Astros Stealing Signs?

Stoney

15 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Not to be rude, but what difference does it really matter if you know pitch is coming, you still have to put the bat on the ball and hit the darn thing. SMFH

While football teams do the exact thing daily--look for ways to see what play is coming. I know that some high school teams are watching the coaches on the sidelines to see what signals are coming to find out what play is about to be run. Your defense still has to stop the play, whether or not  you know its coming. But this is everyone gets a trophy mentality. "You figured out a way to beat us, it's not fair." 

Amen......this shows clearly and distinctly the difference between a football mentality and a snowflake baseball mentality........

5 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I don't see how anyone can steal signs and do anything with the information,  even if they think they know what pitch is coming, fast enough to relay the information to the batter in time for him to process the information and make any difference  ...  this is total :BS:

The answer is they can't, MLB could have stopped all of this from happening by putting a delay on the camera signal that even the dugouts can get until after the pitch. Problem solved 

3 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

The answer is they can't, MLB could have stopped all of this from happening by putting a delay on the camera signal that even the dugouts can get until after the pitch. Problem solved 

Exactly....It ain't like they sent a video crew to the teams games or to their practices..........:rofl:

7 hours ago, DoubleTeam said:

Hearing a trash can being hit 1-2 seconds before the pitcher starts his pitch or trying to pickup the rotation of the baseball after the pitch is pitched. That’s a big differences. Huge advantage for the hitter. 

In the game of baseball if you score 30% on your test you're an All Star, and if you can do it over your entire career your a HOF'er.  It's not as huge of an advantage in the Major Leagues.  That isn't Little League baseball.  They can throw some of the wickedest pitches that make even major league batters knee's buckle.  Even if they knew it was a fastball coming they wouldn't know the location or speed.  Check out the Astros batting stats for 2017, and they're not that great.  Sure they cut down on their strikeouts that I had been complaining about in past years, but that's plate discipline.  

21 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Mets suspicious that Dodgers are stealing signs: 'I think they have a system'

https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/mets-suspicious-that-dodgers-are-stealing-signs-i-think-they-have-a-system/307580492

John 8: 7.....let he who is without sin cast the first stone.......Dodgers don't fit the bill to be throwing stones.......

• LOL! 1

On 11/13/2019 at 9:35 AM, topher805 said:

Old news. Don't care. Everyone steals signs. The article in The Athletic that blew this up talked about all teams doing this, and it being a league-wide problem, but the Astros are taking the brunt of this. 

Only thing I'm curious about is whether or not Fiers is so offended that he is willing to return his World Series Champions ring...

It's been going on since they first started making signs for both pitches, hitting, and base running. What is sort of amazing is there isn't a rule against stealing signs, but using electronic devices.  Anyone that thinks sign stealing doesn't happen at every level hasn't played baseball for more than their initial four years in Little League, before reaching Pony League level which is called Intermediate League by some.  In Babe Ruth League Baseball it would be the Cal Ripken formerly the Bambino Division Major 70.  

The only reason I think they're making a big whoop out of this is because the Astros and then the Red Sox won the World Series.  I did see Carlos Beltran either stepped down or was let go by the Mets.  I actually think Luhnow and Hinch could file a lawsuit if they wanted to since there isn't a specific written rule regarding it.  Hinch did try to reign it in, but it would have been bad for the clubhouse.  As I've pointed out before offensive stats did not go up for the Astros in a large enough degree to impose the sanctions.   

5 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I wonder if they'll file a lawsuit as the New Orleans Saints fans did last year against the NFL.  Nothing is going to change.  

Hope not but wouldn't work out anyways. I mean wouldn't it be like Hesiman with Reggie Bush. NCAA had no Hesiman that year . Vince young didn't win it after the fact.

55 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Glad you post this before quoting scripture. Smh

God has never condemned spies.  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Joshua+2&version=GW  .  Rahab was justified in the New Testament as well.  Rahab was a distant Grandmother of our Savior Matthew 1:1-25 and James 2:25.  

Show me in MLB scripture (rule book) where stealing signs is prohibited before you cast your stone.   

6072B703-2121-445E-A6F5-6D224C1F7FFE.jpeg

Mike Trout’s doing HGH. Astros and other teams have buzzers under their uniforms signaling pitches. I’m just sitting back with my popcorn watching an entire league throw everybody under the bus. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

2 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

God has never condemned spies.  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Joshua+2&version=GW  .  Rahab was justified in the New Testament as well.  Rahab was a distant Grandmother of our Savior Matthew 1:1-25 and James 2:25.  

Show me in MLB scripture (rule book) where stealing signs is prohibited before you cast your stone.   

Stealing signs is not prohibited, but using electronic devises to do so is TABOO according to the Commissioner of Major League Baseball.