2A D1 AREA PLAYOFF: #8 Alto Yellowjackets (11-0) vs. Joaquin Rams (9-2) @ 7:30 p.m. Lufkin’s Abe Martin Stadium - Friday 11/22/19

StingEmALTO

Alto vs. Joaquin  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who advances?

• Alto
    • Joaquin

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/23/2019 at 01:30 AM

Joe fans all of us on here know that that post wasn’t typical or representative of you. Most of you that have been on here for years I know wouldn’t think of going there like that. I appreciate the way you all came out and have reaffirmed what we already knew about y’all.  Thanks once again guys.  That could have been any town that had a rouge poster in their mists.

I actually didn’t see it on here but it is now all over my Facebook and I really hate that anyone wasted the time to post it there. It didn’t do any good for anyone for it to get away from here.  

Once again nothing but respect and good will towards the people of Joaquin. May you all have safe travels and a great ball game as I expect it to be. 

That said go Jacket!

1 minute ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

So wet slick field, who does it hamper worse if anyone? Doesn’t Alto pass a fair amount? Would that hurt their passing offense perhaps?

Idk. Turf is funny when it rains. Most of us that are older didn’t get to play on as much as these guys but I believe it hampers Alto a bit. The biggest weakness I’ve seen could be magnified by the slick and rain. 

3 minutes ago, jacketgrad06 said:

Idk. Turf is funny when it rains. Most of us that are older didn’t get to play on as much as these guys but I believe it hampers Alto a bit. The biggest weakness I’ve seen could be magnified by the slick and rain. 

Ball control could become an issue for run dominant teams tho, gon hafta hang onto that rock good.. Js 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Stoney said:

There shouldn’t be any more problems. If anything comes up like that again in this thread or another, please shoot me or any of the other mods/admins a pm and we’ll shut it down. 

Also, when someone posts something like that, please don’t quote it. That just means more posts we have to hide and it takes us longer to squash it. On behalf of the RAMNATION, let me extend our sincere apologies to the school and community in Alto. I’ve been around a lot of people in tragic times like that Saturday this past spring. I’ve seen people lose everything they’ve worked for. It’s nothing to joke about. That said, let’s get back on topic and talk about the game.

GO RAMS! 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Also, when someone posts something like that, please don’t quote it. That just means more posts we have to hide and it takes us longer to squash it. On behalf of the RAMNATION, let me extend our sincere apologies to the school and community in Alto. I’ve been around a lot of people in tragic times like that Saturday this past spring. I’ve seen people lose everything they’ve worked for. It’s nothing to joke about. That said, let’s get back on topic and talk about the game.

GO RAMS! 

Sorry for quoting it . It just really disappointed me when I saw it and should have just commented and not quoted.  I’m sorry again Alto folks

• Like 1

Alright back to the topic, Alto gonna win by FIDDY and I ain’t backing off it! Ain’t no turf field gonna be slicker than altos mud hole in the rain or 3 days after a rain and We’ve run good on it this year.....turf is turf if it ain’t a monsoon traction isn’t a problem.....holding onto the ball and throwing would be affected in rain for sure but let’s hope it dies down a little during game!

35 minutes ago, Cherokee603 said:

Alright back to the topic, Alto gonna win by FIDDY and I ain’t backing off it! Ain’t no turf field gonna be slicker than altos mud hole in the rain or 3 days after a rain and We’ve run good on it this year.....turf is turf if it ain’t a monsoon traction isn’t a problem.....holding onto the ball and throwing would be affected in rain for sure but let’s hope it dies down a little during game!

Y’all can’t count to fiddy 

10 hours ago, BlueBlood99 said:

All this trash talk been fun and good spirited..... But on the real, I have nothing but respect for Alto and their program throughout the years. IMO opinion they are 2nd to nobody and are on the Mt. Rushmore of high school athletics. Little ole Joaquin just getting started climbing the mountain a few years ago when we mustarded a victory over you guys. The fact that there can even be trash talk is an improvement from where Joe has come from in the past. I mean Alto had Joe beat before they ever got off the bus just 5 years ago. Best of luck to both teams and I believe whomever wins this game has a really good shot at SA. A lot of ftball to be played before that though......If Joe can pull this one off then evbody eyes fittna get real big in the reg 3 discussion. If Alto knocks off Joe then it’s inevitable they will give SA all they want and then some..... Like Bart said from the Ravens.....CAN’T WAIT!!!!!! We have two more days of trash talk and then it gets real.

Just because they beat Joaquin that means they automatically gonna give us a game...gtfoh 

• Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 6

15 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

Just because they beat Joaquin that means they automatically gonna give us a game...gtfoh 

I think both alto and Joaquin could give SA  a good game..  Joaquin has a very good defense especially against the run , and alto has a very good explosive offense and a pretty good defense to back it up ..  

the winner of these two will most likely get groveton next week.. SA will be getting either alto or Joaquin in the 4th round.. 

I have my pick of who it will be but out of respect for both programs I’ll just keep it to myself 

8 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

I think both alto and Joaquin could give SA  a good game..  Joaquin has a very good defense especially against the run , and alto has a very good explosive offense and a pretty good defense to back it up ..  

the winner of these two will most likely get groveton next week.. SA will be getting either alto or Joaquin in the 4th round.. 

I have my pick of who it will be but out of respect for both programs I’ll just keep it to myself 

Just make the pick! Lol. Nobody gonna cry 😂

I really can’t believe no one has thanked Joaquin for losing against harleton and losing the DISTRICT title to make this game happen, truly from the bottom of my heart I really appreciate this game happening 😂😂😂 i really do not know what I would of done with all my spare time this week if I had to banter with harleton!!!!! All jokes aside thanks for the entertainment and still have couple days left!!!

9 minutes ago, Jacket44 said:

Damn, I been waiting on you! 😂 geez come in guns a blazing, really gtfoh, nice showing the tru colors

Dude is an idiot.  Joaquin cant beat Harleton and just because someone beats them they are now superior.  Best of luck to Joaquin, I like every poster from Joaquin but him.

37 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

Got ur FB message today and was tied up. Y’all good. I think we can play. I don’t think y’all would hang 50 on us and I don’t believe we’d shoot ourselves as much as Garrison did. Y’all would’ve beat Garrison anyway but their play calling near the goal line was atrocious if you ask me. 

Just now, SwarmingOnEm said:

Got ur FB message today and was tied up. Y’all good. I think we can play. I don’t think y’all would hang 50 on us and I don’t believe we’d shoot ourselves as much as Garrison did. Y’all would’ve beat Garrison but their play calling near the goal line was atrocious if you ask me. 

We didnt look like ourselves against Garrison, something was off.  See yall soon if we both take care of business.

• LOL! 1