Gilmer vs Farmersville

gilmerstar

A few observations. 

1. Probably the worst team Gilmer has played this year. In the first round of the playoffs. 

2. Gilmer passing game has looked much better recently. I don’t know if it’s the competition or not, but the passing game is much sharper. More accurate and more consistent. 

3. Gilmer still needs to clean up some mistakes. Penalties at bad times still could cost them against a good team. But they have cleaned up some of their other mistakes. 

We will see what happens next week, but this was a good game. Easy victory, lots of kids got to play, and no injuries. 

On 11/12/2019 at 5:41 PM, Blazin97 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me at all. Sunnyvale is the only team from district 5 I give a chance of winning but Pittsburg will give them a good fight. 

Sunnyvale 25 Pittsburg 13...Final

48 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

Pitt has the Jekyll and Hyde syndrome.  One week they can play with anybody.  The next week they lay an egg.  I think they "could've" beaten Sunnyvale if the Jekyll would've showed up.

No they couldn't have.  Without a flukey 96 yard int for a TD it would have been 32-6.  Their only offensive TD was basically a hail mary with under a minute on the clock.  Sunnyvale was clearly the better team.  Pitt's offense isn't good enough and Sunnyvale wore down a good Pttt defense.  IMHO, Sunnyvale wins this game 10 out of 10 times.

25 minutes ago, yukoncornelius said:

No they couldn't have.  Without a flukey 96 yard int for a TD it would have been 32-6.  Their only offensive TD was basically a hail mary with under a minute on the clock.  Sunnyvale was clearly the better team.  Pitt's offense isn't good enough and Sunnyvale wore down a good Pttt defense.  IMHO, Sunnyvale wins this game 10 out of 10 times.

You could be right, but Pitt laid an egg in this one.  Pitt just doesn't have any depth, so wearing them down is not hard to do if you have numbers.

26 minutes ago, yukoncornelius said:

Black flag said “could’ve”. I tend to agree. 5-0 at half and less than a 2 TD score win? 10 out of 10? High school young men?  

11 minutes ago, PantherDadSH said:

Black flag said “could’ve”. I tend to agree. 5-0 at half and less than a 2 TD score win? 10 out of 10? High school young men?  

They were 0-0 with Gilmer at half.  Any doubts Gilmer would beat them 10 out of 10 times?  Nothing against Pitt.  I really like their team.  But, they just don't have the offensive firepower to beat good teams.  Awesome defense though.  Wish I could have seen their other linebacker play.

2 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Who actually thought Pitt was going to win?

I had Sunnyvale winning in my brackets, so, no surprise for me.  Pitt only has about 26 players on varsity, with at least 6 or 7 going both ways.  I felt like they would get worn down in the second half.

• Like 1