7 Utah

14 Wisconsin

19 Iowa

23 App State

X

10 Florida

2 Ohio State

21 minutes ago, headhunter02 said:

That would made NCAA football all the more interesting. Granted they might have to shorten the season or some teams will just have really long seasons. 

Shorten to 10 games like all of the other divisions.  There goes the wasteful games we play against W Carolina and directional Michigan schools

• Like 1

I think you need a 32 team playoff system to include all Conference Champions, Top 25 teams, and utilize all of the bowl games.  Since this year is not complete I'll use last years season for the FBS.  I would have all Conference Champions seeded 1-11 for all the Conferences.  This is how I see it working.  All teams play a Conference schedule except one OOC game to include the 6 Independent Teams which will be 7 next year when UConn joins their ranks.  The season begins on Labor Day Weekend. The season ends on Thanksgiving weekend.  Conference Championships are held at there regular date in December which would be the 6th this year.

1st Round begins December 12th-14th  : Bahamas Bowl  - #1 Alabama vs. #32 Oregon, Frisco Bowl #2 Clemson vs. #31 Buffalo, Celebration Bowl #3 Notre Dame vs. #30 Stanford, New Mexico Bowl #4 Oklahoma vs. # 29 Missouri, Cure Bowl #5 Ohio State vs. #28 Iowa, Boca Raton Bowl #6 UCF vs. #27 Iowa State, Camellia Bowl #7 Washington vs. #26 Northwestern, Las Vegas Bowl #8 Fresno State vs. #25 Mississippi St., New Orleans Bowl #9 UAB vs. #24 Utah, Gasparilla Bowl #10 Appalachian St. vs. # 23 West Virginia, Hawaii Bowl #11 Northern Illinois vs. #22 Boise State, Independence Bowl #12 LSU vs. #21 Army, Quick Lane Bowl #13 Florida vs. #20  Penn St., Military Bowl #14 Texas vs. #19 Texas A&M (Funny how that worked out from last years schedule), Pinstripe Bowl #15 Washington St. vs. #18 Syracuse, Texas Bowl #16 Kentucky vs. #17 Michigan.  

Sweet 16 December 19-21 :  Holiday Bowl #1 Alabama vs.  #25 Mississippi St., Cheez-It Bowl #2 Clemson vs. #22 Boise St., Fiesta Bowl #3 Notre Dame vs. #20 Penn St.,  Peach Bowl #4 Oklahoma vs. #17 Michigan, Camping World Bowl #5 Ohio St. vs. #15 Washington St., Cotton  Bowl #6 UCF vs. #14 Texas, First Responder Bowl #7 Washington vs. #12 LSU, Music City Bowl  #9 UAB vs. #10 App. St.

Big 8 December 26-28 : Redbox Bow #1 Alabama vs.#12 LSU, Liberty Bowl #2 Clemson vs.UAB, Belk Bowl #3 Notre Dame vs. #5 Ohio St., Sun Bowl #4 Oklahoma vs. #6 UCF  . 

Final 4 January 4: Orange Bowl #1 Alabama vs. #6 UCF, Sugar Bowl #2 Clemson vs. #5 Ohio St.

National Championship January 13 :  Rose Bowl #2 Clemson vs. #6 UCF 

This still leaves the Alamo, Citrus, Outback, Birmingham, Gator, Idaho Potato, Armed Forces, Alabama, and Arizona Bowl open for 6, 7, 8, 9 win teams to play.  I would probably add the Gator and Citrus Bowl to the above  bowl games, but I was simply going down the list of bowls that are available.  

12 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I think you need a 32 team playoff system to include all Conference Champions, Top 25 teams, and utilize all of the bowl games.  Since this year is not complete I'll use last years season for the FBS.  I would have all Conference Champions seeded 1-11 for all the Conferences.  This is how I see it working.  All teams play a Conference schedule except one OOC game to include the 6 Independent Teams which will be 7 next year when UConn joins their ranks.  The season begins on Labor Day Weekend. The season ends on Thanksgiving weekend.  Conference Championships are held at there regular date in December which would be the 6th this year.

