Henderson vs Midlothian Heritage. Friday Night Tyler Rose Stadium

JCLIONS99

Just now, Eaglesone said:

I don't think anyone from the "DOD" was going to make an argument that they were that this year.  Very weak district this year.  

With what may be the best team in the state in the district.  Carthage and Palestine are still left.  

Just now, Eaglesone said:

The only problem with is carthage because they are the best of the best.  I think it can be said they didn't play anyone in district though.  

Yes Carthage is the best, Henderson has been good for the past 4 or 5. Kilgore has been up and down. Don’t think this is the DOD right now.

1 minute ago, Eaglesone said:

The only problem with is carthage because they are the best of the best.  I think it can be said they didn't play anyone in district though.  

That’s been said before...and Then a team from our district made it 4 rounds deep.  Didn’t have tough districts for a few of the state championship runs. 
Played a pretty tough non-district schedule.

It can also be said that this program has been there plenty. This staff takes no one for granted and will have the kids ready.

Just now, JBizzle said:

That’s been said before...and Then a team from our district made it 4 rounds deep.  Didn’t have tough districts for a few of the state championship runs. 
Played a pretty tough non-district schedule.

It can also be said that this program has been there plenty. This staff takes no one for granted and will have the kids ready.

I have no argument there.  

Just it is time to drop the DOD bs until your district falls in line.  I qualify this with saying in the last ten years i have watched 4 teams out of that district play each other for state championships.  The DOD doesnt work now.  A team out of 7 that smoked Gilmer and played to within 4 points of PG and was the 4 seed in district 7 got beat by Alvarado.  

• Thumbs Down 1

25 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

My take...down the stretch Hendersons play calling got way to conservative late in the game. Too much reliance on the athletic ability of #8 and #12. Oh well, it was an entertaining game. Good luck to Carthage and Pali the rest of the way.

Don't imagine many from Henderson share your same sentiments about good luck to Carthage. That's like the Yankees rooting for the Red Sox or the Longhorns rooting for UO.

I don't think you can take anything away from Henderson. They played the district champion from that district and took a very good Heritage team that reached the third or fourth round just a year ago  to OT. That's not a bad way to end the season.

18 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

So much for the DOD!!! LOLOL!!!