Astros Stealing Signs?

Stoney

8 hours ago, Wild74 said:

I would rather lose the last game of the WS than not have been there at all. Houston played the last game of the season and they have done it three times now I am ready for the 4th time. Houston is good they don't need to cheat to win

That’s debatable. The year they are being accused of stealing signs is the year they won the World Series. Maybe they should’ve done it this year or at least done a better job. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1

1 hour ago, ClawNAntler said:

Wow so is it ok to hide a camera in a girls locker room? Is that ok to do? Using technology to steal signs is cheating. I think you would have to question the Astros integrity if this turns out to be true

Apples and oranges sherlock.......I don't question their integrity one little bit.......they are paid to win, they won......

• Like 1
  • Stinks 2

Just now, ClawNAntler said:

so the Astros cheat in more ways than just stealing signs

Your hatred of the Astros has blinded your partially much like a democrat watching CNN being accused of cheating is not the same as cheating those who watch CNN believe what they are saying while CNN is hoping what they are saying is true same here those who dislike the Astros hope they cheated that can explain why they kicked butt all season but they are just good and will be good next year

7 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Your hatred of the Astros has blinded your partially much like a democrat watching CNN being accused of cheating is not the same as cheating those who watch CNN believe what they are saying while CNN is hoping what they are saying is true same here those who dislike the Astros hope they cheated that can explain why they kicked butt all season but they are just good and will be good next year

actually I don't hate the Astros but I do hate cheaters. maybe you are just still butt hurt over your Astros coming up short this year

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

2 hours ago, ClawNAntler said:

actually I don't hate the Astros but I do hate cheaters. maybe you are just still butt hurt over your Astros coming up short this year

Don't be silly this is not about coming up short it is about you hoping they cheated, we did come up a game short maybe we didn't cheat good enough but even though we came up short we didn't come up as short as some

On 11/14/2019 at 5:43 PM, JohnnyFootball said:

First, the allegations were in the 2017 season, not the 2019 season. Fiers wasn't there in the 2019 season. That said, there was pretty clear evidence that it happened in 2019 too. 

Second, they didn't do well against the Nationals because the Nationals got wind of the cheating and constantly changed their signs up. I can't remember which player said it, but they came out and said that they changed their signs a lot.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/mlb/sign-stealing-in-the-world-series-the-nationals-had-a-plan-just-in-case/2019/11/13/f8bdce7a-0640-11ea-8292-c46ee8cb3dce_story.html

Third, the line about "even if they were stealing signs, they don't know where the pitch will be", that's irrelevant. They clearly and knowingly broke rules. You're right- that doesn't guarantee a hit or a win (as the Nationals proved), but it does give them an advantage and it IS against the rules. 

And since you asked, here are postseason numbers from a few guys that year:

Altuve:

Home- .472 BA/.513 OBP/1.028 SLG/1.541 OPS, 17H, 6HR, 12RBI

Away- .143 BA/.268 OBP/.229SLG/.497 OPS, 5H, 1HR, 2RBI

Correa:

Home- .371 BA/.421 OBP/.743 SLG/1.164 OPS, 13H, 3HR, 10RBI

Away- .211 BA/.231 OBP/.395 SLG/.626 OPS, 8H, 2HR, 4RBI

There are others that I don't feel like typing up right now, but something like 6 of the 9 guys have drastically different numbers  at home vs on the road.

Also consider that the Astros went from the WORST team in the league at making contact in 2016 to being the BEST team at making contact in 2017. And they went from the 3rd worst team at swings and misses to being the best. There weren't that many personnel changes, and they didn't get a new hitting coach, did they? Either way, that's quite a drastic change. 

The point I was trying to make between the 2017 World Series and the 2019 World Series is if the Astros were cheating they would have been able to figure out the changes in the signs from game to game.  I played for a guy that didn't use signs, but numbers on a board back in the day, and he would change the signs for each game as well.  Over the course of a 9 inning game, the opposing team could have easily figured out what those numbers meant.  Now I'm thinking about Wiley the coach of the baseball team that was always flashing various signs with the B.C. comic strip, he even did it in his sleep.  Yet, neither team could win a game at home where there is a supposed home field advantage.  