1st Round begins December 12th-14th  : Bahamas Bowl  - #1 Alabama vs. #32 Oregon, Frisco Bowl #2 Clemson vs. #31 Buffalo, Celebration Bowl #3 Notre Dame vs. #30 Stanford, New Mexico Bowl #4 Oklahoma vs. # 29 Missouri, Cure Bowl #5 Ohio State vs. #28 Iowa, Boca Raton Bowl #6 UCF vs. #27 Iowa State, Camellia Bowl #7 Washington vs. #26 Northwestern, Las Vegas Bowl #8 Fresno State vs. #25 Mississippi St., New Orleans Bowl #9 UAB vs. #24 Utah, Gasparilla Bowl #10 Appalachian St. vs. # 23 West Virginia, Hawaii Bowl #11 Northern Illinois vs. #22 Boise State, Independence Bowl #12 LSU vs. #21 Army, Quick Lane Bowl #13 Florida vs. #20  Penn St., Military Bowl #14 Texas vs. #19 Texas A&M (Funny how that worked out from last years schedule), Pinstripe Bowl #15 Washington St. vs. #18 Syracuse, Texas Bowl #16 Kentucky vs. #17 Michigan.  

Sweet 16 December 19-21 :  Holiday Bowl #1 Alabama vs.  #25 Mississippi St., Cheez-It Bowl #2 Clemson vs. #22 Boise St., Fiesta Bowl #3 Notre Dame vs. #20 Penn St.,  Peach Bowl #4 Oklahoma vs. #17 Michigan, Camping World Bowl #5 Ohio St. vs. #15 Washington St., Cotton  Bowl #6 UCF vs. #14 Texas, First Responder Bowl #7 Washington vs. #12 LSU, Music City Bowl  #9 UAB vs. #10 App. St.

Big 8 December 26-28 : Redbox Bow #1 Alabama vs.#12 LSU, Liberty Bowl #2 Clemson vs.UAB, Belk Bowl #3 Notre Dame vs. #5 Ohio St., Sun Bowl #4 Oklahoma vs. #6 UCF  . 

Final 4 January 4: Orange Bowl #1 Alabama vs. #6 UCF, Sugar Bowl #2 Clemson vs. #5 Ohio St.

National Championship January 13 :  Rose Bowl #2 Clemson vs. #6 UCF 

This still leaves the Alamo, Citrus, Out

Screw the other bowls and top 25 teams...  What you need is a system that rewards the top teams, includes conference champions, and still keeps the other bowls or as I call them "fillers" still in play.  This would work like this:

All conference champs (10 teams)
At large (4 best remaining teams)

How would this work?

Round 1

These will be your 2nd tier high dollar bowls like the Citrus Bowl etc.

#1 Overall Seed vs BYE
#2 Overall Seed vs BYE
Game 1 #3 vs #14  
Game 2 #4 vs #13
Game 3 #5 vs #12
Game 4 #6 vs #11
Game 5 #7 vs #10
Game 6 #8 vs #9

Round 2

All of these will be 4 of your "NY6" site bowls.

Game 7 #1 vs Winner Game 6
Game 8 #2 vs Winner Game 5
Game 9 Winner Game 1 vs Game 4
Game 10  Winner Game 2 vs Game 3

Round 3

These will be the remaining 2 NY6 sites.
Game 7 vs Game 10
Game 8 vs Game 9

Finals

This game will be bid out like the current format.
Game 11 vs Game 12

Now to solve the deal with the remaining bowls.  Bowls like the Independence Bowl etc will still have their bowls in between the playoff games.  So we will still have our Monday-Friday games to keep our football fix going strong.

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

Give me resumes of the following teams over Alabama's...
6-Oregon
7-Utah
8-Penn St
9-OU
10-Minnesota
11-Florida

Uh breaker breaker, it “start”s & ends with a word that sounds close to what I just said...Alabama doesn’t even have a “start”ing QB...Mack Jones ain’t gonna cut it. Not playing the Razorbacks in a SF game, nor Championship game. 

