2A D1 AREA PLAYOFF: #8 Alto Yellowjackets (11-0) vs. Joaquin Rams (9-2) @ 7:30 p.m. Lufkin’s Abe Martin Stadium - Friday 11/22/19

StingEmALTO

Alto vs. Joaquin  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who advances?

• Alto
    • Joaquin

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/23/2019 at 01:30 AM

The Alto Yellowjackets (District 10-2A Champions) will take on their former district mate Joaquin Rams (District 11-2A Runner-up) in the area round of the playoffs. The game will be played Friday, November 22nd at 7:30 at Lufkin’s Abe Martin Stadium; Alto is the home team. The winner will advance to Round 3 to play the winner of Big Sandy (10-2A 4th seed) vs. Groveton  (12-2A Runner-up).

The Jackets lead the series 13-2 with the Rams winning the last two meetings.

Who advances?

ALTO  (  11-0 /  5-0 )

W1 - PALESTINE WESTWOOD   26-20
W2 - @ TIMPSON   45-0
W3 - NEW DIANA  50-0
W4 - @ GARRISON    26-7
W5 - @ CORRIGAN-CAMDEN   40-15
W6 - BYE  
W7 - @ BIG SANDY   41-14
W8 - PRICE CARLISLE    29-7
W9 - @ CUSHING   61-0
W10 - HAWKINS   57-8
W11 - UNION GROVE   50-15

W12 - CAYUGA 62-0

—————————————————————————-
JOAQUIN  ( 9-2 / 5-1 )

W1 - DEWEYVILLE  61-0
W2 - @ ORE CITY    34-13
W3 - SHELBYVILLE    21-22
W4 - @ CORRIGAN-CAMDEN   16-14
W5 - GARRISON   45-23
W6 - BYE  
W7 - @ LINDEN-KILDARE     60-15
W8 - TIMPSON   21-14
W9 - @ BECKVILLE   27-10
W10 - TENAHA   38-0
W11 - @ HARLETON   13-22

W12  SHELBYVILLE  39-0

0DF3F888-C897-4608-BB48-C4F699000396.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rams have to show up focused and determined to play their best game of football all year to have a shot at winning this. I think it’s no surprise that Alto is going to be the heavy favorite here. Rams CAN win, it is possible. If jackets have an off week or sleep on Joaquin and Joaquin has an on night the it could be an upset. But the odds are not in joes favor 

16 minutes ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

Rams have to show up focused and determined to play their best game of football all year to have a shot at winning this. I think it’s no surprise that Alto is going to be the heavy favorite here. Rams CAN win, it is possible. If jackets have an off week or sleep on Joaquin and Joaquin has an on night the it could be an upset. But the odds are not in joes favor 

I will say this:

No way Alto sleeps on Joaquin. No way. Coach Ricky Joe Meeks will have those boys focused and ready. 💯 guaranteed. There is no looking ahead. One week at a time. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

I will say this:

No way Alto sleeps on Joaquin. No way. Coach Ricky Joe Meeks will have those boys focused and ready. 💯 guaranteed. There is no looking ahead. One week at a time. 

Number 2 team in the region vs arguably number 4 in the region. We finally got something intriguing brewing. I just hate how inconsistent rams have been all year.

5 minutes ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

I’m assuming Harleton since they beat Joaquin but to be honest with you I’m only basing all this off of what others have said in the past few weeks. My information is limited on the region as a whole 

Going to be an interesting week!  It seems Harleton has come out of nowhere. Great turn around story! That will be a battle with Carlisle. A couple 10-2As vs 11-2As! I like it!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villagegenius said:

I think 2016 & 2017 is going to guarantee that this Alto bunch is fully locked in on Joaquin. A lot of these seniors were around for those 2 match ups. 

Yes sir!! Absolutely. And if they don’t think about it, their parents will remind them! 😂

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Yes sir!! Absolutely. And if they don’t think about it, their parents will remind them! 😂

This game won’t be about hype or remembering or payback. This game will be about execution and controlling emotions. Both teams know what each team represents and brings to the table. Whichever team makes fewest mistakes and executes their game plan will come out on top. Rams had several holding and stupid penalties again that killed big plays. Can’t have that as the competition gets better.