I think Domingo Ayala explains it best :  

2 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

The point I was trying to make between the 2017 World Series and the 2019 World Series is if the Astros were cheating they would have been able to figure out the changes in the signs from game to game.  I played for a guy that didn't use signs, but numbers on a board back in the day, and he would change the signs for each game as well.  Over the course of a 9 inning game, the opposing team could have easily figured out what those numbers meant.  Now I'm thinking about Wiley the coach of the baseball team that was always flashing various signs with the B.C. comic strip, he even did it in his sleep.  Yet, neither team could win a game at home where there is a supposed home field advantage.  

I think Domingo Ayala explains it best :  

LOL:rofl:

16 hours ago, ClawNAntler said:

Actually and respectfully you do appear to hate the Astros.  That's ok.....they are your rivals.  You always only show up to post when the Astros aren't doing well and you hang around with half compliments & subtle digs while riding the fence "hoping" we lose...…...   You hate cheaters......but you are ok with a cocaine manager, a drug addict Hambone, and a thug 2nd baseman who's claim to fame is punching somebody over a bat-flip in a huge playoff win when he does it routinely.     Just own the hatred brother   :)

• LOL! 1

5 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

Actually and respectfully you do appear to hate the Astros.  That's ok.....they are your rivals.  You always only show up to post when the Astros aren't doing well and you hang around with half compliments & subtle digs while riding the fence "hoping" we lose...…...   You hate cheaters......but you are ok with a cocaine manager, a drug addict Hambone, and a thug 2nd baseman who's claim to fame is punching somebody over a bat-flip in a huge playoff win when he does it routinely.     Just own the hatred brother   :)

👍 I’m glad you know me so well Lol!

1 hour ago, THSfanatic said:

It’s all good 

Astros are my 2nd favorite team but yes I don’t pull for them as hard as I do the Rangers. I was definitely hoping for a seven game series and I got it and a couple of the nationals players I really had to pull for they are good guys. Got to admire Rendon because his faith comes before baseball 

8 hours ago, ClawNAntler said:

Astros are my 2nd favorite team but yes I don’t pull for them as hard as I do the Rangers. I was definitely hoping for a seven game series and I got it and a couple of the nationals players I really had to pull for they are good guys. Got to admire Rendon because his faith comes before baseball 

I can't think of a single player on the Nationals I don't like and Rendon is the top of my list of favorites on that team IMO...….   And I can only think of 1 Ranger .     And to be truthful I can think of 2 Astros I'm not not crazy about.    To me its about who do you really wanna beat the most.  And that's the Rangers for me.  Doesn't mean I don't like'em. Geography and the fact they beat the #### out of us for years.      

1 hour ago, THSfanatic said:

I can't think of a single player on the Nationals I don't like and Rendon is the top of my list of favorites on that team IMO...….   And I can only think of 1 Ranger .     And to be truthful I can think of 2 Astros I'm not not crazy about.    To me its about who do you really wanna beat the most.  And that's the Rangers for me.  Doesn't mean I don't like'em. Geography and the fact they beat the #### out of us for years.      

Yeah you have to enjoy winning while you can. I’m sure the Astros will drop off in the next few years. Hard to keep all the good players together for long. 

On 11/14/2019 at 8:35 PM, Wild74 said:

Are you privy to the evidence, I haven't seen any I heard accusations but once you start winning a lot of people can't acept it so they come up with things that is ridiculous to the outrageous  

Yes. Go to literally any Astros home game on YouTube and watch when they're batting. I can link tons of timestamps if you'd like. 

• Stinks 1

On 11/14/2019 at 9:21 PM, THSfanatic said:

Another inconvenient truth for you...   How many years does it take for Fiers to grow a conscience  …...answer:    at least two   :lol::lol:

See, you're trying to deflect blame onto another player. That's fine- Fiers can be a bad guy and the Astros can be a shameful ballclub for their cheating. Their fans don't have to be awful humans too... It's not hard to say, "Man, if that's true, I'm disappointed."

• Stinks 1