The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Stoney

Astros Stealing Signs?

1 minute ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

:sleep:

Sorry- that's just kinda the thing that determines whether a team is cheating or not... You know... What this thread is about? 

Have you ever complained about the Patriots cheating? 

• Stinks 1

Just now, JohnnyFootball said:

Sorry- that's just kinda the thing that determines whether a team is cheating or not... You know... What this thread is about? 

Have you ever complained about the Patriots cheating? 

36 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I accept your admission of defeat. 

Anyone else want a go?

On 11/13/2019 at 7:41 AM, WestHardinfan1 said:

Grow up snowflakes and stop whining......I STOLE SIGNS IN HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL......It's a part of the game....don't want your signs stolen? Be more intelligent with them.......

So if the Rangers , Cards , Yanks did that ( those teams you hate) did that would the narrative change. I honestly curious .

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 2

Stealing signs is a you problem. 

Using technology is a competitive advantage.

Cheating is cheating no matter if you benefit from it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1

Now are they gonna pull the same punishment on the Red Sox and Yankees?

15 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Not even a punishment....without Hinch giving away 15 wins this year, we may break last years win record........:rofl:

26 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I haven’t seen a report of any players or former players accusing these two teams of stealing electronic signals they will need a Benedict Arnold like Friers to spill the beans 

Mike Fiers talked about how they cheated, and MLB acted after confirming it completely that there was cheating going on...not sure if that means their title will be taken. Is he a 'hero' or a 'snitch'? 

https://sports.yahoo.com/hero-or-snitch-baseballs-mixed-feelings-on-whistleblower-mike-fiers-140043341.html

My father in law likes to wave off steroids as having any real wrong to them, as he claims he once visited a MLB clubhouse where they were hanging out amphetamines like candy back in the 60s! 

• Like 2

If you aint' cheatin, you ain't tryin........:rofl:

• Stinks 1

32 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

My father in law likes to wave off steroids as having any real wrong to them, as he claims he once visited a MLB clubhouse where they were hanging out amphetamines like candy back in the 60s! 

I bet it WAS wild back then.....lol....

Hinch cost us at least 15 games a year because of stupid decisions......he won't be missed by me.........

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 1:38 PM, BarryLaverty said:

Mike Fiers talked about how they cheated, and MLB acted after confirming it completely that there was cheating going on...not sure if that means their title will be taken. Is he a 'hero' or a 'snitch'? 

https://sports.yahoo.com/hero-or-snitch-baseballs-mixed-feelings-on-whistleblower-mike-fiers-140043341.html

What's ironic is that the guilty  party appears to be getting away with it with Cora and Beltran similar to Trump's impeachment with Clinton and Comey.  Hinch and Luhnow were thrown and the bus and an attempt on President Trump is going on, when the one's that did the wrong doing may only get a slap on the wrist.  

You get caught you pay the price.    Now let's see how they handle the Red Sox.

• Stinks 1

They didnt do anything that Belichick doesnt do every week......the difference is between a FOOTBALL mindset and a baseball mindset......

Glad I stayed off that bandwagon.  Go Rangers!

• Like 1

I don't see how anyone can steal signs and do anything with the information,  even if they think they know what pitch is coming, fast enough to relay the information to the batter in time for him to process the information and make any difference  ...  this is total :BS:

41 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I don't see how anyone can steal signs and do anything with the information,  even if they think they know what pitch is coming, fast enough to relay the information to the batter in time for him to process the information and make any difference  ...  this is total :BS:

They didn't do anything that Belichick doesn't do on a weekly basis....this just shows the difference between a football brain and a baseball lack of one.....

Hearing a trash can being hit 1-2 seconds before the pitcher starts his pitch or trying to pickup the rotation of the baseball after the pitch is pitched. That’s a big differences. Huge advantage for the hitter. 

• Like 1

Not to be rude, but what difference does it really matter if you know pitch is coming, you still have to put the bat on the ball and hit the darn thing. SMFH

While football teams do the exact thing daily--look for ways to see what play is coming. I know that some high school teams are watching the coaches on the sidelines to see what signals are coming to find out what play is about to be run. Your defense still has to stop the play, whether or not  you know its coming. But this is everyone gets a trophy mentality. "You figured out a way to beat us, it's not fair." 

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Not to be rude, but what difference does it really matter if you know pitch is coming, you still have to put the bat on the ball and hit the darn thing. SMFH

While football teams do the exact thing daily--look for ways to see what play is coming. I know that some high school teams are watching the coaches on the sidelines to see what signals are coming to find out what play is about to be run. Your defense still has to stop the play, whether or not  you know its coming. But this is everyone gets a trophy mentality. "You figured out a way to beat us, it's not fair." 

Tru up!⚾