2A D1 AREA PLAYOFF: #8 Alto Yellowjackets (11-0) vs. Joaquin Rams (9-2) @ 7:30 p.m. Lufkin’s Abe Martin Stadium - Friday 11/22/19

StingEmALTO

Alto vs. Joaquin  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who advances?

• Alto
    • Joaquin

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/23/2019 at 01:30 AM

6 minutes ago, wolfpack76 said:

I just wasted an hour of my life reading all this mess and I'm not convinced anyone that has commented has a clue who will win this game...Alto rolls in this one and maybe one more then they will be dribbling while SA keeps playing.

Well, that’s all anyone can ask for, right? One game at a time....

28 minutes ago, BleedBlackGoldandWhite said:

That’s fair, I get it.  I have my favorites too. (Though typically I can admit when a team that I’m not particularly crazy about is doing well again, even though I might be secretly disgusted. Ha!) I really don’t think it’s what you say, Gilbert, so much as how you say it. There are a lot of people on here that are admittedly not fans of Alto.  Like one has pointed out before, it’s nice to finally get in a few punches on a team that beat everyone up for years.  You are certainly welcome to your opinion, but as far as backing that opinion up with stats, or this season’s record...well, that’s all you’ve got.  An opinion.  Alto’s record this year and San Augustine’s don’t look too terribly differently. They just don’t.  Whether you think we’re as good as we used to be or not...this team is undefeated.  And they’ve earned that.  I hope they get to play San Augustine, because that means they’ve advanced a couple more weeks.  And that’s something to be proud of.  As far as hanging with the Mighty Wolves,  well, that remains to be seen.  Any given Friday night....you have a nice day, sir.

SA has the entire team returning from a semi finalist year. Plus a very good qb move in from center. Even tho the competition has been subpar it’s hard not to say that they are the best team in region 3. And I support all east Texas teams . Just have a hard time doing it with groveton . I don’t believe groveton is actually as good as people think . Could just be biased 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Alto boys better tighten up jockstraps this week. No more cupcakes with losing records to play in the playoffs 

Who the #### has Joe played? You better tell your bunch to buckle their chin straps, cause we ain’t into that punk stuff! We eat cupcakes like Joe on a weekly basis!

2 minutes ago, Jacket44 said:

Who the #### has Joe played? You better tell your bunch to buckle their chin straps, cause we ain’t into that punk stuff! We eat cupcakes like Joe on a weekly basis!

Correction you eat cupcakes like  Cushing , Hawkins , and union grove on a weekly basis 

• LOL! 1

14 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Correction you eat cupcakes like  Cushing , Hawkins , and union grove on a weekly basis 

Reklaw 0 Cushing 21, Hull, Deweyville, Shelbyville, Hemphill and Tenaha am I leaving any off for SA. Before you say Hemphill was good, how bad did Corrigan-Camden beat them!

24 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Don’t forget , 7-4 Texas high knocked off #6 lufkin .. any thing is possible that’s why they play the game 

Lufkin has zero to do with Alto, other than we are playing in the same facility. Yes we know that’s why you play the game, been there and done that. 

1 minute ago, Jacket44 said:

Reklaw 0 Cushing 21, Hull, Deweyville, Shelbyville, Hemphill and Tenaha am I leaving any off for SA. Before you say Hemphill was good, how bad did Corrigan-Camden beat them!

Just look at the roster for SA . A full crew returning from the semis. Plus a very good move in qb. . They proved there self last year . IMO alto has yet to prove them self . And depending on which Joaquin team shows up . Then maybe they will prove there self’s . If Joaquin puts on all 4 qtrs like they should I’ll take Joaquin by 2 tds . If the not good Joaquin shows up I take alto by 20+ . Simple as that 

Just now, Jacket44 said:

Lufkin has zero to do with Alto, other than we are playing in the same facility. Yes we know that’s why you play the game, been there and done that. 

Your a joke jokett . Just telling you a story of David vs Goliath . I know it frightens you to hear it 

29 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

SA has the entire team returning from a semi finalist year. Plus a very good qb move in from center. Even tho the competition has been subpar it’s hard not to say that they are the best team in region 3. And I support all east Texas teams . Just have a hard time doing it with groveton . I don’t believe groveton is actually as good as people think . Could just be biased 

Well, being a 90’s Alto Yellowjacket myself.  The Groveton topic is something we can agree on.  Lol! 

Just now, Gilbert said:

Just look at the roster for SA . A full crew returning from the semis. Plus a very good move in qb. . They proved there self last year . IMO alto has yet to prove them self . And depending on which Joaquin team shows up . Then maybe they will prove there self’s . If Joaquin puts on all 4 qtrs like they should I’ll take Joaquin by 2 tds . If the not good Joaquin shows up I take alto by 20+ . Simple as that 

Bringing up old stuff again, that was 2018, new year. SA is real good, we know! Watch some film and get a clue before you open your clown mouth! 😂 

Nobody disputes that SA is the Region III favorite. They def are. You want to be the best in the region, then you gotta beat the best. They’ve earned it. As far as our region as a whole being weak, I can also agree that we collectively have to step it up. Speaking in regard Alto though, I believe (this current roster) can play with SA better than any other team in Region III. Will that game happen? Remains to be seen. Joe is not going to lay down and let us have anything. So, we gotta take care of business 2 more weeks, a week at a time. There’s a lot of talk on this thread, but Alto is not overlooking Joe. Boys know what they have to do. I watched 2 Jackets watch film on them (on their own time) in my own home last night, so I know they are doing their best to understand the task at hand. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Your a joke jokett . Just telling you a story of David vs Goliath . I know it frightens you to hear it 

The joke is you not knowing football, obviously haven’t watched film or been to any of these games you are talking about. Getting beat doesn’t scare anyone, only one team will win State. We are about one week at a time and getting back to playing good football.

Just now, Jacket44 said:

Bringing up old stuff again, that was 2018, new year. SA is real good, we know! Watch some film and get a clue before you open your clown mouth! 😂 

But since the entire team is returning it makes it relevant . Do you not use your brains Joket . It’s not like I was talkin like the alto fans back in their glory days 30 years ago when they used to beat Joaquin . I’m talking actual relevant football .. the entire team pretty much is back from last year .. how many starters does alto have returning this year from the 1990’s teams . Wait oh yeah those guys are in there 40s and washed up now 

1 minute ago, Gilbert said:

But since the entire team is returning it makes it relevant . Do you not use your brains Joket . It’s not like I was talkin like the alto fans back in their glory days 30 years ago when they used to beat Joaquin . I’m talking actual relevant football .. the entire team pretty much is back from last year .. how many starters does alto have returning this year from the 1990’s teams . Wait oh yeah those guys are in there 40s and washed up now 

Nobody is talking about old stuff but you, yeah I jokingly said we would beat them like in the ‘90’s but we aren’t looking past Joaquin! You just stated that’s why they play the games, but you want everyone to say SA is already in the Semis. We almost returned everyone too, does that put us in the quarterfinals? 🤡 bert

• Stinks 1

1 minute ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Hey I ain’t washed up yet...... 90’s ALLLto teams used to beat me but I’m kinda like Toby Keith..... I’m as good once as I ever was.

I haven’t seen you bring up the glory days repeatedly in every post like it’s relevant and has meaning .. 

1 minute ago, Jacket44 said:

Nobody is talking about old stuff but you, yeah I jokingly said we would beat them like in the ‘90’s but we aren’t looking past Joaquin! You just stated that’s why they play the games, but you want everyone to say SA is already in the Semis. We almost returned everyone too, does that put us in the quarterfinals? 🤡 bert

You’ll get as far as SA will let you