🔥 Impact the Chad Morris firing has on high school ball?

justafan

41 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

he coached SMU...its in Highland Park...know your geography

Did he drop below the 1 million dollars in wages earned? No! See I don’t feel sorry for him or the the dueling banjo boys from Arkansas that gave up their millions to run him off. See how easy that is not to care? 

• Stinks 1

2 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Before I saw your post, I was going to say that...I could about only think he would take a job like that. He'd about guarantee more state championships, so to continue his reputation as a stud HS coach in Texas and he'd get paid mint money and being it was HS...it probably wouldn't be anything Arkie could debate the contract with. The college job "of any kind" is why Arkansas is pretending to balk on paying Bielema. 

On the other hand, I'm not sure that Jeff Traylor had a multi-year contract. That's not the norm outside coordinators...even with the stud guys, which he has that rep. He wants to be in college and making over $400k, I don't think going back to Texas HS would be the thing. If he did...Turner might be ready to walk away at Gilmer and they would bounce his pay rate up to $130-plus...the GHS coaching staff would change drastically and the team would again start moving in a wildly different way and the power shift in ET would again vortex. I am more in the boat that he wants to be a college HC, so he will continue moving in that manner...

I know a college in Texas at the FCS level that pays its head coach at the 400k level and could be opening depending on several factors. 

Just now, Coach0001 said:

I know a college in Texas at the FCS level that pays its head coach at the 400k level and could be opening depending on several factors. 

He would probably be interested in Sam Houston if that was the one...them being a perennial power and always pushing to the playoffs...playoffs (I heard Jim Mora for a second) 

1 minute ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

He would probably be interested in Sam Houston if that was the one...them being a perennial power and always pushing to the playoffs...playoffs (I heard Jim Mora for a second) 

I would think so I am sure it will generate a lot of interest if it did open for many reasons.

3 semi finals and 2 National Championships games in the last 8 years

Best record of any team in FCS in this decade not named North Dakota State 

I would love to see what he could do with it.  I think it would probably be a short stay with success and he would be on to FBS and that would be ok.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheShadowKnows said:

@CoachPelvisPresley  at no point did I say anything about the location of HP in relationship to Arkansas, so stop jumping to conclusions. So when you go to the library check yourself out a book on reading comprehension. Once you get done with your drag queen story hour, of course.  

actually you said Coach Morris NEVER coached at Highland Park and so he could never go back there...and that had never been stated by anyone. what HAD been said was his family still has their home there and lives there (son plays there currently)...so it would be a natural fit to move there and possibly take a position for a historic coach that retired.

• LOL! 1

5 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

actually you said Coach Morris NEVER coached at Highland Park and so he could never go back there...and that had never been stated by anyone. what HAD been said was his family still has their home there and lives there (son plays there currently)...so it would be a natural fit to move there and possibly take a position for a historic coach that retired.

While your in town, going to the Library for that reading comprehension book, go buy yourself the Memory game.  Here is a u-tube video to help you get started. lol

2 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Fayetteville hasn't got 1/100 of 1% of the things Dallas has...and then when it comes to Highland Park, lord have mercy. They have lived in a super nice area of Austin and now one of the nicest areas of the United States...much less Dallas. Fayetteville is freaking boring!!! Why would they go there aside from to catch dad's ballgames on Saturdays or family events?   

Dont most universities that pay a Coach $4-$5 million a year expect him and his family to be a part of that community? College station is boring, Tuscaloosa is boring, Manhattan KS is boring. I can go on and on but that doesn't change the fact that him and his family didn't ever completely buy in. You seem to be buddies with Jeff. Do you think his wife wanted to leave Lake Travis for Fayetville ? Hell no, and he's an assistant. What message does it send when the Face of the program cant even get his wife and kids to live there?

57 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Dont most universities that pay a Coach $4-$5 million a year expect him and his family to be a part of that community? College station is boring, Tuscaloosa is boring, Manhattan KS is boring. I can go on and on but that doesn't change the fact that him and his family didn't ever completely buy in. You seem to be buddies with Jeff. Do you think his wife wanted to leave Lake Travis for Fayetville ? Hell no, and he's an assistant. What message does it send when the Face of the program cant even get his wife and kids to live there?

I don't think she did move to Fayetteville either did she? The daughter was still playing high level volleyball on a team in Texas...so I thought they were pretty much just doing a lot of family get togethers and hook ups. 