8 teams is plenty.  No need for 32 games. Just look at how diluted the Texas HS playoffs are now.  P5 conference champs, highest ranked G5 conf champ, and use the old bcs formula to figure out the last two spots. That makes the committee obsolete.  Some of you are trying to fix a small problem with huge solutions that are unnecessary 

3 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

8 teams is plenty.  No need for 32 games. Just look at how diluted the Texas HS playoffs are now.  P5 conference champs, highest ranked G5 conf champ, and use the old bcs formula to figure out the last two spots. That makes the committee obsolete.  Some of you are trying to fix a small problem with huge solutions that are unnecessary 

With a 32 team playoff season with  college ball there are no 0-10 teams invited to the dance.  Instead the MAC Conference champion gets knocked out in the first round.  In between you have the other bowl games that shouldn't even be played, just so some teams can get their swag.  If they win their conference they'll get theirs.  I still don't see why anyone would complain about the Top 25 teams in the ending polls along with the Conference Champions shouldn't be given a shot to knock off the "elite".  If they're that good, then they're that good, if not, shut your pie hole and go home before Christmas or New Years.  The closest I have seen was the Sun Belt Conference Championship last year with Appalachian St. beating the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns losing 30 -19.  Appalachian St 11-2. went on to whip 8-6 Middle Tennessee 45-13 in the New Orleans Bowl.  Expand it so even the underdogs can have a chance.  

7 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

With a 32 team playoff season with  college ball there are no 0-10 teams invited to the dance.  Instead the MAC Conference champion gets knocked out in the first round.  In between you have the other bowl games that shouldn't even be played, just so some teams can get their swag.  If they win their conference they'll get theirs.  I still don't see why anyone would complain about the Top 25 teams in the ending polls along with the Conference Champions shouldn't be given a shot to knock off the "elite".  If they're that good, then they're that good, if not, shut your pie hole and go home before Christmas or New Years.  The closest I have seen was the Sun Belt Conference Championship last year with Appalachian St. beating the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns losing 30 -19.  Appalachian St 11-2. went on to whip 8-6 Middle Tennessee 45-13 in the New Orleans Bowl.  Expand it so even the underdogs can have a chance.  

Sorry but the MAC champ doesn’t belong in a playoff.  Once in a Blue Moon you see App State best Michigan, ULM best Bama, etc....  that isn’t the Norm.

those teams, if they truly want a chance at respect, should get in a G5 conference or start winning the one they’re currently in.  Then they’ll have a legit shot at the 8 team playoff.  I was against expanding to 8, but 8 would truly give the G5 a legit option.  Also, if they used the bcs formula and took the highest ranked non champions there is a shot at a second G5 team getting in.  Playoffs are for the best of the best.  The winner should be champions.  Playing teams that finished 3rd in the pac12 or 4th in the ACC waters down a playoff.  If there’s no reason to win a P5 conference then why have them?  

4 hours ago, WETSU said:

32 teams for a playoff??? 🤦🏻‍♂️

We can just have a 8 regular season games with a 128 team (every team makes it) playoff to keep you guys happy. 

Not really far off from that now are we (currently 82 teams make a bowl game)? Not that I'm advocating for a 32 team playoff, just making a point, lol. 

14 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I've taken it...  20/20 vision and my eyes say Bama has only played 1 team capable of challenging anyone in the top 10 and they lost to them.

and that was when they had a CAPABLE, dangerous quarterback...now, they would be a tough push to be a top 10 team with Jones at QB. SEC and Bama homers will flip about that, but it's true. if you say "eye test"...well that the picture everyone "looked at" & tested changed with about 90 seconds left against Hail State. if I "eye test" them the 2nd half of that game, then NO WAY would I have them ahead of many other 1 loss teams...especially not one that have a conference championship trophy too.