster 2:  Win a playoff game
Poster 1:  JT still isn't any good
Poster 2: Win a playoff game

replay/replay/replay/replay

Yes..... JT has had trash talk directed at them.  But they've done their fair share too.  That's all I'm saying.  I can find those quotes too.

I just don't get it.  Makes no sense to me.

those ain't the quotes I am referring too,  you seem to have selectively looked over all the other trolling done but its cool. I know your position.

Its done and over. Both teams are packing up pads and several players are  bringing out the round balls.  good luck to the rest of east tx in 2019 and good luck to all in 2020

I’ll be honest.... I lazily perused the 5A Division I threads.  I didn’t pour over them by any stretch. 

I spent most of my time and attention on the Div II threads. 

I stay in my lane as much as I can.  Keeps me out of trouble.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

those ain't the quotes I am referring too,  you seem to have selectively looked over all the other trolling done but its cool. I know your position.

Its done and over. Both teams are packing up pads and several players are  bringing out the round balls.  good luck to the rest of east tx in 2019 and good luck to all in 2020

Just fake. When i wasn’t being honest about your program, you didn’t have a problem with me. Now I be honest about what i watched from JT this season and say y’all aren’t that good, then boom you’re a hater!  This is your karma! Lol...like I’m playing. 

You better look at your own program and the mess it’s going through before you start talking about karma. 

Dang.....

Its hard to be excited about our win when everybody has the Knives Out (premiering soon by the way) .    Very excited that we pulled off a win against Lufkin. It wasn't like we were rushing to Vegas to put money on it though.  I have favorites (sorry T High fans but I've always liked the Lobos) and less favorites but I don't feel the need to go after teams publicly. People I know & text know what programs I don't like. But  I know its a forum & smack is good.   But they are all highschool kids...…. I respect the programs.     Every base has some fans that push the line.  

• Like 1

On 11/13/2019 at 4:20 PM, 68Hornet said:

Even if the safety doesn't come up, who is going to say he makes the tackle on the receiver.

You may well be right.  However,  it helps when there is somebody within 20 yards to the receiver.  If he had stayed home that play would not have worked.  By the way,  I was on the field during that play,  were you?