2A D1 AREA PLAYOFF: #8 Alto Yellowjackets (11-0) vs. Joaquin Rams (9-2) @ 7:30 p.m. Lufkin’s Abe Martin Stadium - Friday 11/22/19

StingEmALTO

Alto vs. Joaquin  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who advances?

• Alto
    • Joaquin

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/23/2019 at 01:30 AM

52 minutes ago, jacketgrad06 said:

So I will post this here this game was a tell of two halves. Alto really should’ve put up a few more points in the first half but mistakes and penalties killed them.  The 2nd half Joaquin made the adjustments on defense and showed the will to stay in it. That TD pass was a thing of beauty and 6in difference that ball is knocked down.  Perfect placement and great speed after the catch. That play turned the whole game. The momentum right before that was all Alto’s but that played kicked us in the gut. When #2 went down it took all of any wind that was left and killed the momentum for us completely. 

Alto since 2007 has had problems with hard nosed gritty teams. The ball control offenses have ate our lunch on quite a few occasions in the last few years. Centerville and Joaquin have ended some really good teams playoff runs over the last decade for us. This is where our schedule in district hurt us I believe. Carlisle was really the only adversity we faced since week 5 and games like this is needed sometimes to get ready for the ones that matter. You have to play the schedule you’re dealt.  This game had me cautious all week. 

Tonight the way that Joaquin adjusted on defense at half time was the true difference. They almost completely shut down the middle of the field to the run where in the first half I felt we should’ve lived more often as we were pretty much moving at will. Once Joaquin smelled the blood after that punt I felt it was going to be tough to get the team back motivated. 

The first half was sloppy but the physicality was completely there. Bothe teams were looking for contact. The 2nd half that physicality almost seemed to multiply and the mistakes cleaned up and it was one of the best half’s of football I have seen in a while. 

The refs I won’t get into to much but come on.  They had more yellow on the field then Alto did on their jerseys and miss some obvious call on both sides. I understand how tough it is to see things from that prospective as I have done it and did it in playoff games. 

Congratulations once again Rams and good luck the rest of the way.   By the way three playoff wins in a row does start to make a rival. Lol. 

Be proud Jackets you played a heck of a season and a heck of a team at the end. 

Great EPIC thread for a great EPIC game. 

One last thing, this region is either really good or really weak and whoever comes out I hope takes region 4 to the cleaners.  So many close ball games and so much parody, it has been fun to watch.  It will be tough and just hope whoever it is that gets out is healthy when they get there. 

I agree on all points. Also, I’m gonna throw this out there. I’ve got to give a shout out to the 2016 Joaquin Rams. Prior to 2016, anytime we played Alto, our kids had a hard time believing they could beat them, due to their dominance every time we played them. Our ‘07 team was one of the best we ever had and they took us to the woodshed at Tatum. That rolled over into a bi-district game in ‘08, where we had a chance to beat them and let it slip away. I called it the Alto mystique. That mystique died in early October of 2016 at Ram Stadium. Kase Yates, Tray Wilkerson, Hunter Harper and their boys killed it. Yates and company, along with Connor Bragg and Hunter Gates and others, buried it for good in front of an Alto HOCO crowd in 2017. Make no mistake about it, Alto is definitely back among the best in East Texas, but Joaquin is right there with them. And the days of Alto having the Rams beat when they get off the bus are over. They will eventually beat us again, because that’s how football works, in cycles. But it will be because they had a better team, and not because of what they did 10 or 20 years ago. So for that, Rams of ‘16 and ‘17, THANK YOU! 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I agree on all points. Also, I’m gonna throw this out there. I’ve got to give a shout out to the 2016 Joaquin Rams. Prior to 2016, anytime we played Alto, our kids had a hard time believing they could beat them, due to their dominance every time we played them. Our ‘07 team was one of the best we ever had and they took us to the woodshed at Tatum. That rolled over into a bi-district game in ‘08, where we had a chance to beat them and let it slip away. I called it the Alto mystique. That mystique died in early October of 2016 at Ram Stadium. Kase Yates, Tray Wilkerson, Hunter Harper and their boys killed it. Yates and company, along with Connor Bragg and Hunter Gates and others, buried it for good in front of an Alto HOCO crowd in 2017. Make no mistake about it, Alto is definitely back among the best in East Texas, but Joaquin is right there with them. And the days of Alto having the Rams beat when they get off the bus are over. They will eventually beat us again, because that’s how football works, in cycles. But it will be because they had a better team, and not because of what they did 10 or 20 years ago. So for that, Rams of ‘16 and ‘17, THANK YOU! 

That 2016 bunch your referring too is the one I got to ref a few times. Not that year but before. Great kids and played with a ton of heart. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I agree on all points. Also, I’m gonna throw this out there. I’ve got to give a shout out to the 2016 Joaquin Rams. Prior to 2016, anytime we played Alto, our kids had a hard time believing they could beat them, due to their dominance every time we played them. Our ‘07 team was one of the best we ever had and they took us to the woodshed at Tatum. That rolled over into a bi-district game in ‘08, where we had a chance to beat them and let it slip away. I called it the Alto mystique. That mystique died in early October of 2016 at Ram Stadium. Kase Yates, Tray Wilkerson, Hunter Harper and their boys killed it. Yates and company, along with Connor Bragg and Hunter Gates and others, buried it for good in front of an Alto HOCO crowd in 2017. Make no mistake about it, Alto is definitely back among the best in East Texas, but Joaquin is right there with them. And the days of Alto having the Rams beat when they get off the bus are over. They will eventually beat us again, because that’s how football works, in cycles. But it will be because they had a better team, and not because of what they did 10 or 20 years ago. So for that, Rams of ‘16 and ‘17, THANK 

I was on that 16' team. Fear? No. They came by our locker room chanting "75925 ALTO" i will never forget it. Kase Yates threw his helmet against the door and said "F*** these Motherf*****'s" we piled out that locker room with Joaquin football players from past and present. I will never forget it, that was the turning point of the Joaquin football program.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jtownblue said:

I was on that 16' team. Fear? No. They came by our locker room chanting "75925 ALTO" i will never forget it. Kase Yates threw his helmet against the door and said "F*** these Motherf*****'s" we piled out that locker room with Joaquin football players from past and present. I will never forget it, that was the turning point of the Joaquin football program.

I was there. One of the old guys. 

9 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

If you lined up ALLLto kids and Joaquin kids there is no way a sane person would pick Joe to win.....So tell me how does Joaquin do it........

Joaquin kids played with grit, heart, and determination. It also helps that Alto got out coached. 

6 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

You are correct sir! My apologies. It was our boy Cherokee603. Anyone seen him? Cherokee? 603? Bueller? 

Did you see my quote for Jacket44 from earlier this week?  He hasn’t been heard from after . I think he might have choked. Do you want to send JacketGrad or Swarmin to go check on him?