Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

2A D1 AREA PLAYOFF: #8 Alto Yellowjackets (11-0) vs. Joaquin Rams (9-2) @ 7:30 p.m. Lufkin’s Abe Martin Stadium - Friday 11/22/19


Alto vs. Joaquin  

93 members have voted

  1. 1. Who advances?

    • Alto
      68
    • Joaquin
      25

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/23/2019 at 01:30 AM

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve hidden the offensive post and disciplined the member who posted it. That was inappropriate. 

This was the best 2a game I have seen played in East Texas in a while. None of that 7 on 7 touch football some schools play. Just plain old physical football. Two teams not just trying to outscore eac

Just because they beat Joaquin that means they automatically gonna give us a game...gtfoh 

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Damn bro..... surely there is an easier way to get off work 

Tell me about it, bad thing is I was already going to get off, just found out! Got 9 days off to recoup, hopefully I get to see at least a couple games while I’m home! 😂 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DontBeASnowFlake said:

I Gotcha. But the post isnt going to have anything to do with the game so i don’t see why it matters who see’s it. The players should already be pumped up and ready for this game and opportunity. If they’re worried bout a post on a thread then their heads are in the wrong spot 

Cowboys played the best game they’ve played after the Eagles coach guaranteed a win! Shouldn’t matter, but it’s human nature! Ever played sports?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DontBeASnowFlake said:

I Gotcha. But the post isnt going to have anything to do with the game so i don’t see why it matters who see’s it. The players should already be pumped up and ready for this game and opportunity. If they’re worried bout a post on a thread then their heads are in the wrong spot 

Think you’re seeing it diff than me. My response wasn’t a “ oh look what you’ve done now. Got our boys riled up” type response. I was meaning congrats in a sarcastic way, in that, it’s a shame they had to read such a classless and tasteless choice of words from another human being. My kids lost an entire home in the ordeal and were lucky that they were able to come and be safe with me immediately. While some of these kids didn’t have anywhere to go and had to go through a tougher time than mine did. That’s what I meant. I promise, these kids don’t need help getting fired up for a game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DontBeASnowFlake said:

I played Football since I’ve been big enough to put on cleats. I was just stating my opinion and that is nothing could fire me up more than a championship or another team trying to take that opportunity. 

Great. I was just explaining what I meant by “congrats” since you didn’t understand. I agree, winning should be the ultimate motivation. Some use “bulletin board material” even in the Pros. This is not that though. Did some of our players get riled up? Dunno, they’re in school lol. But I’m sure it p##### a couple off. But like 44 said. That’s human nature. Is what it is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate that anyone would be as low as to post anything about someone being in a storm that caused as much damage as y'all went thru. I for one respect Alto and would consider everyone there as brothers. I love the smack talk, but it can be taken to far. I pray the athelets on both teams have no injuries and safe travel to all the fans that attend our game.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

24 pages of good banter then some moron posts some bs. Who’d y’all beat again last week Alto? I don’t think anyone from Joaquin would say something so stupid. It’s all just fun and games. I’ve literally been cracking up at this whole ridiculous thread. Straight up whoever wins this game I’m pulling for all the way past this game. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d like to offer my apologies from Joaquin. We can’t control what 1 bad egg posts. Please do not lump us all into the same crowd.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have two kids on the Ram team and I personally mentioned it to the entire team. I’ve coached the majority of them in little league up unto Junior High ftball. They all swore it didn’t come from any of them. Obviously it’s a new person with a new handle. Like I said I’d be willing to bet the post didn’t even come from Joaquin. And even if it did come from some lunatic from Joe I’d be the first one in line to help Alto tar and feather the sucker.......on the otherhand I been sitting on a deerstand and didn’t see anything but squirrels. Sure hope the Rams have better luck Friday than I am hunting. I think in the morning I gonna wake up and go buy some fly swatters and see how many Yellowjackets I can swat. I bet that’s alot easier than deer hunting.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There shouldn’t be any more problems. If anything comes up like that again in this thread or another, please shoot me or any of the other mods/admins a pm and we’ll shut it down. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe fans all of us on here know that that post wasn’t typical or representative of you. Most of you that have been on here for years I know wouldn’t think of going there like that. I appreciate the way you all came out and have reaffirmed what we already knew about y’all.  Thanks once again guys.  That could have been any town that had a rouge poster in their mists.

I actually didn’t see it on here but it is now all over my Facebook and I really hate that anyone wasted the time to post it there. It didn’t do any good for anyone for it to get away from here.  
 

Once again nothing but respect and good will towards the people of Joaquin. May you all have safe travels and a great ball game as I expect it to be. 
 

That said go Jacket!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

So wet slick field, who does it hamper worse if anyone? Doesn’t Alto pass a fair amount? Would that hurt their passing offense perhaps?

Idk. Turf is funny when it rains. Most of us that are older didn’t get to play on as much as these guys but I believe it hampers Alto a bit. The biggest weakness I’ve seen could be magnified by the slick and rain. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jacketgrad06 said:

Idk. Turf is funny when it rains. Most of us that are older didn’t get to play on as much as these guys but I believe it hampers Alto a bit. The biggest weakness I’ve seen could be magnified by the slick and rain. 

Ball control could become an issue for run dominant teams tho, gon hafta hang onto that rock good.. Js 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Stoney said:

There shouldn’t be any more problems. If anything comes up like that again in this thread or another, please shoot me or any of the other mods/admins a pm and we’ll shut it down. 

Also, when someone posts something like that, please don’t quote it. That just means more posts we have to hide and it takes us longer to squash it. On behalf of the RAMNATION, let me extend our sincere apologies to the school and community in Alto. I’ve been around a lot of people in tragic times like that Saturday this past spring. I’ve seen people lose everything they’ve worked for. It’s nothing to joke about. That said, let’s get back on topic and talk about the game.

GO RAMS! 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Also, when someone posts something like that, please don’t quote it. That just means more posts we have to hide and it takes us longer to squash it. On behalf of the RAMNATION, let me extend our sincere apologies to the school and community in Alto. I’ve been around a lot of people in tragic times like that Saturday this past spring. I’ve seen people lose everything they’ve worked for. It’s nothing to joke about. That said, let’s get back on topic and talk about the game.

GO RAMS! 

Sorry for quoting it . It just really disappointed me when I saw it and should have just commented and not quoted.  I’m sorry again Alto folks

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright back to the topic, Alto gonna win by FIDDY and I ain’t backing off it! Ain’t no turf field gonna be slicker than altos mud hole in the rain or 3 days after a rain and We’ve run good on it this year.....turf is turf if it ain’t a monsoon traction isn’t a problem.....holding onto the ball and throwing would be affected in rain for sure but let’s hope it dies down a little during game!

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Cherokee603 said:

Alright back to the topic, Alto gonna win by FIDDY and I ain’t backing off it! Ain’t no turf field gonna be slicker than altos mud hole in the rain or 3 days after a rain and We’ve run good on it this year.....turf is turf if it ain’t a monsoon traction isn’t a problem.....holding onto the ball and throwing would be affected in rain for sure but let’s hope it dies down a little during game!

Y’all can’t count to fiddy 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...