2A D1 AREA PLAYOFF: #8 Alto Yellowjackets (11-0) vs. Joaquin Rams (9-2) @ 7:30 p.m. Lufkin’s Abe Martin Stadium - Friday 11/22/19

StingEmALTO

Alto vs. Joaquin  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who advances?

• Alto
    • Joaquin

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/23/2019 at 01:30 AM

Been about 24hrs since Joe did the unthinkable and sent ALLLTO to the gym to pound the basketball and I’m really surprised not one guy can muster up the courage to come eat a little crow pie...... c’mon guys I had a therapist say one time the best way to get over something is to just let it out and talk about it and then you can heal.

7 hours ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Been about 24hrs since Joe did the unthinkable and sent ALLLTO to the gym to pound the basketball and I’m really surprised not one guy can muster up the courage to come eat a little crow pie...... c’mon guys I had a therapist say one time the best way to get over something is to just let it out and talk about it and then you can heal.

😂😂😂😂

8 hours ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Maybe they can’t hear you over their band. 

• LOL! 1
  • Stinks 1

This was the best 2a game I have seen played in East Texas in a while. None of that 7 on 7 touch football some schools play. Just plain old physical football. Two teams not just trying to outscore each other but actually hitting, tackling, and making them earn every yard. I want to thank you both for an entertaining Friday night.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, tse-tschese-staeste said:

This was the best 2a game I have seen played in East Texas in a while. None of that 7 on 7 touch football some schools play. Just plain old physical football. Two teams not just trying to outscore each other but actually hitting, tackling, and making them earn every yard. I want to thank you both for an entertaining Friday night.

Joe’s players feel like it too .  Gotta ice the bruises, strap up and bring that same physicality this week!

On 11/25/2019 at 8:31 PM, tse-tschese-staeste said:

The collisions started at the first of the game and never stopped until the final second ticked off. Both teams were looking for contact every play. 

• Like 1

On 11/23/2019 at 8:58 AM, BlueBlood99 said:

I just can’t believe we can’t get any ALLLto has beens to swallow their pride and admit they were beat last night. Nothing wrong with 11-1 guys.....

11-1 to a traditional power is disappointing especially knowing the talent that was on the field.  To many of the folks in Alto anything less then 3 rounds is failure every year. That’s what you get when you have the success and record that alto has had the last 30 years. 

It’s funny to think how this region would’ve turned out if Joaquin doesn’t lose that game to Harleton.  This game was worthy of a regional final as far as quality. 

I still truly believe the main problem that Alto had was the fact that they hadn’t had any true competition in weeks. Not only does that hurt the players but even coaches have to brush rust off.  They don’t have to see what works in times of hardship with their players.  By no means saying that if would’ve made a difference but some times a struggle is good for a team. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jacketgrad06 said:

11-1 to a traditional power is disappointing especially knowing the talent that was on the field.  To many of the folks in Alto anything less then 3 rounds is failure every year. That’s what you get when you have the success and record that alto has had the last 30 years. 

It’s funny to think how this region would’ve turned out if Joaquin doesn’t lose that game to Harleton.  This game was worthy of a regional final as far as quality. 

I still truly believe the main problem that Alto had was the fact that they hadn’t had any true competition in weeks. Not only does that hurt the players but even coaches have to brush rust off.  They don’t have to see what works in times of hardship with their players.  By no means saying that if would’ve made a difference but some times a struggle is good for a team. 

The last 26years perhaps..... but not the last 30.