2A D1 AREA PLAYOFF: #8 Alto Yellowjackets (11-0) vs. Joaquin Rams (9-2) @ 7:30 p.m. Lufkin’s Abe Martin Stadium - Friday 11/22/19

StingEmALTO

Alto vs. Joaquin  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who advances?

• Alto
    • Joaquin

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/23/2019 at 01:30 AM

5 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Hard to unteach chop blocking.. Lol 

Well they call it after 5yds and most times we engage and drive and then the defender falls down we get called for low block..... some legit but I would say 80% are bogus...... but who’s ever liked refs?

9 minutes ago, Lambo said:

I did however lead a 32-6 half time comeback 

As the official self-appointed leader of RAMNATION, I have decreed credit for that moment on Kain Yates. The official highlight of your career was the tombstone piledriver on the Beckville QB during HOCO’09. 

1 minute ago, trueblue82 said:

As the official self-appointed leader of RAMNATION, I have decreed credit for that moment on Kain Yates. The official highlight of your career was the tombstone piledriver on the Beckville QB during HOCO’09. 

Nope lmao we put me and Underbrink (RIP) on the same side of the ball and ran the ball down SA’s throat lol. However the tombstone was pretty sweet.

2 hours ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Coach Lawson speaking on radio show the other night..... He mentioned Joe has 3 RB over 1000yds on the year..... probably 1st time that’s ever been done here. Makes it hard for the defense to key on one guy. Defense better stay disciplined or it’s a big gainer....

Your right discipline, it ain’t about those 3 Guys. It’s about staying put and playing where ur suppose to be, can’t key on where the ball might go.....everyone has a job they gotta be there fill it or ur offense succeeds.....i just think we have multiple guys that can blow it all up at the snap....altos defense is really at a whole another level then y’all have seen

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cherokee603 said:

Your right discipline, it ain’t about those 3 Guys. It’s about staying put and playing where ur suppose to be, can’t key on where the ball might go.....everyone has a job they gotta be there fill it or ur offense succeeds.....i just think we have multiple guys that can blow it all up at the snap....altos defense is really at a whole another level then y’all have seen

Or so you think... Maybe we Just make good defense look bad 

33 minutes ago, Cherokee603 said:

That’s what makes this one so interesting. 

34 minutes ago, Cherokee603 said:

Joaquin has enough size, speed, and talent to hang with the top tier teams if they would just spread it out. It would cut down on injuries as well. 

To each their own though.  I just can't undetstand having multiple smallish type track stars lined up in the backfield close enough to touch each other. In a 4 point stance at that! 

Your assessment is correct. Just stay at home and a decent defense can easily contain those types of offenses. 

• Like 1

Things I've garnered from this thread this week. 

1.both fan bases are in all honesty, a Lil nervous. 

2.both fan bases are convinced in their heart that they got what it takes to win it. 

3.nobody knows which Joe team shows up and both teams fan base nervous... Lol 

4.both fan bases pray that if nothing else, their team goes out like a true road warrior, fighting till the end. Asking only but for one last remembered fight. 

Chain out. Gentlemen shall we play a game.. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Things I've garnered from this thread this week. 

1.both fan bases are in all honesty, a Lil nervous. 

2.both fan bases are convinced in their heart that they got what it takes to win it. 

3.nobody knows which Joe team shows up and both teams fan base nervous... Lol 

4.both fan bases pray that if nothing else, their team goes out like a true road warrior, fighting till the end. Asking only but for one last remembered fight. 

Chain out. Gentlemen shall we play a game.. 

Right on all counts. The Chain is never wrong 

Been a fun week. Pretty cool folks in the J. With that said, tonight is about the kids. Many (17 on our side) will be strapping up with hope that it’s not the last time. Lots of parents and family members hoping the same as the inevitable draws closer and closer. Nothing lasts forever whether you win or lose. I pray for traveling grace for all and a heart full of fight for every single young man on both sides. A good team goes home tonight while the other gets to keep chasing the dream. See y’all there.

• Like 7