2A D1 AREA PLAYOFF: #8 Alto Yellowjackets (11-0) vs. Joaquin Rams (9-2) @ 7:30 p.m. Lufkin’s Abe Martin Stadium - Friday 11/22/19

StingEmALTO

Alto vs. Joaquin  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who advances?

• Alto
    • Joaquin

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/23/2019 at 01:30 AM

Just now, SwarmingOnEm said:

The week after we banged em up a little

It wasn’t us it was the soul takers over in SA! 😂 at least that’s what SA guy said, must have taken Tenaha and Shelbyville’s too, couldn’t have been the other teams they played just out played them too

17 minutes ago, Jacket44 said:

Faster than the 200 guy? Can’t believe that, watched him on the relays to, was the fastest of Joaquin, at least with the 👀. Maybe we ain’t talking about the same kid, I think he placed 2nd in State track meet in 200

Trust me I know..... he just signed letter of intent with SFA Track and field

1 minute ago, Jacket44 said:

Hope they give him more than they used to offer for track, but that’s been a while ago!

Not as much as I would like..... but it’s all performance based. If you run x time you get so many thousand. If you jump x distance then you get so many thousand..... Only problem is many times our offense has him blocking or in a tight box and he can’t get away. We gotta block everyone first..... That’s usually when I start yelling get em open space. But that’s a topic for another day.....😬

9 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Didn’t see many of any of our starters now on the field. We had some weak years, and some scared tacklers for several years. Should be a little different this go round! Y’alls skill guys are fast, but we got you on the line play by quite a bit now, but Friday night we will find out! Hope it ain’t raining, could care less if the boys get wet, but me on the other hand not so much.

Just now, BlueBlood99 said:

Not as much as I would like..... but it’s all performance based. If you run x time you get so many thousand. If you jump x distance then you get so many thousand..... Only problem is many times our offense has him blocking or in a tight box and he can’t get away. We gotta block everyone first..... That’s usually when I start yelling get em open space. But that’s a topic for another day.....😬

Lol, know the feeling, not so much now but a few years back. Good luck to him in track, always pull for good kids!

1 hour ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

Joaquin’s key is misdirection and speed. If you let them break free it’s a tough time catching them. I think Alto is one of the few schools that can match that speed.

Agreed. The misdirection coupled with speed is absolutely Joe’s bread and butter and why they’re dangerous. They run that particular offense very very fluid. The Alto defense will have to stay true to their keys (whether the Joe offensive set requires you to key on the guard play or whether their offensive set and pre snap motion requires our backers to see what the H does to identify a trap/wham or if he’s just lead blocking for another back on a pitch etc). Whatever the case may be, we will have to stay disciplined and not get caught up in the misdirection and stay true to keys at all times to minimize the long runs. Good thing is, we have some really intelligent backers when it comes to dissecting plays because they’re coached really well. Sometimes, we just gotta keep their emotions in check. Will be a physical game!

2 minutes ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

Man I thought for sure with his speed hed play ball and see some receiving time 

I have no less than 50 colleges wanting him to come play WR. But with the physical style of offense we run he is tired of being beat up...... He only weighs 150lbs.  I tried to tell em college ball would be different but he is naturally gifted in track. He oughta be all over 24ft in long jump this season and that’s a lot easier on the body...... I always thought a good goalline play would be to put em about 10yds back and let em fly.....

So just out of curiosity I check out groveton and they are nothing to write home about from what I can see . Beat a 6-4 love lady who is in a baby district , beat an 0-10 trinity , lost to buffalo , beat 1-9 Kerens , beat a 6-4 centerville who clearly wasn’t that great because big sandy beat them round 1 ,then went threw an easy district . (Besides SA who hulled them) .. so for any one to say they call groveton #3 in region 3 is laughable . I would say that garrison , Harleton , and Joaquin would handle em fairly easily tbh

2 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

So just out of curiosity I check out groveton and they are nothing to write home about from what I can see . Beat a 6-4 love lady who is in a baby district , beat an 0-10 trinity , lost to buffalo , beat 1-9 Kerens , beat a 6-4 centerville who clearly wasn’t that great because big sandy beat them round 1 ,then went threw an easy district . (Besides SA who hulled them) .. so for any one to say they call groveton #3 in region 3 is laughable . I would say that garrison , Harleton , and Joaquin would handle em fairly easily tbh

But Alto wouldn’t, right? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jacket44 said:

Are there and other good match ups this week in 2A, besides Harleton and Carlisle. Like in the other regions, I know next week there will be a good one Shiner vs. Refugio I think.

Good thing them two monsters are knocking each other off 

4 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

TBH this is a very weak region. Period. Garrison was better then what they played and I think they must have some issues that aren’t on the surface. The talent was their you could see it on the field it just couldn’t get going it didn’t seem. 

4 minutes ago, jacketgrad06 said:

TBH this is a very weak region. Period. Garrison was better then what they played and I think they must have some issues that aren’t on the surface. The talent was their you could see it on the field it just couldn’t get going it didn’t seem. 

Strongly agree . Wish the hosses in this region could get em all clicking at the same time , that way the one that comes out on top will be battle tested and damn near unstoppable