2A D1 AREA PLAYOFF: #8 Alto Yellowjackets (11-0) vs. Joaquin Rams (9-2) @ 7:30 p.m. Lufkin’s Abe Martin Stadium - Friday 11/22/19

StingEmALTO

Alto vs. Joaquin  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who advances?

• Alto
    • Joaquin

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/23/2019 at 01:30 AM

7 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Prolly do our band kids a favor. After playing the fight song after every TD they’re gonna be hulled out anyway lol

I’m a democrat and other teams fight songs offend me. So you bet I’ll let UIL know that too. No fight song for y’all.

• LOL! 2

2 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Alto and Joe have 3 common opponents and Alto beat all 3 much more impressively.  You laid an egg against an average Shelbyville and barely beat a Timpson team Alto donkey stomped.  You don't have a more impressive win this season than Alto.  I'm sorry your @$$ is chapped.

I knew this one was coming lmao!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Exactly.....Only a rivalry when the other team wins . Joe got lucky two years in a row. Maybe we have a rabbit foot this week. Alto has two really good RB and QB. All we got is a bunch of rag tag slow kids that like to run into people hope we can keep it respectful.... Ya see the issue at hand with all these Alto posters is that they are above getting beat by Joe. Ain’t no way in hell a bunch of slow pokes can compete against the mighty Jackets. That why they so butt hurt over the past few years. I am in no way guaranteeing a victory Friday but I am saying it ain’t gonna be no blow out either way. That same group of sophomores that has beat ya the last two years are seniors now and they ain’t no punks.

Shots fired! Ain’t no punks! Get em! Rams say don’t forget bout them whoopins They got a cubbard chock full of em just for Alto, man the weekend barely started and this is popping off right!

3 minutes ago, Reddog92 said:

The best part of this game will unfortunately be this thread.. 

Then it shall be done. The great Alto Vs Joaquin thread of 2019. I was there to witness it in all its glory.

Man I don’t know why but I got a sneaking hunch this gone be a lot closer than people realize. Last years Carlisle squad was saying a lot of the same things—— How awesome they were. How it would be a blowout. I was at that game, the Carlisle fans had them cheeks clenched till the final buzzer.

Got a sneaking hunch y’all jackets might be in for a fight 

Not 100% certain on this, this is second hand info, but from my understanding Joaquin has only had all their starters healthy and in the same game like 1-2 games this season. Very thinly spread. Lot of different players swapping positions.

I did manage to watch the rams in a scrimmage early in the year and I remember being impressed. Then I remember seeing them play garrison and they had a few starters out as well and I was impressed. I’d be interested to know if everyone will be there and accounted for on Friday. 

12 minutes ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

Then it shall be done. The great Alto Vs Joaquin thread of 2019. I was there to witness it in all its glory.

Man I don’t know why but I got a sneaking hunch this gone be a lot closer than people realize. Last years Carlisle squad was saying a lot of the same things—— How awesome they were. How it would be a blowout. I was at that game, the Carlisle fans had them cheeks clenched till the final buzzer.

Got a sneaking hunch y’all jackets might be in for a fight 

As long as we get that W I can handle a little high blood pressure...I just expect this week ain’t one...

• Like 1

Joaquin’s schedule is 57-60...for a 48.5% win percentage...Joaquin is out scoring folks 380-135 (34.5-12.2)...a scoring differential of +22.3...against playoff teams Joaquin is 5-2 and out scoring them 216-95 (30.8-13.6)...scoring differential of +17.3

Alto’s schedule is 48-69 41.0...win percentage...Alto is outscoring folks 489-86 (44.5-7.8)...a scoring differential of +36.6...against playoff teams Alto is 8-0 and out scoring them 349-51 (43.6-7.3)...scoring differential of +37.3