2A D1 AREA PLAYOFF: #8 Alto Yellowjackets (11-0) vs. Joaquin Rams (9-2) @ 7:30 p.m. Lufkin’s Abe Martin Stadium - Friday 11/22/19

StingEmALTO

Alto vs. Joaquin  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who advances?

• Alto
    • Joaquin

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/23/2019 at 01:30 AM

4 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I was curious about something. The entire Alto coaching staff was seated right behind me at kickoff, with several guys taking notes as one would expect when you get a chance to see your playoff opponent live a week before you play them. But they didn’t even stay there through the first quarter. I shower every day, so I know it wasn’t that. Maybe they didn’t like the cowbells or wanted to be closer to the band. Idk. I did speak to the Duplichain kid at halftime and congratulated him on their playoff win. He was very gracious and respectful. Good kid. 

I KNOW THAT GUY....GREAT KID!!!!  Not sure about the coaches moving. They are used to noise. 🤷‍♂️😂 Maybe they sensed you were listening to them and thought it better to move out of ear shot so as to keep you from sharing their top secret discussion and game plans? 🤣🤣🤣 Maybe they were upset no one offered them a cowbell! 

My question is: Are the cowbells louder than the band? 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

9 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

GREAT KID!!!!  Not sure about the coaches moving. They are used to noise. 🤷‍♂️😂 Maybe they sensed you were listening to them and thought it better to move out of ear shot so as to keep you from sharing their top secret discussion and game plans? 🤣🤣🤣 Maybe they were upset no one offered them a cowbell! 

My question is: Are the cowbells louder than the band? 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

Haha absolutely not! The train horn isn’t louder than Altos band! Yalls band is awesome! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Might have to be like me and catch that flu bug that's been going around.   Considering getting sick this week.   Gonna start my act probably about Wednesday with a few sneezes and coughing outbreaks.   Then Thursday I'm gonna spend extra time in the bathroom and come back holding my stomach going "oh man,  oh sweet Jesus, I think I'm coming down with something".

Works. Every. Time.  

Greezy, sounds like you got that down to an art form. 🤣🤣🤣 You coming to Lufkin? They’ll be completely thrown off with your Tigers not playing. They might actually believe you are sick! 😂

6 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I was curious about something. The entire Alto coaching staff was seated right behind me at kickoff, with several guys taking notes as one would expect when you get a chance to see your playoff opponent live a week before you play them. But they didn’t even stay there through the first quarter. I shower every day, so I know it wasn’t that. Maybe they didn’t like the cowbells or wanted to be closer to the band. Idk. I did speak to the Duplichain kid at halftime and congratulated him on their playoff win. He was very gracious and respectful. Good kid. 

They were still there. Just getting a better view from up top from what I saw.

8 hours ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

I will say this. Last two times alto was SUPPOSED to wipe the floor with Joaquin they got mollywhopped. I know I know different kids different offense etc. Don’t get overconfident Alto. Missteps in this phase can have you predicting a blowout one minute and dribbling a basketball the next 

Kids ain’t over confident and coaches ain’t over confident but I am....but ain’t no round balls in altos future for at least another couple weeks....I know Joaquin overly enjoyed getting them last 2 Ws against alto, Hope y’all got the memory stored in a safe place cause it ain’t happening again this week! 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Cherokee603 said:

Kids ain’t over confident and coaches ain’t over confident but I am....but ain’t no round balls in altos future for at least another couple weeks....I know Joaquin overly enjoyed getting them last 2 Ws against alto, Hope y’all got the memory stored in a safe place cause it ain’t happening again this week! 

If Alto is so good this year how come these kids didn’t have any sustained success as juniors???? Askn for a friend 

2 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

If Alto is so good this year how come these kids didn’t have any sustained success as juniors???? Askn for a friend 

First year in a new system, no senior leadership, and didn’t have the work ethic yet. Asking for a friend, why y’all always get beat out of the playoffs so early! 

• LOL! 1
  • Stinks 1

7 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Ummm they were juniors in new program and thought last year they were pretty good for that.....2 rounds and 2nd place in district...losses last year were against senior heavy teams

1 hour ago, Cherokee603 said:

That boy fired up for them Jackets, that 11-0 will make you feel invincible won’t it. Make you feel like ain’t no chinks in your armor.