2A D1 AREA PLAYOFF: #8 Alto Yellowjackets (11-0) vs. Joaquin Rams (9-2) @ 7:30 p.m. Lufkin’s Abe Martin Stadium - Friday 11/22/19

StingEmALTO

Alto vs. Joaquin  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who advances?

• Alto
    • Joaquin

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/23/2019 at 01:30 AM

19 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

I was a little surprised we are playing in Lufkin, but glad Joaquin gets to come south this time.  With the exception of SFA in 1990 (Area: Alto 57-0), the other games were north: Tatum (2007 | QFN: Alto 47-6) and Gladewater (2008 | Alto 25-13).  We also met in 1955 (Bi-Dist: Alto 19-6) but I don't find where that game was played; I wasn't around at the time. 🤷‍♂️😂  I know who to ask when I see him though!

Alto has a 4-game winning streak at Abe Martin:

• 2013:  Alto 47 - Hull-Daisetta 42
  • 2012:  Alto 35 - Hull-Daisetta 28
  • 2007:  Alto 21 - Groveton 13
  • 2006:  Alto 50 - Groveton 7

Two losses:

• 2004:  Corrigan-Camden 18 - Alto 12 (4 OTs)
  • 1984:  Groveton 14 - Alto 6

Nice venue to play in!  Interesting tidbit from a fellow Jacket fan:  The 2004 game vs. Corrigan-Camden was the last game to be played on grass before Lufkin switched to turf, and it was a mud bowl that night!  All close games for Alto with the exception of the 2006 game over Groveton.

READY TO ROLL! 💪

2004 was one of the best games I’ve been too.

Up there when we played ARP and it ended up being like 6-3 or 8-3 or something when they scored on a tipped pass. I think we were #3 and they were #6 in the state at the time. I just remember they almost moved the game because of the amount of folks there and if I’m not mistaken arp still has wooden bleachers. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jacketgrad06 said:

Miserable. The stadium was electric though. 

Yes sir! I don’t think I’ve seen another like that since!  Don’t get me wrong I’ve seen some good games since then...  but none like that!! I started watching CC football when I was old enough for my daddy to start carrying me up in the stands .. probably started in 95.. and we been holding strong every since!  

If I could get one wish .. it would be to watch CC play at another state game with my daddy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacketgrad06 said:

2004 was one of the best games I’ve been too.

Up there when we played ARP and it ended up being like 6-3 or 8-3 or something when they scored on a tipped pass. I think we were #3 and they were #6 in the state at the time. I just remember they almost moved the game because of the amount of folks there and if I’m not mistaken arp still has wooden bleachers. 

Been lots of good ones, Refugio ‘95 was probably most memorable for me. Lots of good battles with Groveton over the years also, playoff caliber football is what we all love and enjoy! Wouldn’t be on here talking about it for 24 pages now, if we didn’t. Little fun trash talk never hurt nobody, I don’t 🤔! Good luck to everybody still playing, memories that live forever!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BleedBlackGoldandWhite said:

Yeah.  Thanks.  We’re hoping to get back in our home in the next two weeks.  7 1/2 months after the tornado hit.  Not cool.  At all. 

People have no idea how life altering a storm like that can be unless they’ve been through it.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Jacket44 said:

Yeah, every town has ☝️. Just busting some balls on here, all for good fun! We know Joaquin people are good people! Just went a little over the top!

Very true. Good ppl all over this state. I know pretty much every single Alto poster in here, whether they know it or not, and pretty much every one of them would give you the shirt off their back (or shoe off their foot) for the females lol

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Very true. Good ppl all over this state. I know pretty much every single Alto poster in here, whether they know it or not, and pretty much every one of them would give you the shirt off their back (or shoe off their foot) for the females lol

Looks like I’m going to make it, 😂. I might really be crying like Gilbert said, fell in the dang ditch 10 ft. Fill like I broke some ribs, I’ll be real quite at the game!

