Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

2A D1 AREA PLAYOFF: #8 Alto Yellowjackets (11-0) vs. Joaquin Rams (9-2) @ 7:30 p.m. Lufkin’s Abe Martin Stadium - Friday 11/22/19


Alto vs. Joaquin  

93 members have voted

  1. 1. Who advances?

    • Alto
      68
    • Joaquin
      25

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/23/2019 at 01:30 AM

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Been about 24hrs since Joe did the unthinkable and sent ALLLTO to the gym to pound the basketball and I’m really surprised not one guy can muster up the courage to come eat a little crow pie...... c’mon guys I had a therapist say one time the best way to get over something is to just let it out and talk about it and then you can heal.

Maybe they can’t hear you over their band. 

  • Haha 1
  • Stinks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve hidden the offensive post and disciplined the member who posted it. That was inappropriate. 

This was the best 2a game I have seen played in East Texas in a while. None of that 7 on 7 touch football some schools play. Just plain old physical football. Two teams not just trying to outscore eac

Just because they beat Joaquin that means they automatically gonna give us a game...gtfoh 

Posted Images

This was the best 2a game I have seen played in East Texas in a while. None of that 7 on 7 touch football some schools play. Just plain old physical football. Two teams not just trying to outscore each other but actually hitting, tackling, and making them earn every yard. I want to thank you both for an entertaining Friday night.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tse-tschese-staeste said:

This was the best 2a game I have seen played in East Texas in a while. None of that 7 on 7 touch football some schools play. Just plain old physical football. Two teams not just trying to outscore each other but actually hitting, tackling, and making them earn every yard. I want to thank you both for an entertaining Friday night.

Joe’s players feel like it too .  Gotta ice the bruises, strap up and bring that same physicality this week!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2019 at 8:31 PM, tse-tschese-staeste said:

This was the best 2a game I have seen played in East Texas in a while. None of that 7 on 7 touch football some schools play. Just plain old physical football. Two teams not just trying to outscore each other but actually hitting, tackling, and making them earn every yard. I want to thank you both for an entertaining Friday night.

The collisions started at the first of the game and never stopped until the final second ticked off. Both teams were looking for contact every play. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2019 at 8:58 AM, BlueBlood99 said:

I just can’t believe we can’t get any ALLLto has beens to swallow their pride and admit they were beat last night. Nothing wrong with 11-1 guys.....

11-1 to a traditional power is disappointing especially knowing the talent that was on the field.  To many of the folks in Alto anything less then 3 rounds is failure every year. That’s what you get when you have the success and record that alto has had the last 30 years. 
 

 It’s funny to think how this region would’ve turned out if Joaquin doesn’t lose that game to Harleton.  This game was worthy of a regional final as far as quality. 
 

I still truly believe the main problem that Alto had was the fact that they hadn’t had any true competition in weeks. Not only does that hurt the players but even coaches have to brush rust off.  They don’t have to see what works in times of hardship with their players.  By no means saying that if would’ve made a difference but some times a struggle is good for a team. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jacketgrad06 said:

11-1 to a traditional power is disappointing especially knowing the talent that was on the field.  To many of the folks in Alto anything less then 3 rounds is failure every year. That’s what you get when you have the success and record that alto has had the last 30 years. 
 

 It’s funny to think how this region would’ve turned out if Joaquin doesn’t lose that game to Harleton.  This game was worthy of a regional final as far as quality. 
 

I still truly believe the main problem that Alto had was the fact that they hadn’t had any true competition in weeks. Not only does that hurt the players but even coaches have to brush rust off.  They don’t have to see what works in times of hardship with their players.  By no means saying that if would’ve made a difference but some times a struggle is good for a team. 

The last 26years perhaps..... but not the last 30.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jacketgrad06 said:

That’s why they called the 06-07 teams the sons of tradition. Most on the guys on the team dad’s played on the 84 team that lost to groveton in the regional final. 