Yes, normally I would say a university wants you in that community. I have been involved in three universities and only lived in the actual town 1 time...lived in a town about 25 miles away once and about 20 miles away another. Main thing...they want the family heavily bought in and yes, that's tough for them to be when they are all still in the Dallas hill estates or Austin lake estates. That being said...I do believe the thought process was "we're working our a$$es off 24/7 recruiting and building this thing right now and it may be that way for 3 plus years, so if it takes y'all a few years to get here then OK...we'll work it out" --> I think I may have been thinking in that thought process from a coaches standpoint...that's had to negotiate it with a mama before --> and actually lost a marriage (and a big time college job opportunity over that lost marriage) because I couldn't negotiate it well enough in another state.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

The FCS teams in Texas:

SF Austin

Sam Houston

Lamar

Houston Baptist

Incarnate Word

Abilene Christian

Prairie View A&M

Texas Southern

Texas State

Actually Take Texas State off that list they are FBS and add Tarleton going up this next year

5 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

I don't think she did move to Fayetteville either did she? The daughter was still playing high level volleyball on a team in Texas...so I thought they were pretty much just doing a lot of family get togethers and hook ups. 

Yes, normally I would say a university wants you in that community. I have been involved in three universities and only lived in the actual town 1 time...lived in a town about 25 miles away once and about 20 miles away another. Main thing...they want the family heavily bought in and yes, that's tough for them to be when they are all still in the Dallas hill estates or Austin lake estates. That being said...I do believe the thought process was "we're working our a$$es off 24/7 recruiting and building this thing right now and it may be that way for 3 plus years, so if it takes y'all a few years to get here then OK...we'll work it out" --> I think I may have been thinking in that thought process from a coaches standpoint...that's had to negotiate it with a mama before --> and actually lost a marriage (and a big time college job opportunity over that lost marriage) because I couldn't negotiate it well enough in another state.

She moved

• Like 1

Jeff could have stayed at UT he was offered late. He more than likely can stay in Fayetteville. It’s difficult when one is used to running the show not to get to run the show. Hopefully he will land somewhere they both like. Or he could come on back to Gilmer and let her live in the city somewhere. But idk how anyone takes that kind of pay cut   Geez. He’s bankin 

6 hours ago, Maineman1988 said:

Jeff could have stayed at UT he was offered late. He more than likely can stay in Fayetteville. It’s difficult when one is used to running the show not to get to run the show. Hopefully he will land somewhere they both like. Or he could come on back to Gilmer and let her live in the city somewhere. But idk how anyone takes that kind of pay cut   Geez. He’s bankin 

No...Coach Traylor was not retained at Texas and never offered by Coach Tom Herman when he took over after Texas fired Charlie Strong.

As a matter of fact...Herman "cleaned house" when he got the job at Texas ! 

Not one single Coach was kept or offered by Herman !

2 hours ago, RandyJohnson said:

No...Coach Traylor was not retained at Texas and never offered by Coach Tom Herman when he took over after Texas fired Charlie Strong.

Not 100% factual. Coach Traylor's son was a Graduate assistant under Strong. Herman retained him as a Offensive GA. I believe he was the only one that stayed. 

14 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Not 100% factual. Coach Traylor's son was a Graduate assistant under Strong. Herman retained him as a Offensive GA. I believe he was the only one that stayed. 

Of the PAID Coaching Staff...not one single one was retained !

GA's are typically (always) students...which are totally under the University's degree planned auspices !

Herman had no alternative but to keep any such person.

That's a fact...sir !

3 hours ago, RandyJohnson said:

I agree with most of what you said but He was asked to stay 

2 hours ago, RandyJohnson said:

Of the PAID Coaching Staff...not one single one was retained !

GA's are typically (always) students...which are totally under the University's degree planned auspices !

Herman had no alternative but to keep any such person.

That's a fact...sir !

That's not what you said though. GA"s are paid at Texas, but I understand your point. 

37 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

That's not what you said though. GA"s are paid at Texas, but I understand your point. 

Well when I was a student at The University of Texas in Austin the GA's did NOT get "paid" a salary. Of course, that was during the '80's  BUT I highly doubt they get "paid" a salary...still.

It's entirely possible that may have changed. However, since they're "students" it's more than likely they receive a "stipend" which isn't the same thing...ok ?

I think if J Traylor can get a few more years under his belt, and when Herman is finally let go. Just don't think he will be the one to get Texas to the glory days, J Traylor will then come back and get that job. As a non loving Texas fan, he has what it takes to get them to the top, js. 

• LOL! 2