The Smoakhouse Forums

2A D1 AREA PLAYOFF: #8 Alto Yellowjackets (11-0) vs. Joaquin Rams (9-2) @ 7:30 p.m. Lufkin’s Abe Martin Stadium - Friday 11/22/19

Alto vs. Joaquin  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who advances?

• Alto
    • Joaquin

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/23/2019 at 01:30 AM

13 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Tenaha was 3-1 with the one loss to SA in non district. I believe LK and Beckville combined to go 2-6 in non-district. Ironically, their two combined non-district wins were over Hawkins, who finished third in your district. So the #3 seed out of your district lost to two of the teams that didn’t sniff the playoffs in ours, and you want to call ours weak?  

3 teams from our district are playing this friday....

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve hidden the offensive post and disciplined the member who posted it. That was inappropriate. 

This was the best 2a game I have seen played in East Texas in a while. None of that 7 on 7 touch football some schools play. Just plain old physical football. Two teams not just trying to outscore eac

Just because they beat Joaquin that means they automatically gonna give us a game...gtfoh 

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Not sure how to post this full link so I just took a screen shot. Good to see this young man doing well. Since it’s Joaquin week, some may remember our loss in Joaquin when one of our best broke his ankle. This was him. Pick 6 of 29 and 75 yards along with 7 tackles. Good to see 2A players have success at the next level. 

3B5C98F0-90AD-42E9-B7D1-601F527E9A5D.png

Straight baller right there guys!!!

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Track & Field!  Now that's another sport Alto knows a little bit about.  I know, I know.....some of it is kind of old (most recent championship in 2014 so that's within the 5 year threshold for some of you! 🤣).  But you know....history is good.  We are, after all, Americans who still celebrate our BACK-TO-BACK World War Championships and quite a few before and since then! :rofl:

Alto Track - Boys.jpg

wait when did this become a track forum

39 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Track & Field!  Now that's another sport Alto knows a little bit about.  I know, I know.....some of it is kind of old (most recent championship in 2014 so that's within the 5 year threshold for some of you! 🤣).  But you know....history is good.  We are, after all, Americans who still celebrate our BACK-TO-BACK World War Championships and quite a few before and since then! :rofl:

Alto Track - Boys.jpg

Hey buddy nothing wrong with showing off them titles! 😂

ol CC knows a lil something bout track as well...  we have 4 state titles in track one of them coming from my senior year... lol 

• Like 2

I know what I am about to write is unpopular but that’s ok, I think a team like Joaquin or Harleton will be better suited to give San Augustine a good game simply because they play better defense than MOST spread teams do. I am afraid Alto will get in a scoring contest with SA and get out scored, something like 75-50, aka Elysian Fields and Hemphill. Rams and Wildcats can keep the ball out of their hands and therefore have a better chance. But, whoever it is that gets to play SA, feel good about your success because that means you won your previous game. 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Destry said:

I know what I am about to write is unpopular but that’s ok, I think a team like Joaquin or Harleton will be better suited to give San Augustine a good game simply because they play better defense than MOST spread teams do. I am afraid Alto will get in a scoring contest with SA and get out scored, something like 75-50, aka Elysian Fields and Hemphill. Rams and Wildcats can keep the ball out of their hands and therefore have a better chance. But, whoever it is that gets to play SA, feel good about your success because that means you won your previous game. 

Obviously you haven’t seen much Alto Football this year, we ain’t considered a spread team

9 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Yeah you a spread team.... Spread that jelly aLLL over them biscuits. .... And I bet ALLLto FFA is better than Joaquin’s..... Have you seen the size of some of them heifers in that town????😂

Shots fired again!? Said ALLLto ain’t got nothing but fatties. 
I will say this bout Joaquin, they have a ton of good looking women and if you are from Center or Carthage and have the right amount of cash you could even have one yourself lmao

• Haha 2
Just now, corrigancamden09 said:

Bet y’all can’t say yalls team has a few state titles in checkers like CC does....😂😜

You should check out our horseshoe and washer pitching team. Bringing back 6 starters this year. Gonna be epic.

• Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Yeah you a spread team.... Spread that jelly aLLL over them biscuits. .... And I bet ALLLto FFA is better than Joaquin’s..... Have you seen the size of some of them heifers in that town????😂

Ain’t that a couple of them on the O-line?