Yalls squad was legit. Your band was legit. Crowd was legit. Program is about to return to its glory days I think. You’ll have to get used to something that y’all weren’t used to in the 80-90s etc and that’s a Joaquin program that has been on the turnaround TRULY since the day Wade Lawson and Jones twins put on the uniform almost 20 years ago. If you’ll look at Joaquin football prior to Lawson’s class donning the uniform you’ll see 0-10 seasons galore. Soon as Lawson and Jones twins and their class started playing ball you’ve had to start taking Joaquin serious. Seems like it’s been Lawson’s life mission almost to transform a once laughed at program into a respected program and ultimately a feared program. Soon as he 100% took the helm as head coach his winning spirit has infected the town. Him and the Jones boys are dogs. They ain’t got nothing but fight in them. As long as they are there Alto will have to contend with another type of tradition. One in the making.

Them boys have had their crosshairs on Garrison, Alto, Tenaha, San Augustine for a long time, y’all are just now seeing the beginning stages of something 20 years in the making finally manifest itself. 
 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

Yalls squad was legit. Your band was legit. Crowd was legit. Program is about to return to its glory days I think. You’ll have to get used to something that y’all weren’t used to in the 80-90s etc and that’s a Joaquin program that has been on the turnaround TRULY since the day Wade Lawson and Jones twins put on the uniform almost 20 years ago. If you’ll look at Joaquin football prior to Lawson’s class donning the uniform you’ll see 0-10 seasons galore. Soon as Lawson and Jones twins and their class started playing ball you’ve had to start taking Joaquin serious. Seems like it’s been Lawson’s life mission almost to transform a once laughed at program into a respected program and ultimately a feared program. Soon as he 100% took the helm as head coach his winning spirit has infected the town. Him and the Jones boys are dogs. They ain’t got nothing but fight in them. As long as they are there Alto will have to contend with another type of tradition. One in the making.

Them boys have had their crosshairs on Garrison, Alto, Tenaha, San Augustine for a long time, y’all are just now seeing the beginning stages of something 20 years in the making finally manifest itself. 
 

I totally agree that y’all are starting to have that type of program that every year folks will have to worry about y’all. The last 10-15 years yalls team has been competitive and is always in the talks with a district title. It takes time and patience to get there and a town buy in. Winning the type of war y’all won last week just lays more to that foundation.  No doubt that Joaquin is not a lay down and take it team. They will play with the best year in and year out. That’s all you can ask for is to have the not rebuild but reload culture. 
 

One last time from me - seems to be the last Alto guy left - great game from yalls boys and good luck the rest of the way. Hope all those guys heal up soon. Have a happy thanksgiving and enjoy playing afterwards. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, jacketgrad06 said:

11-1 to a traditional power is disappointing especially knowing the talent that was on the field.  To many of the folks in Alto anything less then 3 rounds is failure every year. That’s what you get when you have the success and record that alto has had the last 30 years. 
 

 It’s funny to think how this region would’ve turned out if Joaquin doesn’t lose that game to Harleton.  This game was worthy of a regional final as far as quality. 
 

I still truly believe the main problem that Alto had was the fact that they hadn’t had any true competition in weeks. Not only does that hurt the players but even coaches have to brush rust off.  They don’t have to see what works in times of hardship with their players.  By no means saying that if would’ve made a difference but some times a struggle is good for a team. 

I stood there wondering all night why they wasn’t throwing the ball to #19.... there at the end of the game and even most of the night Joaquin had single coverage on him...

I really would have liked to have seen them throw the ball more .... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

I stood there wondering all night why they wasn’t throwing the ball to #19.... there at the end of the game and even most of the night Joaquin had single coverage on him...

I really would have liked to have seen them throw the ball more .... 

Safety over the top had em worried. We could slow their run with our front so he was essentially doubled covered 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Safety over the top had em worried. We could slow their run with our front so he was essentially doubled covered 

Yes sir now that you think about it he was double covered,   But if you put a receiver on both sides that safety has to really be on his toes and the person playing man better not let him get by 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...