🔥 Arkansas fires Chad Morris

trueblue82

• Mr. P changed the title to 🔥 Arkansas fires Chad Morris
23 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

I know Coach O was at the high school two Fridays ago.  Heard he was after the big tackle.

Probably he was uncommitted .  I would guess they wouldn't mind having Dixon as long as they aren't loaded in that area. Never turn away a good linemen.

23 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Is Traylor the Coach now? I know it ain't Chavis lol.

I saw somewhere that Arkie has cleaned house except for someone who was there pre-Morris. Not sure how true that is. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

Believe he turned it down to stay at Arkansas.  This is Carthels 1st year at SFA. 

SFA could not pay Traylor he made much more as and assistant at Ark

I assume he still has a year on his Ark contract so he might could take a year off also and wait for whatever job he wants

2 hours ago, AKA said:

I saw somewhere that Arkie has cleaned house except for someone who was there pre-Morris. Not sure how true that is. 

Morris is the only one who has been fired. Barry Lunney is the interim, he played qb at Arkansas in the early 90s and has coached the tight ends the past few years. 

hopefully whoever they hire realizes that Traylor is a major key to them being able to recruit in Texas. 

With all that i say bring the pirate to the hill.

Image result for mike leach pirate

Dennis Dodd’s Top 7 for the Arkansas job.

Mike Norvell Memphis HC

Bill Clark UAB HC 

Eli Drinkwitz App State HC

Mike Leach Washington State HC

Billy Napier UL- Lafayette HC

Tom Allen Indiana HC

Sonny Dykes SMU HC

Mike Leach would seem like a good fit. Arkansas is the outpost of SEC football. Leach has been successful in Lubbock and Pullman. He can pull in 3* recruits to those type of places, coach’em up and be a consistent bowl team with the possibility to throw in a top 25 team every couple years. 

Bill Clark might not be a bad second option. Guy took over a mothballed football program and went 8-5, 11-3 in their first two years back. If Arkansas wanted to look at a coach who can build a program this might be their guy. 

Arkansas made a huge mistake firing Morris at this time.  Even if it was inevitable they are telling all coaches you will not be given adequate time to get your guys in place to be successful.  Now hiring the absolute right guy is a must.  I’m talking about a huge splash that can turn it around fast. Not Norvell.  Not any hot item mid major coach. Not Gus Malzhan.  I’m talking they’re needing to land a big fish that’ll demand a Jimbo Fisher type contract.  I’m talking urban Meyer, bob Stoops, dabo swinney. Heck even consider Les Miles!!!  That’s how bad Arkansas has screwed the pooch here.  They’re about to be paying two coaches not to coach and a third one hoping he doesn’t ####.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Stoney said:

Dennis Dodd’s Top 7 for the Arkansas job.

Mike Norvell Memphis HC

Bill Clark UAB HC 

Eli Drinkwitz App State HC

Mike Leach Washington State HC

Billy Napier UL- Lafayette HC

Tom Allen Indiana HC

Sonny Dykes SMU HC

Mike Leach would seem like a good fit. Arkansas is the outpost of SEC football. Leach has been successful in Lubbock and Pullman. He can pull in 3* recruits to those type of places, coach’em up and be a consistent bowl team with the possibility to throw in a top 25 team every couple years. 

Bill Clark might not be a bad second option. Guy took over a mothballed football program and went 8-5, 11-3 in their first two years back. If Arkansas wanted to look at a coach who can build a program this might be their guy. 

Norvell will be much more likely to go to FSU than Arkansas.

Drinkwitz doubtful to leave App State for Arkansas

Leach has hurt himself this last half season

Clark is too near retirement...he's DANG OLD!!!

Dykes probably won't make same mistake Morris did and neither will Arkansas

31 minutes ago, TxFight said:

I think this is the year Leach comes back to warm weather...he has shown in the recent past (Tennessee) that he wants to come back this way. Arkansas would be a good spot for him to land IMO

I didn’t know Leach practically had the Tennessee job before Fulmer got the AD fired and took his job.

1 hour ago, TxFight said:

Everything I've read says that he was all in on it. That's why I think he is ready to leave Washington State

yep, he's always wanted something "bigger and more football oriented, and probably in the south".

I also crack up every time I read anything on Arkansas when they list Gus Malzahn as a possible coach for the Hogs. Seriously, look at this...why would a person comparatively leave Auburn for Arkansas? Now if he was jobless, then sure, but that's not happening and he is not going to leave a higher paying job for a lower paying...nor a place that would be tougher to recruit to...has less "stuff"...the surrounding town (Fayetteville is a pit) and area has a heck of a lot less (drive within an hour as well in any direction from Auburn and you have a ton of stuff - most importantly Atlanta).

18 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

I’m talking they’re needing to land a big fish that’ll demand a Jimbo Fisher type contract.  I’m talking urban Meyer, bob Stoops, dabo swinney. Heck even consider Les Miles!!!  That’s how bad Arkansas has screwed the pooch here. 

Dude, no offense...and I know how it sounds when people say no offense --> what "big fish" is even going to take a call from Arkansas? Les Miles would be the only one possibly and sad to say...Kansas may be a better situation at this point than Arkansas because the Big 12 has a better shot at some point to win or build a winner than Arkansas in their side of the SEC.

Who else?

Art Briles (if you want to get after it), Mike Leach, Houston Nutt, Rick Neuheisel, Bobby Petrino

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Dude, no offense...and I know how it sounds when people say no offense --> what "big fish" is even going to take a call from Arkansas? Les Miles would be the only one possibly and sad to say...Kansas may be a better situation at this point than Arkansas because the Big 12 has a better shot at some point to win or build a winner than Arkansas in their side of the SEC.

Who else?

Art Briles (if you want to get after it), Mike Leach, Houston Nutt, Rick Neuheisel, Bobby Petrino

I agree about the big fish. I'm not even sure Leach would take this job. Briles would probably take it, but cant imagine them offering him. Arkansas needs to come to the realization of where the program is and what its become.