2A D1 AREA PLAYOFF: #8 Alto Yellowjackets (11-0) vs. Joaquin Rams (9-2) @ 7:30 p.m. Lufkin’s Abe Martin Stadium - Friday 11/22/19

StingEmALTO

Alto vs. Joaquin  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who advances?

• Alto
    • Joaquin

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/23/2019 at 01:30 AM

21 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Last 4 opponents for Alto......

Cushion 1-8

Hawkins 4-6

Union Grove 3-7

Cayuga 4-6

Brother these teams ain’t getting ya ready for a playoff run other than you oughta be healthy from playing cream puffs. No doubt you guys got some talent but slow ya roll on the blowout. These kind of opponents will give ya a false sense of confidence that every game gonna be easy. Joe ain’t running around blockers or running from backs. ALLLto gonna have to earn it this week 

Where’d I say blow out? Maybe you should scroll back through and find that. We are going to beat y’all is what I personally have said. And we will. There’s no false sense of confidence in Jacket land. Our kids are confident that they cant be beat and we wouldn’t want them feeling any other way. But blow out? I never said it, although I will not be surprised in the least if it happens. We blew out a team a classification above us 50-0 who just lost by a mere 10 to the #3 team in the state. You guys have beat nobody. If we are able to put a night like that together again then maybe you’ll get the blow out you’ve accused me of predicting. Lights. Camera. Action. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Where’d I say blow out? Maybe you should scroll back through and find that. We are going to beat y’all is what I personally have said. And we will. There’s no false sense of confidence in Jacket land. Our kids are confident that they cant be beat and we wouldn’t want them feeling any other way. But blow out? I never said it, although I will not be surprised in the least if it happens. We blew out a team a classification above us 50-0 who just lost by a mere 10 to the #3 team in the state. If we are able to put a night like that together again then maybe you’ll get the blow out you’ve accused me of. Lights. Camera. Action. 

I never know which ALLLto guy I’m arguing with. Y’aLLL aLLL sound the same. Got the same phony rhetoric....... and your names are about the same.....sting em, swarming em, Jacket Biter,  Got Stung, Cherokee Jacket, Flannel Jacket

• LOL! 2

33 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Last 4 opponents for Alto......

Cushion 1-8

Hawkins 4-6

Union Grove 3-7

Cayuga 4-6

Brother these teams ain’t getting ya ready for a playoff run other than you oughta be healthy from playing cream puffs. No doubt you guys got some talent but slow ya roll on the blowout. These kind of opponents will give ya a false sense of confidence that every game gonna be easy. Joe ain’t running around blockers or running from backs. ALLLto gonna have to earn it this week 

Exactly what I have been saying this whole time 

9 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

You know Most ppl hate the truth . And I don’t do nothing but call it like I see it 

Play who they put in your District, but yeah they all sucked! We got it the first 20 times, but go through everyone else’s schedule and you find the same thing. Helped District 11 overall wins and losses when they all beat each other. 

I was glad when I heard Joe beat ole Shelbyville. Been waiting all season to whoop up on Joaquin 🥳 When y’all are still wondering why your bottoms hurt so bad on Saturday, check and make sure you pulled all of the stinger out of ya 😉 Friday can’t come soon enough 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, yourteamstinks said:

I think some of what he says is true, and the other is just hogwash. In all honesty, there are two very different Joaquin teams. One puts 40 on Garrison, the next can't get out of their own way to sustain drives for penalties, fumbles, boneheaded mistakes, etc.. It has been back and forth all season. It even happened some last week although I thought overall we played pretty clean. I mean just realize the first time we lost to Shelbyville 22-21, and this time effortlessly won 39-0..  Talent level, there is no reason Joaquin isn't 10-0.   

IF Joaquin plays clean, I think they have a shot to win this game or atleast make it a game.. if they don't it will get ugly like it used to. I think a lot of Alto folks think it is going to be easy, and I don't think that's going to be the case..

to be fair they did play two completely different shelbyville teams

12 minutes ago, Jacket44 said:

Play who they put in your District, but yeah they all sucked! We got it the first 20 times, but go through everyone else’s schedule and you find the same thing. Helped District 11 overall wins and losses when they all beat each other. 

Tenaha was 3-1 with the one loss to SA in non district. I believe LK and Beckville combined to go 2-6 in non-district. Ironically, their two combined non-district wins were over Hawkins, who finished third in your district. So the #3 seed out of your district lost to two of the teams that didn’t sniff the playoffs in ours, and you want to call ours weak?  

• Like 1

Just now, trueblue82 said:

Tenaha was 3-1 with the one loss to SA in non district. I believe LK and Beckville combined to go 2-6 in non-district. Ironically, their two combined non-district wins were over Hawkins, who finished third in your district. So the #3 seed out of your district lost to two of the teams that didn’t sniff the playoffs in ours, and you want to call ours weak?  

Didn’t call them weak, just stated that they all beat up on each other, which makes everybody right around .500. Hear what you want, read it how you want, I don’t give a rats a$$. We will win this game, period. I wouldn’t be surprised if Carlisle wins as well, and before you down play Carlisle’s score last week, their Qb and best defensive player was suspended for the first half. Nobody is giving them credit either, only lost to Sabine and Troup barely before us. Harleton and Shelbyville both got donkey punched by Sabine. 

2 minutes ago, Jacket44 said:

Didn’t call them weak, just stated that they all beat up on each other, which makes everybody right around .500. Hear what you want, read it how you want, I don’t give a rats a$$. We will win this game, period. I wouldn’t be surprised if Carlisle wins as well, and before you down play Carlisle’s score last week, their Qb and best defensive player was suspended for the first half. Nobody is giving them credit either, only lost to Sabine and Troup barely before us. Harleton and Shelbyville both got donkey punched by Sabine. 

Ok Howard. 

Honest question for the folks from Joaquin. Have you seen Alto play this year or are you basing it off of previous years? 

Im pretty non-biased (though I do know some black and yellow bleeding folks) but i have seen enough of the Jackets from both 2016 & 2017 to now under this current staff to see that there is just a difference in how they go about their business. It’s not that their way is the only way, or the right way, but it’s working for those kids this season. This is a senior laden group that carries themselves in a way that I haven’t seen from an Alto team in a while. 

the great thing about the playoffs from here on out (other than SA-Normangee this week) is that the other team feels the same way about themselves. We’ll get a chance Friday night to see 2 groups of kids who whole heartedly believe that they deserve to be on the field and come out victorious. Has the Alto mindset/culture changed enough in 2 years to overcome an experienced system/culture that Joaquin has established? 

• Like 2