2 minutes ago, Jacket44 said:

Looks like I’m going to make it, 😂. I might really be crying like Gilbert said, fell in the dang ditch 10 ft. Fill like I broke some ribs, I’ll be real quite at the game!

Damn bro..... surely there is an easier way to get off work 

1 hour ago, BlueBlood99 said:

People have no idea how life altering a storm like that can be unless they’ve been through it.

They don’t.  And no one ever sees something that catastrophic coming.  Our daughter plays a little tournament ball with some girls from Joaquin, and they were some of the first people to volunteer to come help.  Just blessed that we’re all still here to do some good natured ribbing with you guys. Best of luck to both teams on Friday. (Just a little more for Alto) 😂

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Damn bro..... surely there is an easier way to get off work 

Tell me about it, bad thing is I was already going to get off, just found out! Got 9 days off to recoup, hopefully I get to see at least a couple games while I’m home! 😂 

5 minutes ago, DontBeASnowFlake said:

I Gotcha. But the post isnt going to have anything to do with the game so i don’t see why it matters who see’s it. The players should already be pumped up and ready for this game and opportunity. If they’re worried bout a post on a thread then their heads are in the wrong spot 

Cowboys played the best game they’ve played after the Eagles coach guaranteed a win! Shouldn’t matter, but it’s human nature! Ever played sports?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DontBeASnowFlake said:

I Gotcha. But the post isnt going to have anything to do with the game so i don’t see why it matters who see’s it. The players should already be pumped up and ready for this game and opportunity. If they’re worried bout a post on a thread then their heads are in the wrong spot 

Think you’re seeing it diff than me. My response wasn’t a “ oh look what you’ve done now. Got our boys riled up” type response. I was meaning congrats in a sarcastic way, in that, it’s a shame they had to read such a classless and tasteless choice of words from another human being. My kids lost an entire home in the ordeal and were lucky that they were able to come and be safe with me immediately. While some of these kids didn’t have anywhere to go and had to go through a tougher time than mine did. That’s what I meant. I promise, these kids don’t need help getting fired up for a game.

7 minutes ago, DontBeASnowFlake said:

I played Football since I’ve been big enough to put on cleats. I was just stating my opinion and that is nothing could fire me up more than a championship or another team trying to take that opportunity. 

Great. I was just explaining what I meant by “congrats” since you didn’t understand. I agree, winning should be the ultimate motivation. Some use “bulletin board material” even in the Pros. This is not that though. Did some of our players get riled up? Dunno, they’re in school lol. But I’m sure it p##### a couple off. But like 44 said. That’s human nature. Is what it is. 

I hate that anyone would be as low as to post anything about someone being in a storm that caused as much damage as y'all went thru. I for one respect Alto and would consider everyone there as brothers. I love the smack talk, but it can be taken to far. I pray the athelets on both teams have no injuries and safe travel to all the fans that attend our game.

• Like 3

24 pages of good banter then some moron posts some bs. Who’d y’all beat again last week Alto? I don’t think anyone from Joaquin would say something so stupid. It’s all just fun and games. I’ve literally been cracking up at this whole ridiculous thread. Straight up whoever wins this game I’m pulling for all the way past this game. 

• Like 1

I have two kids on the Ram team and I personally mentioned it to the entire team. I’ve coached the majority of them in little league up unto Junior High ftball. They all swore it didn’t come from any of them. Obviously it’s a new person with a new handle. Like I said I’d be willing to bet the post didn’t even come from Joaquin. And even if it did come from some lunatic from Joe I’d be the first one in line to help Alto tar and feather the sucker.......on the otherhand I been sitting on a deerstand and didn’t see anything but squirrels. Sure hope the Rams have better luck Friday than I am hunting. I think in the morning I gonna wake up and go buy some fly swatters and see how many Yellowjackets I can swat. I bet that’s alot easier than deer hunting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1